Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Sim slows down after a few flights.

Seems like my first 2 or 3 flights are very smooth with high FPS.  Then I'll start a 3rd or 4th flight and the FPS drops significantly and going back into the menu even takes a while.  I've been rebooting MSFS when this occurs anyone else notice this and is there a fix?

How much Ram do you have? maybe you are using swap file instead of ram.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Personally i've just got into the habit of restarting the sim after a two short flights or one medium to long flight. Using the fast start command and the improvements made to loading times in the last patch, it isn't as much of a chore now. Gives me time to make a cuppa as well or plan the next flight.

4 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Seems like my first 2 or 3 flights are very smooth with high FPS.  Then I'll start a 3rd or 4th flight and the FPS drops significantly and going back into the menu even takes a while.  I've been rebooting MSFS when this occurs anyone else notice this and is there a fix?

This behaviour is kind of haunting, and almost impossible to trace. I am restarting the sim after about 2 flights and call it a day.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Hi All

I usually fly with live traffic but because live traffic isnt working the last few days I decided to use the ai traffic off line mode. I started off with my normal fps at 60 as I flew for about 3 hrs I noticed that my fps external view fps slowly lowered to 20 with internal views down to about 10 fps. I also noticed that my cpu instead of running at about 30% was running at 20% and my gpu was down from 60% to about 30%. I then turned off the offline ai traffic and instantly my system went back to normal values. So is there a memory leak with the off line mode of ai traffic? I know i wont be using this mode anymore until this is fixed. It actually caused a ctd on another flight as I was about to land. I have an intel cpu I910900 and geforce rtx 2080 super

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

50 minutes ago, gore54 said:

Hi All

I usually fly with live traffic but because live traffic isnt working the last few days I decided to use the ai traffic off line mode. I started off with my normal fps at 60 as I flew for about 3 hrs I noticed that my fps external view fps slowly lowered to 20 with internal views down to about 10 fps. I also noticed that my cpu instead of running at about 30% was running at 20% and my gpu was down from 60% to about 30%. I then turned off the offline ai traffic and instantly my system went back to normal values. So is there a memory leak with the off line mode of ai traffic? I know i wont be using this mode anymore until this is fixed. It actually caused a ctd on another flight as I was about to land. I have an intel cpu I910900 and geforce rtx 2080 super

Yeah, I am pretty sure some over-time performance decrease is related to traffic.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I Definitely see this behaviour as well.  As the Colonel says, after 2 or 3 hours I tend to call it a day or completely reboot, which is fairly quick with an NVME SSD luckily.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.