Sign in to follow this  
leefree

King Air 350i Startup issue with video

Here's a weird issue that started up in the last couple of days in MSFS. I'm using the King Air 350i. In this video there are two segments of cold and dark startup. The first segment is the cold and dark startup with the hardware that is connected to the sim and have been mapped. Yes, I verified that my devices are functioning (saitek throttles, saitek switch panel, ch products yoke.)You will see that the right engine fails to start despite following the procedures to get the engines to start.

The second segment of the video shows me doing the same exact startup sequence but using the mouse to click on the switches and manipulate the mixture controls and the right engine starts up as it should.

For some reason, using hardware connected to the sim, I cannot start up engines even though everything is mapped correctly as you can see in the video but have no issues with engine startup when I use the mouse to do the startup procedure. This has been happening the last couple of days.
See for yourself.

Lee A.

Edited by leefree

Try pushing the condition lever just a little bit further so that it is above the low idle cutout. I am able to start the engines in the B350, but as you shown it is not quite right.

52 minutes ago, KenG said:

Try pushing the condition lever just a little bit further so that it is above the low idle cutout. I am able to start the engines in the B350, but as you shown it is not quite right.

Tried that but same results so I ended up doing something different that I saw on a youtube video. In cold and dark, I switched on the battery, than the left and right generators. Set both mixture levels to 100% and then on the ignition section, instead switching it to the ON position to start the engine, I switched it to Starter Only and held it there until 26% N1. It works lol