Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Carenado M20 Ovation

The only thing I don't like is the trim on the plane it either climbs at 2000fpm or descends at 2000fpm.  Other than that I've been having some lovely flights in it.

https://imgpile.com/i/umf5Gr

https://imgpile.com/i/umfRHR

https://imgpile.com/i/umfTpg

https://imgpile.com/i/umfdbc

Sorry you have to click on pics Insert image from URL isn't working

Try this:

umfTpg.png

Just paste the URL as normal text in the body of the message ... like so ...

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

50 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Hi Todd,

The reason your images aren't showing is that you're inserting the wrong URL. If you go to the above link and right-click on the actual image, you should see an option called "Open Image in New Tab". That image URL (with umf5Gr.png at the very end) is what you need to post here for your images to display properly. In this case it would be https://imgpile.com/images/umf5Gr.png.

Cheers,

Jerome

In Firefox, I right mouse click to see :"Copy Image Location" and use that:

umf5Gr.png

Here's the link itself and, as Jerome points out, it has "images" in the URL, whereas your original just had "i" ...

https://imgpile.com/images/umf5Gr.png

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

4 hours ago, Todd2 said:

The only thing I don't like is the trim on the plane it either climbs at 2000fpm or descends at 2000fpm

Hiya Todd, actually, if you set the altitude selector to, let's say, 8000ft, click ARM and when you activate the autopilot once in air, it will climb at the default 500ft per min. Same for descent. Give that a try.

• Like 3

Mario Di Lauro

It's got to be one of the best panels around for MSFS at the moment.  Quite different from most, and full of character.

If they fix the few issues, I will consider it money well spent.  I already have quite a few hours on it.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If they fix the few issues, I will consider it money well spent.  I already have quite a few hours on it.

Bob, what would you consider the issues, aside from the current sim problems? Just curious as I too love this plane.

Mario Di Lauro

Just now, tamsini said:

Bob, what would you consider the issues, aside from the current sim problems? Just curious as I too love this plane.

Sorry for jumping in... I also like the plane.. but:

1. The autopilot zig zags in GPS NAV mode

2. The autopilot occasionally initiates a spiral dive

3. The GNS530 has all the MSFS shortcomings

other than that, very nice indeed 🙂

Bert

26 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Sorry for jumping in... I also like the plane.. but:

1. The autopilot zig zags in GPS NAV mode

2. The autopilot occasionally initiates a spiral dive

3. The GNS530 has all the MSFS shortcomings

other than that, very nice indeed 🙂

Hi Bert, you're a right, forgot about point number 1.

Thankfully,  I have not encountered point number 2 yet.

As for point number 3, well, I'm wondering if that will ever be addressed or will it take something like F1 GTN etc..

Mario Di Lauro

Would agree with 1 and 2 but have not experienced number 3. Also am I missing something but can someone tell me how to turn instrument panel lights on. I find then quite dark. Thanks.

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

It is a superb plane, and the external liveries are great.  If Carenado fix the few issues that have been raised, it will be a corker! 

They have acknowledged them, so if a fix comes as quickly as it did for the C182T they released, I will be pleased.

So, as Bert mentioned, plus:-

1.  The main one is the trim sensitivity.  It is widely regarded as being way over sensitive and can be difficult to trim out.  I have to partially trim it on the throttle as I have finer control over that.

2.  I use a Thrustmaster joystick.  For all default aircraft, top hat left and right shows a quick view out of the left and right windows respectively (helpful in the circuit).  On the Ovation, Carenado have changed it to view the wing tank gauge on the left wing (when moving the top hat right!  And top hat left shows you the back seats! 😂  Strange.  They must have got mixed up somewhere!   They can be reassigned, but they need to keep to the defaults, as spare control panel views could easily have been assigned for their views instead.

3.  It has also been reported that the rudder trim is accidentally reversed, but I have not had cause to use it yet.

It just shows you though, even with these issues I have spent more hours in this aircraft than any other.  I love it! 😁

PS. As Powlcown mentions above, lights are missing for the overhead panel (ironically to turn the lights on!).  So it's difficult to find them in the dark.  I use Alt-L to put the head torch on - a great little feature! 👍

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, powlcown said:

Would agree with 1 and 2 but have not experienced number 3. Also am I missing something but can someone tell me how to turn instrument panel lights on. I find then quite dark. Thanks.

Look between the avionics stack and copilot yoke. You'll see two rotatable knobs for panel lighting (lower part of panel).

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro