Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

X-Plane Official Feature Requests & Suggestion Board

4 hours ago, egguzman said:

I just purchase X-Plane 11 on the Halloween Steam sale.   What the hell was I missing?....X-plane-11 is not bad at all! especially the Zibo mod.   Since this is all new to me I'm like a kid in a candy store looking for freeware at Xp.org and boy there's a lot of nice freeware to choose from!....I'm in Flight Sim heaven now! 

If you are running 11.5 on vulcan be aware some older add ons may have issues.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

That is a valid warning - it MOSTLY pertains to plugins or add-ons that run their own plugins (some aircraft, some scenery). It is prudent to check the description by the author, often they specify Vulkan/Metal compatibility... I would wholeheartedly recommend to steer away from anything that changes the way that X-Plane "looks" (different colours, lights, etc.) - these are often problematic.

Scenery in general is not affected. Aircraft not only suffer from possible Vulkan incompatibility, you also want to check if they are supposed to be flown with the "standard" flight model (pre 11.40) or the "experimental" flight model... there is a checkbox in your settings to determine which one you want to run. The difference is minute, but noticeable. In general the "experimental" flight model is more refined and you want to run it as a standard, I would say.

Feel free to ask if you can´t figure something out, it´s a complex and powerful program and not every sophisticated feature is obvious.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Janov said:

In general the "experimental" flight model is more refined and you want to run it as a standard, I would say.

With a performance hit and cpu numbers go a bit higher, at least on my system although expected for a beta feature.

12 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Thanks for the warning!, I'll be aware of that.  Thanks for the info!, much appreciated.