Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

NeoFly - free mission generator

I have done a quick search in the forum and nobody seems to have posted it before. In case I missed it, I apologize and feel free to delete this post.

I found this freeware that generates missions and gives rewards and virtual money with which you can buy higher tier aircraft and progress in your career.

https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/neofly

You can depart from any airport, the software generates missions around you.

It also has recorded voices and sound effects, it is actually not bad and is improving my FS experience making it more purposeful and less boring.

Give it a try 🙂

Cheers

• Like 8

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Thanks for the tip, I will try it 👍

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Haven't installed it yet, but from the two YouTube videos this looks like an awesome purpose-giving-to-MFS2020 addon. Does anybody have a first-hand experience with it to share?

Mark 

I tried it and I like it after the new update. Couldn't get it to register any airports before, so missions would fail. Now it is much better.

Do anyone know what the pizza slices are - like the dropzone stuff? Do you need to land there, or only overfly at a certain altitude AGL? 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I tried it and I like it after the new update. Couldn't get it to register any airports before, so missions would fail. Now it is much better.

Do anyone know what the pizza slices are - like the dropzone stuff? Do you need to land there, or only overfly at a certain altitude AGL? 

You have to land within 2 miles from the center of the area, however the lady tells you when it's time to land.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

15 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Are all those areas actually landable?

With a C172 you can land anywhere in this game... I managed to land on a rocky mountain slope and finish a mission in Iceland in this way.

Just have to watch what you click on their site as there's a lot of "clickbait" download type ads.

I got several in dense forest, and although I can do short field takeoff and landings, I'm not THAT proficient yet. Also got plenty of those pizza things in the middle of towns and cities. Landing on a road in a city is not very realistic to me, so that is a big downside of this app in my regards. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I got several in dense forest, and although I can do short field takeoff and landings, I'm not THAT proficient yet. Also got plenty of those pizza things in the middle of towns and cities. Landing on a road in a city is not very realistic to me, so that is a big downside of this app in my regards. 

hm, those would be nice with a heli.

you dont need to fly those. solution for now.

i think its a great app.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 6:46 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

I flew a bunch of missions with ver. 1.2, and yesterday noticed that a beta ver. 1.3.2 is available, but I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade and still have my results from the existing service remain.  Any suggestions?  I've copied my results into the folders in the new version, I've replaced the old exe file with the new version in my existing NeoFly location.  The new version works fine stand alone, but it means I have to restart my career.

3 hours ago, KMan said:

I flew a bunch of missions with ver. 1.2, and yesterday noticed that a beta ver. 1.3.2 is available, but I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade and still have my results from the existing service remain.  Any suggestions?  I've copied my results into the folders in the new version, I've replaced the old exe file with the new version in my existing NeoFly location.  The new version works fine stand alone, but it means I have to restart my career.

It seems that updating from 1.2 to 1.3.x resets the career. Next updates won't be affected.

By the way you can manually edit the career.txt file in order to match it with your previous stats (don't cheat! 😉 )

DisplayName: 
pilotCurrentICAO: 
totalFlyTime:0
XP:0
cash:0

etc.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I guess I'll make the edits and leave it at that.  Appreciate the feedback.

• Like 1

Tried it, not bad though looks as if you have to complete the flight in one sitting - can't resume later.

IMHO while it might break with tradition, it's a huge shame something like this wasn't incorporated in the core game by Asobo/MS.