Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

NeoFly - free mission generator

it is terrific and the developer is creative, especially for a 1 person show so far and a newer creation.  Great stuff

• Like 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

1.3.4 of this has been released and includes the ability to have multiple careers running, which is nice. The back-end has also switched to using an SQLite database and it ships the default MSFS scenery loaded rather than relying on SkyVector so it better matches what's in your sim.

(It's just the stock database, it doesn't actually read your scenery library.  But it uses the same format for the airports table that Little Navmap uses and I've made a tool to readily import your LNM scenery database into NeoFly for anyone who's interested.)

On 10/16/2020 at 5:32 AM, kaosfere said:

...I've made a tool to readily import your LNM scenery database into NeoFly for anyone who's interested.)

Now you have my attention 🙂

Is it a script or an executable you created here? I would be really interested, because I have tons of Addon Airfields which are not part of the default sim and it would be great to also have missions from them 🙂

4 hours ago, buedi said:

Now you have my attention 🙂

Is it a script or an executable you created here? I would be really interested, because I have tons of Addon Airfields which are not part of the default sim and it would be great to also have missions from them 🙂

Both.  It's a python script, but I also packed it into an exe for folks who don't have python installed.

Code is here:  https://github.com/kaosfere/nftools

Zip with the exe: https://github.com/kaosfere/nftools/releases/download/nfimport-0.1/nftools-0.1.zip

Assuming you have Little Navmap storing its database in the stock location you can just drop that in your Neofly directory and run it from the command line.    If you want to use a different database, or have it in a different location, there are some additional arguments described in the readme.

• Like 2

Awesome! Downloading it and will give it a shot tomorrow. Thank you very much 🙂

Hey, I just tried it and it worked like a charm. This is super easy. As you wrote in the instructions, I put it into the NeoFly directory and ran it without any parameters. It found my LNM Database and did the import.

The first Airfield I searched for in NeoFly made it crash though. But these might be very special places. It is not a problem, although I do not know how to debug this. If I cry at Neolords place it would be unfair, because I tampered with the Database now. crying here is unfair too, because your tool worked fine 🙂

I think I came across a tool recently which can open sqlite DBs. I think I should have a look at the exact line for that Airfield(s) which make it crash. I am sure there is some information missing that the add-on creator never included in his BGL or something like that.

I would give you a link to the downloads, but I think I got it somewhere from the flightsimulator.com forums. I will try to dig it up if you want to try for yourself. The Airfields are CAB1 - Saturday Creek Cabin and CAB2 - Kruzof Island from "quelcertoleo", right around the corner at PAJN (Juneau).

Again, this is not really a problem. Thinking about the luck I have with these things, out of 37.000 Airfields, these are probably the only 2 that make NF crash 🙂

Edit: I used DB Browser for SQLite and could not spot anything odd for CAB1 and CAB2. NF even created entries in the Mission table in the DB... I guess I'll hop over to Discord and ask NeoLord if there is a way to debug this 🙂

Thank you very much again for your tool! There's no point adding more airfields if I can not use them for the missions, but now I can 👍

Edit #2: I think I figured it out. NF crashes when it tries to populate the AircraftMarket table. The Airfields causing the problems had a runwaylength of 3. It seems it needs to be at least 500 for NF to find suitable Aircraft for the Airfield and populate the AircraftMarket table then. Instead of not creating any planes on the market, it seems to crash. I put this into the bug-reports over at the NF Discord.

Edited by buedi
  • Like 1

Having an issue with v1.4. When I run setup I get an error, "Application download did not succeed." Anyone else get this? I am running it as admin so it should work...

• Like 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

4 hours ago, vegasjon said:

Having an issue with v1.4. When I run setup I get an error, "Application download did not succeed." Anyone else get this? I am running it as admin so it should work...

They have this in their FAQ on Discord:

I get an error "Application download did not succeed" - See picture below What can I do?
- Try unzipping the file with 7ZIP. Using other tools seem to be corrupting the file.
If using 7ZIP does not work, we have a backup for you: NeoFly 1.4 without the auto-updater. 

I did not install 1.4 because I'm waiting for 2.0 tomorrow, so I didn't get this error.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

7 hours ago, vegasjon said:

I get the same. I sent the dev an email about it. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I get the same. I sent the dev an email about it. 

You have to unzip all the files in a temp folder before launching the setup.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Uh how would I otherwise do it? Ofc I unzip it before launching it. 

Windows allows you to browse zip files as if they were folders... so I thought that was the issue.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Sorry to dig up old thread but I've been having a play around with this and I'm quite impressed so far.  Its freeware so I thought worth a punt!  I'm getting a bit bored just aimlessly flying from A to B so this adds a little purpose and sends me off in directions I wouldn't have considered before.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Been using this for a while now, as the pilot it works fine, I can move to different planes etc and fly from wherever they are. But I am having an issue with the staff function, I have several planes and would like them to be used, but to generate a mission, I have to be at the base where the plane is, otherwise no missions show up, there is a small text message stating that there are *.* missions at the ICAO, but no list, so I cannot select a mission for the staff pilot to fly, I have to pay to go to the airfield before the mission list will show up. I checked the manual and it seems to suggest that I ought to be able to see a mission list anywhere merely by typing in the ICAO code, anyone able to shed any light on this?