Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

TFDI 717

Does anyone have an idea if the 717 will be released for P3dv5? For some reason I can find almost nothing about this, and I am surprised that 5 months after release of v5 there is no guidance yet. Maybe I am not looking at the right place in the TFDI Forums?

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1.1.7 supports and installs into P3Dv5.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Just now, Luke said:

1.1.7 supports and installs into P3Dv5.

Cheers!

Thanks Luke! How did I not see this! Time to go back to the optometrist.

Cheers, Pete

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available if you bought it via Orbx.

Oops. Never mind. I guess I can get it now... 

Edit 2: it won't let me install in P3dV5...

Edited by Alistair Logie

I know it was in beta for V5 through discord but I don't see it downloadable in the addon Manager for version five.

Vic green

I had no problem installing it in P3Dv5 but... it still doesn't look very good. Cockpit textures are blurry. I also had to remove TrueGlass.dll and RealLight.dll otherwise P3D either crashes or freezes. I only have 6 Gb on my graphics card. Maybe it works better for someone with more vram...

System Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte Aorus Master mobo, 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance Lpx DDR4 memory, MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio 8G video card.

2 hours ago, ghislain said:

I had no problem installing it in P3Dv5 but... it still doesn't look very good. Cockpit textures are blurry. I also had to remove TrueGlass.dll and RealLight.dll otherwise P3D either crashes or freezes. I only have 6 Gb on my graphics card. Maybe it works better for someone with more vram...

Same for me, on the ground before take off it was using over 6GB of VRAM. After I took off it went up to 6.5 and then I aborted the flight.

Cheers, Pete

I guess it's best to use it in V4.5. Hasn't been long since the view change crash bug  has been fixed in V4.5. Seems fixes are always slow coming with this bird.

Vic green