Sign in to follow this  
Augie

Highest airport in FSX? Anyone know what it is?

As far as I'm aware, the world's highest airport is ZUBD/BPX Bangda in Tibet, at 14,219 feet above sea level.But since it isn't included in FSX (although there was an FS2004 add on I believe), I was wondering if anyone knows which airport actually is the highest one simulated in FSX?I thought it might be a nice test of the improved air mass simulation to try a take-off from somewhere up high, so I'll settle for the highest one FSX has got, hot and high being an even better test.Anyone know or care to guess?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I don't know about the world-but the highest in the cont. United States is Leadville,CO.I took a mountain flying lesson out there once-we were going to go to a bunch of mtn. airports -with leadville last in the early afternoon on a summer day. The instructor explained that with the high density altitude, the only way we would be able to climb after takeoff was to catch the updrafts of the nearby mountain ridge and catch some lift from that. Unfortunately, over the corona pass my prop started leaking grease,we turned back to Denver Centenial, and I was never able to make the flight-and get the certificate they give you for landing at the Us's highest airport.Would be interesting to try this scenerio in fsx....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest dutton

Geofa, sounds like fun! Will have to try that out.Along with the improved feeling of actually flying in FSX, I have found numerous other things improved, including what appears to be better reaction of the aircraft/engine at higher altitudes. Definitely seems more realistic now so that little adventure could prove to be quite fun. We should figure out the details and make a mission! ;)duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

I also lots of ideas for missions but unfortunately don't have the time to look into how to do it. I'd love to have an "emergency" series-and recreate some real life ones I and others have had. I think this could be one of the most useful and realistic aspects of missions as emergencies are seldom predictable and usually snowball in unusual manners.I'll have to try the above scenerio when I get a chance-I have already experienced rising currents by the mountains in the sim-it is really cool.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

thanks for the link, looks like I'm off to Peru. I'll have to put my Paddington Bear duffle coat on :-)

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

>looks like I'm off to Peru. I'll have to>put my Paddington Bear duffle coat on :-)You'll also get a patch (mission reward) for landing at SPRF (highest airport).Other patches are awarded for landing at LLMZ (lowest airport), NZPG (southernmost), CYLT (northernmost), SCIP (most remote).Pietro.

>You'll also get a patch (mission reward) for landing at SPRF>(highest airport).>>Other patches are awarded for landing at LLMZ (lowest>airport), NZPG (southernmost), CYLT (northernmost), SCIP (most>remote).>>Pietro.>I managed to get NZPG SCIP and SPRF so far. But, I've been to CYLT at least ten times with nothing to show for it. Anyone have the CYLT patch?