Sign in to follow this  
HPG

Howdy from KTPA!

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a blessed day as you read this.

My name is Steve and I'm a good ole Florida boy that moved back to KTPA from KBWI as fast as I could many moons ago. I'm looking forward to learning from all of the experts here on the forums and hopefully participate in a few community fly events. The community that Tom Allensworth built here is incredible and I'm happy to finally go from a lurker to a member, you might even catch me respond to a topic one day if I don't feel so vastly unknowledgeable compared to others here!

See ya in the skies, or over on my Youtube Channel!

Edited by charliearon
Sorry no youtube channel links

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

Welcome to the forums!  I was puzzled by your other post about Rex weather.  Don't know what you were going for?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Welcome to AVSIM, Steve!

Is that you in your avatar pic? Love the t-shirt! Never had any of their coffee, but love their adverts! :biggrin: I'm just used to Nescafe instant over here in the UK and don't have a percolator. :blink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I'm just used to Nescafe instant over here in the UK and don't have a percolator. :blink:

Nescafe??  Is that even real coffee?  Percolator???? Is this 1950?  My brother-in-law's mother used a stovetop percolator to brew her sludge in the morning.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK so...how do you 'muricans make a cup of coffee these days? Banter aside, I am now genuinely curious! 

Nescafe is a real... instant coffee (it exists in the real world and the container says it's coffee!) :unsure:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I use Melitta Drip method.  Filter goes in then several scoops of coffee and then pour in hot water and let 'er drip!

P.S. @PharaohSteve   I fixed your Rex Weather review video so now it shows!

download.jpeg

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes, me and my little one in the photo - I love Black Rifle Coffee, very strong and a great smell (that matters!).

They support veterans, and as @HighBypass noted they have a great sense of humor, and the shirts are comfy too 😉 

• Like 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

Welcome to Avsim!  Experts?  Definitely not looking in my direction when using that word. 😜

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Ah! I was mistakenly using the term percolator to include the filter coffee drip method! Further confused by a machine with a coffee pot, filter with coffee in it and a separate water reservoir which boils and then drips through the filter coffee just the once, thus saving you  having to pour the boiling water into the filter cone yourself.. :wacko:

Cheers! 🍻

EDIT - Did I post this already and did it get deleted? Mods: no harm if it did as far as I'm concerned, just curious if I'm going senile... much :biggrin:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson