Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

Amazon rant, re: Honeycomb Yoke!

4 hours ago, Tork_Curve said:

Same here for Airbus pack - just had an email saying no can do - no longer available....Utter rubbish.

I am absolutely raging right now. As of 7am today, it was still showing as being delivered today. But at 9:30am I had the email:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered on October 19 2020 in Order# XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086J6KWTZ

We’ll email you as soon as we have a delivery date, and we’re making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. If you would prefer, you can cancel this order:

So, what, have they had a break-in at their warehouse which is 15 miles away from me, because if it was to be delivered today, they would have had in there by 7am, let alone 9:30!🤬

It's one thing for suppliers & distributors to find their supply chain disrupted by Covid, but I see no excuse for the likes of Amazon to say something will be delivered that day only for it to mysteriously be out of stock with no idea of availability 2 hours later! This is a shambles. I shall be complaining to Amazon (asking them if they've informed the police of a robbery most likely), and I suggest everyone in the same boat does it too.

Meanwhile I shall be putting my name on the waiting list for a Fulcrum yoke because at least Chris there is shipping order, even if he does have a month plus backlog.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I have just finished a most unhelpful chat with 'Rishabh' (Oh, an Indian name, I wonder where Amazon's customer service is based🤔 ) Messed around doesn't even start to cover it. They don't even know their own pre-order charging policy!

No previous messages
Messaging Assistant | Customer Service
Hello! It's Amazon's Chat Assistant again.
41iQ7y3k5jL._SS100_.jpg
Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)
Need help with this?
19:59
Yes, that’s it
We are currently preparing the shipment. The order will arrive in time.
How long does it take to ship?
20:00
Looks like there isn’t a delivery date for this order yet. You can always check on its status by visiting Your Orders.
What else can I help you with?
20:00
Need a Customer Service Associate
20:10
Please provide details about the issue, so we can help you better.
20:10
What is going on?
1) "Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date: "Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)" Estimated arrival date: November 13 2020 "

2) "We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on October 19 2020 (Order# XXX). The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date: "Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)" Previous estimated arrival date: November 13 2020 New estimated arrival date: October 23 2020 "

3) "We're still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered on October 19 2020 in Order# XXX. "Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)" http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086J6KWTZ We’ll email you as soon as we have a delivery date, and we’re making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. If you would prefer, you can cancel this order "

Have you had a theft from your warehouse?!! At 7am today, it was still showing as being delivered today.at 9:40 I get email 3 (above). How could it still be on target for delivery less than 3 hours before it's sudeenly unavailable? It would need to have been in my nearest warehouse for it to be delivered today, and that's only 15 miles from me. I've already twice had an order for the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke canceled as "no longer available from supplier" despite it still being very much in production. Amazon is not looking good over this. How could this go from "Delivery today" to "Unavailable" in the 2 hours between me checking on it at 7am and getting an email saying it was out of stock?
20:11

R
Rishabh has joined and will be ready to chat in just a minute.
Rishabh | Customer Service
Hi MR
I'm here to help you. I hope you are safe with your loved ones.
How may I assist you today?
R
20:23
If you've seen the above message, you'll see that my order was due for delivery today and still shown that way at 7am. Then it was suddenly unavailable at 9:30am. How?
20:24
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this case.
Please bear with me while I check this for you
R
20:25
Thank you

