Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

DC Designs Concorde..out now for FSX and P3D

https://www.justflight.com/product/dc-designs-concorde

Roll on payday, unless someone has "taken one for the team" already?

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks, Rob! 🍻

@Beardyman (great avatar pic BTW!) I hear you, but seeing as there is an undertow of thinking that FSX and P3D are dead sims, then I for one will pay due consideration to a product designed for those "dead" sims and offered to the present day market, in light of there not being any alternatives (apart from not having any product at all).

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

40 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

FSL confirmed that they will continue their Concorde 

Yes, but unfortunately although not unexpectedly, it won't be for 32-bit platforms. So the DC Designs Concorde will almost certainly be the only option for those of us still flying on 'dead' sims who want to experience this iconic airliner.

Although I don't have any experience of other aircraft from DC Designs, I don't anticipate this version will be in any way comparable from a systems viewpoint to a Concorde from FSL. Hopefully however it will be immersive enough to maintain my interest for a while so I am planning to give it a go in FSX anyway!

Bill

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Although I don't have any experience of other aircraft from DC Designs, I don't anticipate this version will be in any way comparable from a systems viewpoint to a Concorde from FSL.

The Developer of DC Designs stuff said that he started making stuff because nobody was making what he wanted, which was essentially 'fun stuff you can jump in, but not overly simplistic, yet able to get decent frame rates'.

I think he manages that well with his first release, which was the F/A-18 Superhornet for FSX/P3D. That one flies really well, not least because the developer did have a genuine jet fighter pilot help him with the flight modeling, so it has accurate roll rates and all that kind of thing. It's no study sim by any stretch of the imagination in terms of systems, but the fact that it works with payware carriers to allow you to find them on its TACAN makes it fun for messing around with carrier landings, so it strikes a good balance between fun and usability for semi-serious stuff. anyone who wants a serious one can pay more and get one for DCS or go for the VRS one. so there is some choice in that regard, especially given that FSX has an earlier F/A-18 variant as a default aeroplane.

Whether that somewhat simplified 'jump in and go' treatment is what P3D users will want out of a Concorde is another matter, but if you have to have a Concorde for FSX or P3D, now at least you can do so because I suspect that FSL one will be a while coming, and as I understand it, this DC Designs version isn't completely bereft of some of Concorde's operating nuances.

If nothing else, it will allow users to laugh at people who are claiming FSX and P3D are dead platforms with a quick 'okay, where's your brand-new Concorde then?' 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Rob,

What Nvidia driver are you using?

Do you use a driver "cleaner" prior to install of new Nvidia driver, if so, what is it?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

29 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sorry, but they'll still laugh at it ... especially the VC.

Yeah, to be honest, the cockpit screenshots I've seen didn't exactly blow my socks off.

Alan Bradbury

Ok then, so next in queue is Aeroplane Heaven.

Surely visually will be superior to DC, how deep they will go with systems - time will tell.

Artur 

Thanks Rob............appreciate the tips.

I will see what is configured on my system.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Ok then, so next in queue is Aeroplane Heaven.

Surely visually will be superior to DC, how deep they will go with systems - time will tell.

Aeroplane Heaven is usually pretty good with making Brit airliners, having made a lot of the Just Flight ones in the past, and French ones too since they are making a Caravelle, but, on the other side of the coin, Concorde ain't no ordinary airliner. So I guess we're just going to have to wait and see.

Alan Bradbury

Glad that it's growing on folks 🙂

My products are always designed not just to run well, but to run well on older PCs. I develop purposefully on a system based around a GTX1080, so I know that if my airplanes run well on my system, they'll run well on most others. Around half of all the sim users I've spoken to have PCs that are four years old or more - I hugely admire the top-level, 1 million polygon models as much as the next guy, but on an older system, with heavy weather, AI and over a large ORBX city, it's not so much fun for many.

Like my other aircraft, Concorde is designed to be just right for the largest part of the market - casual users, with PCs around 2-4 years old. We've included all of Concorde's unique systems ( CoG control via fuel pumps, detailed flight model etc ) but have also simplified things as much as possible so that anybody, should they choose to, can enjoy flying Concorde as long as they read the manual first (!).

I know that it won't be up to scratch for die-hard study-level fans, and I do get some flak from users in that quarter from time to time, but generally the user base seem to really like my aircraft so I'm going to keep on keeping on. It should also be noted that it's much easier to increase detail in a model than it is to decrease it, and Concorde will be getting a huge makeover for MSFS when the time comes.

Anyway, I hope that those who do take the plunge enjoy Concorde until FSLabs are able to bring their awesome Concorde to the marketplace ( or Aeroplane Heaven for that matter ). An update is due next week with some bug fixes, improved PBR and a few other bells and whistles.

Cheers,

Dean, DC Designs

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1