Sign in to follow this  
BobP

***Flashing Sky/Clouds***

IIRC it was mentioned in an earlier post that this issue is related to being near the interface to two weather layers (vertically). its the visual equivalent of the almighty wind shifts. I suggest that if you get it on a flight then redo the flight, if possible, with no weather and see if the issue re-appears. Another experiment would to to gain altitude quickly if it appears and check if it stops. I have experienced this some time ago but haven't seen it recently and I haven't changed my graphics card or drivers.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest Agrajag

It does indeed stop if I clear the haze one way or the other but that's no solution. If haze appears onscreen it will flash. In VATSIM haze seems to be a nearly constant companion so there's little escaping it.Obviously haze is not meant to flash and certainly not every time it's evident.I may re-install again to see if perhaps something with SP1 didn't take for some reason.

Guest Xiderpunk

Quick query, I have never seen this on my Nvidia 8800GTX however on our test machines running a 7 series we have encountered this very issue. Would like to ask how many users posting on this thread with this problem are running a 7 series Nvidia card?The problem appears to be one of Z-drawing when you have lots of alpha textures overlaying other alpha textures, such as is the case with clouds.

Guest Xiderpunk

Quick query, I have never seen this on my Nvidia 8800GTX however on our test machines running a 7 series we have encountered this very issue. Would like to ask how many users posting on this thread with this problem are running a 7 series Nvidia card?The problem appears to be one of Z-drawing when you have lots of alpha textures overlaying other alpha textures, such as is the case with clouds.

I am using an 8800GTX.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest danny68

I've got a series 7 card and seeing this flashing.Dan

I get this too - seems to effect Stratus layers for me. I have tried several drivers with no change. Don't seem to remember ever seeing this prior to SP1 however.BTW I'm running a 7600gt.

Guest Xiderpunk

I had kind of expected this to be manifest with a common denominator such as a particular card or driver verson but from the responses I guess sadly it is not that simple (at least so far! there maybe a common denominator just havn't worked out yet). I have yet to see it on my main development PC.. so something strange is going on.

Guest Agrajag

I'm going to get a FRAPS recording of it and have a lead Nvidia engineer looking at it. We'll see if that helps.Did someone say they saw this on ATI??? If so, that's not good news. That means it's MS and they seem to feel the game is just about done. I can't imagine years of looking at flashing haze.I've also sent several requests to Aces team members begging for any help on this issue and have not even gotten the courtesy of a single reply.I have time this weekend so I'll find out if I get lucky with a complete re-install.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I am having what seems to be a similar issue, and it seems to have just started, although it could be that I wasn't doing anything.What happens to me is not a regular stop, but if I start to pull up and the nose goes above the horizon, FSX pauses for a moment, the screen flashes white. Same thing if I continue the loop and my nose goes below the horizon. It seems slightly different with different planes, but the effect is similar (some planes allow me to pull the nose up further).Now, I don't remember this happening to me before. It seems to have started since I loaded Wheelcam and possibly Simcharts. But even if I turn these two applications off after I have started FSX, I still get the problem. My next step will be to remove the applications from the dll.xml or wherever else they are started so that they are never started to see if these are having any effect. If so, that would point to it being a simconnect problem (is Real Weather using SimConnect?).I've never noticed it on my 3.4 GHz E6600/8800 GTS 640/2 GB mem (but I've never loaded Wheelcam on this machine, and I don't think I've loaded Simcharts on it either). The problem is only occuring on my 1.8 GHz Pentium M Dell D810/ATI X300 MB 64 MB/2GB machine.Is it possible I am having the same problem as you guys, or do you think my issue is different. I could swear I've never seen this before, even after loading SP1.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Agrajag

I believe this is a different issue. In fact, I suspect it's the issue I've seen mentioned while searching for the one we are talking about. Yours might be the Tool Tips bug. Try turning off Tool Tips to see if that fixes yours.

Nope, not the tool tips bug. That's off. It's really interesting that it just started for me, I can't believe I hadn't done any maneuevering in FSX on my laptop until a couple of weeks ago.If I fly straight and level, no issue, but as soon as I try to go up into a loop or climb quickly or turn hard, it happens. It's really annoying.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Agrajag

Did a complete re-install today. The problem was there in 1.0 and 1.1 for me.One curious thing is that it was showing in the Top-Down view when I was pulled all the way out into outer-space. Surely this is a bug that could be found.It was also there before UTX and before FSINN so it's not either of those.