Sign in to follow this  
Jon Buck

HyperGauge error msg blocking my 430/530

I’m getting that annoying error message: “failed to load HyperGauge. Check your DLL.XML, ” each time I open MSFS FSX. I get an outline of the 530 GPS but  the screen is blank and the buttons are dead. 

I’m no “IT” guy so I can’t go sleuthing very deep into the cptr. Email messages to Mindstar and phone calls for tech support help have gone unanswered, so I'm trying to solve the mystery from what I could glean from the internet and this forum.  

One message from this forum a year ago advised to go down thru regedit till you find fsx.exe under ‘Layers‘ and see if it says something like “ignoreFreeLibrary”.  Found the fsx.exe, but no match there. 

Another suggestion had to do with the 5th parameter setting.  I was able to find it but unable to comprehend what it was saying.  

So far I have had no luck, so am turning to you folks to help me out. Forum rules state that I'm not supposed to ask a direct question, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

JonB

Not supposed to ask a direct question?? That would be odd... especially since the whole point of our support forum is so you can ask questions and get help, right? 🙂

Could you please paste the content of your dll.xml file located in "C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" where [yourusername] is the name you log into Windows with.

The error message indicates that the DLL isn't being loaded and the primary source of this is a bad dll.xml file or that the HyperGauge.dll file isn't sitting in your "\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules" folder.  So, ensure you see HyperGauge.dll in the Modules folder and post the content of your dll.xml file.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I just checked our support queue... you sent a request for support Friday morning.  Someone is looking at your ticket today.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks for the response, Ed.

""Could you please paste the content of your dll.xml file located in "C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" where [yourusername] is the name you log into Windows with.""

Darned if I can find a dll.xml in either the Local Disk C/user/owner or public files. Am I looking in the right place? 

Is that normally generated when you install FSX? 

JonB

Ok, at this point it is probably going to be best to set you up with remote support so that we can have someone connect to your system remotely and fix the issue.  You should get a response from our support system regarding this within 24 hours.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

FBTW

Continuation of Request 5519/5530

Oh Oh, you just fixed my HyperGauge problem. Now the GNS comes up normally. Great!

I tried it out for the first time...set a direct to KFDK airport and when I hit "enter" ...FSX crashed.  It tries to load (activate) but locks up and all goes blank to the desktop. 

Can you go back in and see if you can rectify that situation?

I reset the font size to normal...100%. Could that have caused it?

Jon Buck 

[removed email]

Edited by WarpD
Removal of user's email... never post email address!

6 hours ago, Jon Buck said:

FBTW

Continuation of Request 5519/5530

Oh Oh, you just fixed my HyperGauge problem. Now the GNS comes up normally. Great!

I tried it out for the first time...set a direct to KFDK airport and when I hit "enter" ...FSX crashed.  It tries to load (activate) but locks up and all goes blank to the desktop. 

Can you go back in and see if you can rectify that situation?

I reset the font size to normal...100%. Could that have caused it?

Jon Buck 

Well, nevermind after all.  I removed FSUIPC4 from the modules folder and if worked normally, including your GNS/VR on Foreflight. Finally am able to load a waypoint and approach, and shoot GPS, ILS & VOR approaches normally...and that's all I need to do to help my IFR currency.   Have no idea why FSUIPC was blocking the GPS. 

Only minor glitch is that the glidescope needle sometimes doesn't respond during GPS/RNAV approaches...but not all the time. 

Thanks for the help.  Much appreciated. 

JonB 

robertbuck0936@gmail.com

Edited by WarpD