Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Ummm, what happened to the Phil Taylor thread??

Guest FxF3

Thanks Manny for reposting that. It did have a claiming effect on the board. To now that Aces was still working on improving FSX.

All very interresting, and nice to read the google cache, http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:Z-p3t...nl&ct=clnk&cd=1Some thoughts of me, still reluctant to buy it, my humble PC will not give a flyable expirience are:- Can the Aces team install FSX on Bill Gates PC and let him fly for 10 minutes and tell us what he thinks? Or on Steve's? One of them does know reality..- What does Aces members nephews think of it? besides the wow factor?and bla bla.. one can dream up a lot of these questions.But.. if MS puts a 747 in it, then it needs to be able to land at KJFK, playable on an tad more than average computer.Otherwise, if the fps hit is too much, dont include it.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

Guest tmilton

Wow, just how does a massive 25 page thread vanish into thin air like that? :-spacecraft That thread was one of the most valuable that I have ever read here. Phil's and Tdragger's input held a wealth of information, and it would be great loss if it somehow the thread was not recovered.

Guest CocoLoco

Unless one of the mods deleted it (which I doubt), I suspect the forum software / database tripped over some internal limit. Does anyone know if bigger threads than that have survived - it was definitely getting very large before its untimely demise.

Yesterday morning around 0900 Eastern I was something to the effect of cannot connect to database, make sure all database parameters are correct in dcsetup.php.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest saudi_777

Probably an error in the forum system caused the thread to disappear, which might have something to do with the fact that the thread had one of the largest number of replies in one thread in the Avsim Forums that I've ever seen.In any case, I didn't delete it.Regards,

>Probably an error in the forum system caused the thread to>disappear, which might have something to do with the fact that>the thread had one of the largest number of replies in one>thread in the Avsim Forums that I've ever seen.>>In any case, I didn't delete it.>>Regards,Thanks for letting us know that you didn't delete it, but more importantly, the question we are concerned with is can you restore it? Thanks.

Guest juan_v

Bill's lawyers have a printed copy, ask then to send you a copy....:-violin

Guest saudi_777

I honestly have no idea as to whether or not we could restore it, but Tom and Ken might have an idea.Regards,

Guest Minimax

Here it is (found in German FS Magazin Forum):Hi, Let me introduce myself. I am Phil Taylor and I am Senior PM for Graphics and Terrain in Aces Studio. I joined Aces during the end-game of FSX and am now involved in all the studio projects moving forward.I am seeing a lot of threads and a lot of thrashing on this forum, and I thought I would try to address some of the discussions and draw a line in the sand. One big topic of discussion is performance (FPS) and DX10.DX10 by itself isn

Guest OneTinSoldier

I've seen threads longer than Phil's. I think the record holder was probably a thread started by Geofa long ago. I can't remember how many pages it was, but I think it was around 42. Geofa will probably remember it!Cheers,Jim

>>Unless one of the mods deleted it (which I doubt), I suspect>the forum software / database tripped over some internal>limit. Does anyone know if bigger threads than that have>survived - it was definitely getting very large before its>untimely demise.I don't really think it was the size. As far as I know, I wasone of the last that posted a comment to that thread. #206 if I remember right. And no, my comments were not negative or anything. But...I also posted to another smaller thread about"7cm textures" that one had posted. It's gone too, and it waspretty small. Just a few posts that I saw. So I'm not so sureabout the size being the problem. No, I did not nuke the boardthat morning...:/ I thought maybe someone didn't like my commentspossibly, but like I say, I haven't said anything negative.I'm one of the ones not having much trouble with FSX..Well, I'm having a little problem, but not sure I can blame it on FSX yet. It may be my overclocked box acting up. I've flown a couple of long flights on the 747 from EU to the US.When on the last legs of the flight over the US, the sim hasbombed out, and the puter reboots itself. I'm doing a test nowto see if I can get it to do it a third time.. It might be my box.. Not sure.. The "error" I get when it reboots looks moreXP oriented than FSX.. MK