Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

X-Plane Official Feature Requests & Suggestion Board

All that I can see in the Steam charts is that there was a lot of interest in flight simming during the March - April lock down.

After the release of MSFS there is a drop, but that is because people are curious and will check out the new kid in town.

No one can tell what the future brings, some will be disapointed by MSFS, some will stay there. X-Plane might attract new followers with v12, but with v11.50 it will be difficult to atract new sales.

So both camps are right. Discussion closed please?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, soaring_penguin said:

Discussion closed please?

Never! 😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

All that I can see in the Steam charts is that there was a lot of interest in flight simming during the March - April lock down.

After the release of MSFS there is a drop, but that is because people are curious and will check out the new kid in town.

No one can tell what the future brings, some will be disapointed by MSFS, some will stay there. X-Plane might attract new followers with v12, but with v11.50 it will be difficult to atract new sales.

pretty much.

2 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

Discussion closed please?

do feel free to not go into so much detail about a mostly unrelated side issue to the topic in hand, which is Laminars call for feature requests for a truly next gen sim whose name isnt even known for sure yet, but is widely believed to be called X-Plane 12.

i.e. less steam more

https://developer.x-plane.com/2016/10/developer-blooper-reel-water-world/

please.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

For me it's pretty simple... MFS is that blonde in tight dress, that even me who don't feel particularly attracted by blondes can't avoid following with my eyes for a while...

X-Plane is the seasoned brunette, with all of the technical peculiarities that make a guy really happy when up for serious party time...

I can't usually stand more than one at the same time, so, it'll be a sinuous route from xp12 announcement on... with the updates coming to MFS too at the pace ASOBO is making us adapt to... 

Great times ahead, and I should also add Aerofly FS 3 (?) because I really can't forget the sensation of flight it gives me...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 hours ago, Greazer said:
  1. Sadly XP user base has shrunk by 50% since mid April.

2. The numbers will only get worse as further MSFS patches are released and advanced aircraft addons become available.

3. XP 12 is a long way off and MSFS graphics will push it out way further.

4. Laminar may be forced into cost cutting and sadly downsize the business.

5. Or worse, XP 11.50 may be the final version ever.

1. Yes, but if you count the average numbers from the beginning, you will find an average value of 1037,8 players and a peak average value of 1717,4. That means in last month there were 23,8% more players than on average. April is a senseless point, because if you look on the numbers before April 2020, you can see the number declined to 1100. So what`s the point? I personally don`t care about numbers, but you (Greazer and Flyby) are obviously very much wrong and still insist on it. Iit`s not the topic in here. The topic is called Feature Request & Suggestion Board. You violate the thread repeadetly.

Number 2-5 are off-topic, but thankfully god has sent to us prophets like you that can foresee LR will be forced to cust cutting and X-Plane 12 will fail to come to the market.

If they will make an Arcade mode in X-Plane, they might get a bigger market share but they will destroy the soul the sim. "MSFS will push it away further." Who cares what MSFS is doing? The topic is called Feature Requests and Suggestion Board and not as you and Flyby do repeadetly, how X-Plane will die against MSFS.

You don`t realize that if X-Planes disappears from the market, many will remember X-Plane for years. Your suggestions are personally for me as relevant as a corn on a black hole.

Edited by BigDee
  • Upvote 4

Someone needs to lock this thread as it has taken a turn in the wrong direction.

Don't understand why some of you keep throwing wood at the fire, the best way to freeze a troll is jus to ignore them.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

But it's a shame that always have to close threads on the Xplane forum because of the usual bitter trolls.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

Someone needs to lock this thread as it has taken a turn in the wrong direction.

Don't understand why some of you keep throwing wood at the fire, the best way to freeze a troll is jus to ignore them.

It's a shame to lock it as it's an interesting topic with more to discuss about the points in the feature requests, however as per usual the same users are causing problems and if it continues then those users will likely be taking a vacation from Avsim (which may give them some more time to actually enjoy their new sim)

I'd suggest getting acquainted with the forum's ignore button, you'll never know they've posted and hence won't feel the urge to respond to posts and throw more fuel on the fire.

