Sign in to follow this  
GMFM

GNS530W in the RealAir Duke Piston v2 (resolved)

I have managed to download and apparently installed this software successfully, but nothing works. 😓

No short cuts, the RA Configurator is greyed out and the PC simulator fails to turn on and, there are no logs in "Documents". 😫

As I am no expert, I am requesting some one that has gone through this experience, to lend me a hand.  Don't ask me to read the manual; I have already but don't get it.😩

I am running W10 (latest updates), FSX:SE, 32GB Ram, 1TB NVMe SSD in which I installed F1GTN750 for the Duke Turbo v2 (working OK).

I am now trying to install the RXP GNS530W into the Duke B60 v2 (piston), which for some reason has acquired the F1GTN750.  I suspect it shouldn't be there 🙄

Thank you for the help.

2 hours ago, GMFM said:

I have managed to download and apparently installed this software successfully, but nothing works. 😓

No short cuts, the RA Configurator is greyed out and the PC simulator fails to turn on and, there are no logs in "Documents". 😫

As I am no expert, I am requesting some one that has gone through this experience, to lend me a hand.  Don't ask me to read the manual; I have already but don't get it.😩

I am running W10 (latest updates), FSX:SE, 32GB Ram, 1TB NVMe SSD in which I installed F1GTN750 for the Duke Turbo v2 (working OK).

I am now trying to install the RXP GNS530W into the Duke B60 v2 (piston), which for some reason has acquired the F1GTN750.  I suspect it shouldn't be there 🙄

Thank you for the help.

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you a panel folder that will install the RXP GPS500.

• Like 1

Bert

Hi Bert,

Very grateful for all of your assistance but the truth is I did not buy this product only to find that it does not work and instead I need to fiddle around multiple files and install an equivalent. Don't get me wrong, I am aware that the radios are on the side if working with the GNS500.  But, I purchased the GNS530 and expect it to work.

Can you or someone from Reality-XP guide me through the refund process?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 hour ago, GMFM said:

Hi Bert,

Very grateful for all of your assistance but the truth is I did not buy this product only to find that it does not work and instead I need to fiddle around multiple files and install an equivalent. Don't get me wrong, I am aware that the radios are on the side if working with the GNS500.  But, I purchased the GNS530 and expect it to work.

Can you or someone from Reality-XP guide me through the refund process?

Thank you for your assistance.

I understand your frustration, but you are identifying the wrong party..

It is the RealAir B60 Duke that does not work, or at least its configurator.

As you probably know, RealAir has been out of business for quite some time, and some of us (users) are doing what we can to keep their airplanes alive.

The RXP GNS530 works just fine.. just try adding it to an a2a plane for example.

• Like 1

Bert

I've tried one more time to go back to FSX, and may actually have the new RXP GNS530 working in the (old..) B60.

Sent you something to try.

If others are having trouble getting the RealAir panel configurator to work with the current RXP GNS in FSX, try this:

1. Open the FSX \ Gauges folder

2. Make a copy of the rxpGNS2.dll file and name it rxpGNS.dll, so that you have both rxpGNS and rxpGNS2 dll files in the Gauges folder.

3. Try running the panel configurator again 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I've tried one more time to go back to FSX, and may actually have the new RXP GNS530 working in the (old..) B60.

Sent you something to try.

If others are having trouble getting the RealAir panel configurator to work with the current RXP GNS in FSX, try this:

1. Open the FSX \ Gauges folder

2. Make a copy of the rxpGNS2.dll file and name it rxpGNS.dll, so that you have both rxpGNS and rxpGNS2 dll files in the Gauges folder.

3. Try running the panel configurator again 🙂

I have a 530/430 working in the Duke v2 in FSX-SE if he needs further help.  

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

I have a 530/430 working in the Duke v2 in FSX-SE if he needs further help.  

Yes, please..  I am out of ideas, and he is getting the same shadow window over the gns530 that I got in p3d..

Bert

On 10/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, GMFM said:

I am another member like Bert.  Perhaps I can help. Understand that integration of a 3rd party gauge into a 3rd party aircraft is in many cases a user defined exercise.  Not all aircraft developers write to the same standard, and some have developed aircraft models prior to the emergence of new and improved avionics and are no longer refining those aircraft models.  It is what it is.  But the reward of getting them working together is well worth the effort.

I am using FSX SE in this screen capture. However prior to August 1st I had the same panel working in FSX.  In fact I merely copied over the needed files to FSX SE  from my old hard drive.  I did not find a need to use the Duke panel configurator.

Please send me a private message through the messaging system here at Avsim.  Provide me with a good email address and I will share with you what has worked for me.  By all means perform steps 1 & 2 in Bert's most recent response to you.  The Duke needs to be somewhat fooled into using the Reality XP GNS version 2.  It has only been told by the Duke's developers to use the earlier Reality XP legacy GNS.

image.png.ee151420543d5549bafc60074e33a8d2.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere