Sign in to follow this  
Guest killerwatt

Thanks greengriffon Performance Increase FSX: World of ...

Len,Nice to see you're making a bit more progress towards enjoying FSX.I replied to a couple of your threads with a few more very minor tweaks that may increase your FPS values even more. Have you tried these? Do they help?JerryGhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=368704&page=Len -I posted this in another thread on this forum. Did you make thechanges to the fsx.cfg I mentioned? Does it help some?JerryGhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=367645&page=Hi Len,I noticed you stated -Added the following to fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500Added to fsxcfg:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33-----I don't recall my actual values (not near my FSX PC at the moment), butyou might try these:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=600TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=300Also, the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33 is the default value. I think ACES indicated you should reduce this to a lower level (you will get higher FPS values, but possibly blurries in the far distance). I've tried a few different values, but you could try this:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.20Some have posted reducing this all the way toFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.001While that can work, in my case, the 7cm textures were a bit blurry directly below my plane, but the FPS shot up - WAY up!Jerry G.

Guest Len

Thanks Jerry. I'm going to leave the autogen at FSX level. Basically because as implemented you can use either full autogen/very dense/dense for bush flying and it's beautiful. Of course in towns and cities it's a huge hit. However, as the pic can be seen below FSX can look very good without it over cities:That's 18.1 fps there with water at low 2.x:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/kseafsx2.jpgInsofar as the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION...thanks for that. I'm going to give it another go at your level and see what happens.

I do not think Autogen is the BIGGEST single frame rate killer in cities in FSX.Rather, I think the default.xml file is the culprit.Renaming default.xml to default.xml.stock, will result in huge improvements in fps in cities, but the visual drawback is not good (no xml objects).RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Could you tell me what .xml are please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

xml = eXtensible Markup Language.It's what Microsoft uses to define the various scenery objects in the sim, in this case, objects such as factories, restaurants, gas stations, etc.The default.xml file is located in AutogenLike I said, rename it to default.xml.stock and then go fly the sim in a big city. It won't look good, but it sure will fly great.Rename it back to default.xml, and your performance will be degraded tremendously near big cities.That's why I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with the default.xml file, or if it's just a matter of too little memory, or not enough cpu.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks for that explanation Rhett, appreciated.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest davaz

>L. Adamson: I have FSGenesis USA and the performance>difference was negligeable. I also have Ultimate Terrain for>FS9 and they just came out with a utility to port over to FSX.>I uninstalled my FSGenesis and ported the UT - In a word WOW!>Better frames rates by a little, but the pauses and stutters>have all but gone away, even in and around KPDX. This was a>major downer for me with FSX as I live and fly in this region>99 percent of the time. I was about to let FSX just sit on the>drive until some future miracle cure could be found. Now, the>UT landclass has changed my opinion completely. It looks like>my FS9 but with the more real-life flight depiction of FSX it>is a real winner! FINALLY!Dave -- saw your note re UT port to FSX. Went to all UT sites and could find nothing re this utility ... could you point me in the right direction?RegardsDAve

Guest killerwatt

>Dave -- saw your note re UT port to FSX. Went to all UT sites>and could find nothing re this utility ... could you point me>in the right direction?>>Regards>DAveHere you go. Documentationwww.scenerysolutions.com/Download/UTFsxConv.pdfIndividual conversion applicationswww.scenerysolutions.com/Download/UtUsaPort.exewww.scenerysolutions.com/Download/UtCanPort.exewww.scenerysolutions.com/Download/UtEurPort.exe