I've hidden a pile of off-topic posts so please can we get back on topic.

• Upvote 4

I would like to see the great night glowing effects and rain-effects (Zibo) in X-Plane 12 already built-in. It would be great if there would be sliders to adjust those setting to create a cinematic effect for exmpl. on replays. Adjustable Depth of Field with lens settings is also a must for great visuals.

I defenately think X-Plane 12 will have some great bump mapping, ambient occlusion and shading. I really hope they will retain the photorealistic imagenery and colors, because all new games have way too colorfull graphics and textures. The ortho modified X-Plane 11 versions have already stunning graphics.

01.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Now this is already truly amazing:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, mSparks said:

so my feature request - stop wasting time on windows. Semi serious.

For extra fun, Microsoft might make this a feature of xplane first... Even Satya Nadella is coming to the conclusion windows is a waste of time.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/3/20896908/microsoft-windows-satya-nadella-importance-apps-services-android

and

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

When I said discussion closed please, I meant the senseless comparision between MSFS, X-Plane and the demise of X-Plane.

Back on topic: 

For me, flying is done up there, in a living atmosphere. To me, air mass should be everything but stable.

-> thermals need to be realistic, with a downward border, and strong center and slope with the wind. Icing on the cake would be if they originate realistic, fields, mountain slopes, topped with a nice cloud ... .

-> clouds: these are the product of atmospheric conditions: pressure, dew, temperature. We shouldn't rely on the weather stations for the coverage, but on these parameters. If they are correct, the cloud coverage will also be.

-> wind: wind is the product of high and low pressure, and turns around them

If above can be implemented, and it has already been in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3, there will not be sudden weather changes anymore. Another failure for many.

And last: depiction of the weather: please overhaul these cotton blobs we see now. This might be realistic in some conditions, but everybody remembers the nice summer evenings with well lined cumulus, or those majestic CBs.
    I think if most people are attracted to MSFS visually, is because they deliver on this front.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

please overhaul these cotton blobs we see now

I think the top three are going to be absolute essentials tbh, and "now is the time" to actually do them:

Improved atmosphere and lighting model

I would love to see an improved/new/revamped atmosphere and lighting engine/model implemented in X-Plane along with improved weather simulation especially clouds (e.g. towering cumulonimbus and overcast with unlimited distance) precipitation.

Volumetric Clouds

Will be nice to see volumetric clouds being natively integrated into a new dynamic weather system by X-Plane. Other sims have managed to do it out of the box and I guess LR could pull this as well 🙂

Dynamic weather

Smooth transitions between weather systems; no more abrupt, visible shifts.

They are also all the things that would make people actually pay money to go from 11 to 12.

Surprised grass and foliage is so far down the list.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

Well to be honest, grass doesn't need to be on the wishlist either. It's not a big feature, other sims (such as DCS, Il2 Sturmovik) implemented long ago.

I agree that lighting and clouds are the most game changing features visually for XP12, i hope they won't forget about the horrible water.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Sad to see this reply from Laminar, hopefully I'm reading it the wrong way

https://feedback.x-plane.com/posts/510/inherit-3rd-party-achievements

DECLINEDThomson?size=50 Thomson

We do not currently plan to integrate any add-ons into the default version of X-Plane.

Integrating or cooperating with a third party would be one of the major improvements going forward (imho) 

26 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Well to be honest, grass doesn't need to be on the wishlist either. It's not a big feature, other sims (such as DCS, Il2 Sturmovik) implemented long ago.

I agree that lighting and clouds are the most game changing features visually for XP12, i hope they won't forget about the horrible water.

disagree.

Its a huge feature for low level flight that I only know of one other sim that has done it well.

il2 comes close to I guess, switching to fully animated and reactive procedural greenery rather than leaving it as it is now - or even switching to 3d models would completely change the ambiance of the virtual world for the better.

Id even put that before clouds, since EC already goes a long way to filling the cloud void, especially once the dew point stuff goes in, but new foliage is never coming to xp11.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer