Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

REX issue.. (video)

I’m opening this thread for 2 reasons:

1-. The other Rex thread was closed

2-. To people like me who was unsure of the performance of this product.. Here is a video..

So this is something it might happen to you..
I was very curious about the transition of the weather stations with Rex I guess I found the answer..

Edited by SUNDR1V3R
  • Like 1

REX know about this particular issue and they are looking into fixing it. This video was posted in the closed thread you referred to.

I used it about half an hour ago and never saw this happening.

If we can stay civil and not resort to name calling. we will keep it open. Voice your opinions pro and con but if it gets out of hand again it will be closed.

To be perfectly clear - if you like it and say it fine, if you don't like it and say it fine. BUT if you keep saying it - closed and you will take some time off.

Thanx,

Vic

• Like 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

If we can stay civil and not resort to name calling. we will keep it open. Voice your opinions pro and con but if it gets out of hand again it will be closed.

To be perfectly clear - if you like it and say it fine, if you don't like it and say it fine. BUT if you keep saying it - closed and you will take some time off.

Thanx,

Vic

Honestly you can close it I just want to aware more simmers who might be interested in REX that this might happen..

I didn’t know this video was in the other thread because all of the hate in there was hard to find it..

48 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Thanx,

Vic

It's sad Vic that here we are in 2020 and ppl still can`t be civil. I miss Tom and his ban hammer. He would have not put up with 1/4 of the abuse that is prevalent today, Especially directed towards developers. 

Cheers 

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

I’m opening this thread for 2 reasons:

1-. The other Rex thread was closed

2-. To people like me who was unsure of the performance of this product.. Here is a video..

So this is something it might happen to you..
I was very curious about the transition of the weather stations with Rex I guess I found the answer..

This video was posted in the other thread 4 times and was explained, each time it was posted, that it is being worked on this issue.

In addition, if you are experiencing yourself, please contact support.

Thanks 

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

I've completed several flights with Rex Weather Force and have never seen this issue. The problem has bugs, for sure, but that behavior I haven't observed- 

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've completed several flights with Rex Weather Force and have never seen this issue. The problem has bugs, for sure, but that behavior I haven't observed- 

In reference to my Original post when i made this video, It was to highlight how REX behaves when weather stations were spread apart and how REX interpolates the data and applies it to fill the gaps. As far as i am aware this happens on every 10 min refresh that i`ve set it too with smooth update on the sliders. And i see it everytime i fly with large gaps between stations. If it's been marked as a bug this was not my intention initially. If you are under the cloud layer doing VFR slow and low you don't see this.

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Im just not seeing any issues with Weather Force - what I do notice is where have the waves gone to - seems Asobo dumbed it down I have to manually go into add winds get same sort of wave action otherwise just a sheet of glass 😞

That said you cant do that running weather force or it will stop the Weather Force injection 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, fs1 said:

This video was posted in the other thread 4 times and was explained, each time it was posted, that it is being worked on this issue.

In addition, if you are experiencing yourself, please contact support.

Thanks 

Let me ask my question again from the other thread, that hasn't been answered there:

Are there any videos that show how the smooth transitions between weather systems are supposed to look when they work correctly?

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Are you flying at high altitude like this?

The reason this likely occurs is due to the METAR switching between stations.  MSFS automatically "smooths" the layer so it fades in like this, however this will likely occur when flying between areas of less cloud cover to areas with higher cloud cover.

This is because the METAR is a global effect, not a local one.  REX can correct me if I'm wrong.

@rstough or any other REX Member of the Board:

• Does ASOBO/MSFS support your Addon or do they not recommend because the would like to keep these kind of functionallity within the core engine of the sim (MeteoBlue)?
  • Can we expect your Addon to work with MSFS for at least 6 months or longer? Or is there a chance MSFS/Asobo are locking the "used way" of your addon so that it will become unusable?

Thanks for answering out of 1.Hand!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

@mpo910 Dude, seriously, you asked the exact same question multiple times in the other thread. Let it gol.

The "questions" you asked answer themselves: 1. How would REX know? 2. How would REX know?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

Are you flying at high altitude like this?

In MSFS I fly between 28,000 and 35,000 feet.

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

@mpo910 Dude, seriously, you asked the exact same question multiple times in the other thread. Let it gol.

The "questions" you asked answer themselves: 1. How would REX know? 2. How would REX know?

Thread got locked and took away from the "board". I got my reason:

• Federico, from REX, stated he would come back on it after he talked to the managing board about this.
  • Before I buy this addon I would like to know if it is supported for at least 6 months or not. I think that is a reasonable question as there are some rumors about this. I would like to give REX the possibillity to answer this transparent for all to help this out of the world.

You should mind your words too......."Dude" is not quite respectfull.

Thanks.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png