20:27
In this case I request you to please place the order with different seller
Just to confirm have you checked the item with different seller ?
R
20:37
The order was from Amazon UK, not a marketplace seller. No other seller has it on Amazon anyway
20:51
R
Rishabh has joined and will be ready to chat in just a minute.
I can completely understand that MR
Since the item is out of stock from Amazon UK
R
20:53
I'm still looking for an answer why it was listed for delivery today and then cancelled
20:53
So I request you to please place a order with different seller
R
20:54
Like who? Nobody has it now. Extremely poor service. So you're saying don't buy a product from Amazon?
20:54
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this case.
R
20:57
Again, why was it was listed for delivery today and then cancelled?
20:57
While we aim to display the most accurate product availability details on our website as possible, occasionally products do go out of stock or become unavailable at fulfillment center
We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible.
R
21:03
Stock answer from the list of responses. If something is shown as available to deliver on the morning of delivery, then it should be delivered as promised. Anything else is just unacceptable.
"We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible." Did you take that off the website? Because that's what it says too
21:04
I am taking your word as a valuable feedback and I am passing this to my manager, we will look into this for the future deliveries.
I have escalated this to our managers
Yes MR
It is no longer available so it is Temporarily out of stock. on website
R
21:05
That is now way to treat customers, taking money for pre-orders, feeding them misleading information and fobbing them off with stock answers. And you can tell your managers that too because Amazon doesn't even allow its customers to email anyone with issues. My money is going to other companies with better customer service. And I will share my experiences.
21:07
We do not charge until the item gets dispatched
So you have not bee charged for this
R
21:08
Not true for pre-orders. You should check. You charge 5 days after a customer places an order. I had to get a refund for the Honeycomb Alpha mentioned above.
The only reason I have not been charged for this is I ordered within the 5 days before release so a charge would not have been made yet.
So please get your managers to update your information to give to customers.
Example: https://www.vg247.com/2019/05/30/amazon-europe-uk-now-charging-full-amount-on-pre-orders/ or do your own internet search for "Does Amazon charge for pre-orders?"
21:14
Thanks for waiting
I have shared this to higher management and they will surely look into this
R
21:15
Since I'm not going to get anywhere with this via chat, I will leave it to management to "look into". I'm sure they will look to give me my order from the first batch to become available, like I should have had today. They will want to restore my faith in Amazon...
21:18
I will make sure that this will not happen again in future
As an apology I would like to offer you little amount of 5 GBP for this hassle
I hope you will accept this
R
21:20
I would like to hope so, but since I've been messed about 3 times now, I won't hold my breath. I will accept your offer as a small gesture, but being without what I should have had delivered today means it is small compensation.
21:22
I can issue 7.99 Prime refund
Would that be acceptable ?
R
21:23
It would be more useful as credit than a Prime refund to be honest
21:25
Do you need promotional credit ?
R
21:26
That would be acceptable, thank you
21:26
Sure
Please allow me a minute
Total Promotion Value: £7.99
Promotional certificate has been issued.
R
21:27
Thank you. I hope I don't need to complain about order being cancelled in future. Goodnight.
21:28
Thank you for your kind understanding.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
R
That will be all, thank you
It's been a pleasure assisting you, thank you for being part of our Amazon family. I hope you stay safe and have a very wonderful week!

Sorry for the long message, but I think it's worth showing other members what they might go through to get anything out of Amazon - and even then it's not much! I wasn't after a few pounds credit, I want the order I was promised to get today. Looks like their CS people get their stock answers from an Amazon US book as they talk of fulfilment centers and it's Amazon US who still (AFAIK) don't charge for pre-orders.

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Just to add my 2p worth.

Thrustmaster TCA  due to be delivered today. then the following....

"We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order"

Needless to say, not impressed.

Does anyone know if this item is currently available..........anywhere?

Thanks

Al

18 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

and it's Amazon US who still (AFAIK) don't charge for pre-orders.

I don't know about Amazon US, but I frequently pre-order books from Amazon UK, and I've never been charged until the goods were dispatched. Nor have I been charged yet for my pre-order of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant, which was placed in June. And according to Amazon UK's pre-ordering help page:

"For items with a future release date, the Amazon.co.uk price may change between the time of order and the date the item is dispatched. We don't charge you until we dispatch an item; therefore, when you pre-order selected books, CDs, videos, DVDs, pieces of software or video games, you'll be charged the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time the order was placed and the item's release date."

7 hours ago, algy10 said:

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order"

This goes to show what a shambles Amazon's ordering system is. My order is still pending following the non-appearance of it yesterday. I've not (yet) received any notification that it's been cancelled. Track Package says: 

"Order received

We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

But I got your message for my Honeycomb Alpha order.🙄

1 hour ago, Muklum said:

I don't know about Amazon US, but I frequently pre-order books from Amazon UK, and I've never been charged until the goods were dispatched. Nor have I been charged yet for my pre-order of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant, which was placed in June. And according to Amazon UK's pre-ordering help page:

"For items with a future release date, the Amazon.co.uk price may change between the time of order and the date the item is dispatched. We don't charge you until we dispatch an item; therefore, when you pre-order selected books, CDs, videos, DVDs, pieces of software or video games, you'll be charged the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time the order was placed and the item's release date."

I've never pre-ordered books, but my Honeycomb Alpha order was charged for, 5 days after I placed it, in line with what other Amazon customers have experienced. If you made it through the  If entire chat I hat with them, you'll see I linked to one of many articles on the subject. If you haven't been charged for your Bravo after 5 days, it is even more proof of their inconsistent and shambolic system.

Incidentally, they are yet again accepting orders for the Alpha after twice cancelling mine as "no longer available".🤬

Price: £228.16 Delivery at no extra cost for Prime members
Temporarily out of stock.
We are working hard to be back in stock. Place your order and we’ll email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

😒

Edited by 109Sqn

Amazon still listing a product they said was no longer available.🙄

On a similar note, Amazon continue to make a mess of things. I placed an order for a few items on Tuesday, all available for a Wednesday delivery with Prime. They were marked as dispatched from my local fulfilment centre, 9 miles away, on Wednesday but by that evening they were 350 miles away for delivery today (Thursday) by DPD. A round trip of over 700 miles for something which started 9 miles from me! It should have been sent direct from the fulfilment centre as normal. What a ridiculous state of affairs.😡