Sign in to follow this  
swissdani

Randon PAs and double callouts

When I fly in cargo aircraft I can still hear some PAs beeing made. But they are very low in volume (much lower than the normal Pax PAs) and not understandable. Any ideas were they might come from?

I also hear double callouts like 2500. One is from the aircraft itself, this is know, but for the second one I have no idea. RAAS is completly switched off. Happens only in the 747. Any ideas?

Will try to record it for you. One of the PA just starts after releasing the parking brakes, so exactly the same time the "normal PA" in the pax aircraft starts as well.

Never say never, but I wouldn't know which other programme may be responsible for it.

Another question, with the Freighter all 3 Packs are switched off, however I still need to say 2,3 off to advance. Only off does not work?

The FO does that, not me. 

I recorded a video of my landing last night, very odd thing is that the "extra callouts" can be heard while flying but not on the recording. This gets spooky.

8 minutes ago, swissdani said:

May it has something to do with flying a freighter? Any setup/config that I may have missed?

Do you have the very latest version of FS2Crew running?

Do you have OPS: Freight / Military selected on the FS2Crew Secondary Panel?

I recall it's under Setup.

Even a video with your phone would be helpful.

There are multiple programs out there that add sound to the sim... it could be our sounds... it could be someone else's...  I'd have to see it to identify it.

Cheers,

The only option saw is Surpress FA in Pax airplane, will check again when back at my flight sim computer if I can choose freighter somewhere. Can't recall to see that option out of my head.

38 minutes ago, swissdani said:

The only option saw is Surpress FA in Pax airplane, will check again when back at my flight sim computer if I can choose freighter somewhere. Can't recall to see that option out of my head.

The option is there for all models... look for "OPS: Freight/Military".

And regarding the all 3 packs beeing off, on page 15 in the SOP2 tutorial it actually says that if cargo all 3 packs will be off. But only the sentence 2 and 3 off will trigger the checklist. Can you have a look into this as well?

My bad... that option is in the NGX version only.

I really need a video with your phone to be able to identify sounds.  I still think those PAs are coming from a different program because you said their volume very low.

For for Packs, which exact model of the 747 are you using so I can try to reproduce it.

Cheers,