Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

DC Designs Concorde Out On JustFlight

I knew it was coming, also for the other sim then.

Not sure if I should wait for some serious tests or get it right away.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Quoting the developer himself:

' (...) this rendition of the airplane is very much aimed at the casual / entertainment user, and not by any stretch a competitor to FSLabs excellent Concorde. It's more of an alternative for those who love the airplane, but had no other options but very old freeware or super-detailed study-level, and wanted something in between the two. (...)'

Full link: https://fselite.net/news/dc-design-concorde-released-for-fsx-p3d/

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While I appreciate that DC Design has finally made a Concorde for a 64-bit simulator platform, but the virtual cockpit looks outright ugly for today's quality standards - it looks almost worse than the SSTSIM Concorde for FS2004!

If the virtual cockpit is so bad, I can only imagine how the flight dynamics and system fidelity must be. For serious Concorde fans, there is no option except waiting for FS-Labs anyway...

Ok I'll bite... I bought this for p3d v5. Installs ok. And visuals are ok, but nothing to write home about. 

The GPS cannot be programmed in the cockpit, so you MUST, afaik, program the route prior to loading up the airplane.

It rains through the cockpit.

The HSI moves the ball in such a way that it becomes impossible to see if you are flying wings level during a climb at about 20 degrees. Cant remember back from my FSL days in fsx whether it was the ball or the bar that moved, but in any case whatever it did it did it in such a way that it was possible to fly properly in IFR conditions. This HSI from DCD does not.

The altitude knob is not possible to manipulate, so you cannot adjust your altitude.

No settings for the airplane ingame. Cannot set the aircraft to cold and dark startup by default as far as I can see from the manual. 

The manual, although it is nicely written, fails to explain how to properly use this addon. It states several times that "X system was really complicated in real life so we simplified it" but fails to provide a proper guide on what to do. Like how do I load fuel? Do i just plop an arbitrary amount of fuel in there? Manual doesnt say. 

After clicking the AP on it could fly heading mode, but the heading indicator did not turn properly with magnetic heading. I turned left, and the HI first turned right, stopped and thought about it for a moment, and THEN started to turn left. My final course was off by approx 30 degrees compared to my heading on the gps. 

After about 20 minutes my simulator crashed. Earlier today I had completed a 10 hours flight in the PMDG 744 from eddf to ksea without a problem. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Thank you Andreas for doing this test and getting the addon.

Karl

• Like 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

It would be interesting to hear what Ray Proudfoot's opinion is. From previous posts he is a great fan of the Concorde.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Where is Ray in this thread ?

He is the Concorde pilot here 🛫 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

No real interest in this offering, sorry chaps. But happy to give advice on how to fly her on the Heathrow-JFK route.

You'll need 95T of fuel for 100 pax and hopefully the CG of 53% will be between the two limit markers. Full power + reheats for take-off. Rotate around 190kts and pitch up to 13 degrees. Adjust pitch as required to maintain 250kts.

Kill reheats after 1m 20s and pitch down to maintain 250kts. Slowly increase throttles to full power (they need retarding to around 94% when reheats are switched off). Visor and nose up before 270kts is reached. Climb to FL280 and 395kts (Mach 0.95) by the time you're south of Cardiff.

If you've got that far well done. Further instructions to follow if required.

• Like 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

@Ray Proudfoot I really thought you were going to buy this bird!.. any reason why you are skipping it?

S.

Waiting for the FS Labs one. They've "unpaused" development but haven't said which sim they're developing for. Frustrating. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Waiting for the FS Labs one. They've "unpaused" development but haven't said which sim they're developing for. Frustrating. 🙄

Must be for P3D m8.. the MSFS SDK and streaming nature would not be very suitable for a Concord!

S.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Must be for P3D m8.. the MSFS SDK and streaming nature would not be very suitable for a Concord!

S.

I agree but they have the complication of only doing one 64-bit Concorde so need to produce it for the most popular platform. Bit tricky when the MFS SDK is still far from complete.

I wonder what download speed you'd need to stream scenery at Mach 2 / FL500? There will always be people who fly her over populated areas supersonically. That's 23 miles a minute! As soon as it's been rendered you've passed it! 😁

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather