Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Patch 1.9.3.0

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

If that's the one regarding deselecting AI model options and some and ground stuff, then I am aware of it, but unfortunately it doesn't work all the time. Even if it did, it's still pretty poor form to release a flight sim where it initially works upon release, but then not one, but two patches break something as fundamental as being able to navigate and talk to ATC.

If it was something like the nav lights not working or perhaps a control surface animation being missing or whatever, that wouldn't be so bad since it wouldn't actually prevent you from carrying out flights, but a flaw which actually prevents you from carrying out simulated flights, in a flight simulator, is worthy of more attention than simply remarking that it's a 'known issue' on the patch notes, and this without any indication of when they intend to do something about it.

I don't know what planet Asobo and Microsoft are living on where they think this is even remotely acceptable. It's shockingly bad customer service, not to mention being appallingly unprofessional in just about every way possible.

And now if you try to fly a steam gauge aircraft, and pull up the VFR map, that might crash your game.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, Steku said:

For the record - nav and landing lights on/off commands are not working in C172 😉

There's a surprise eh? 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Has anyone notice if you enter tail number it stays there even after restart?

It stays

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

And if I had to complain it would be about the fact that EDDS Stuttgart is still not added. I mean Malaga is now, and I realized that it is much more important for spanish airtraffic than Stuttgart is for german air traffic, but nontheless it is in 6th place among german airports when it comes to passengers. You cannot simply ommit a major airport like this.

Yea, but Malaga (LEMG) is not "really" fixed. They at least now have added the second runway that is new, but the bing maps aerial of where the original runway is located is still censored and was not included.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=9f108bb1-05be-4075-acf1-b1708d6561b6&cp=36.678263~-4.499139&lvl=15&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

You have a terminal and taxiways that lead to nowhere. So, yes, we have SOMETHING at LEMG now, but it is only a partial frankenstein.

That is not to say I do not agree with you... it is a real shame that these civil airports are being chopped at the knees by some military installations nearby. The most frustrating thing is that this was never an issue in any prior sims. All of a sudden, we have this problem.

Be careful using the VFR map in general, seems to CTD randomly when opening/closing.

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Yep, I noticed my object LOD was changed from 100 before to 25 after the patch. I don't think it changed my render scaling, but I'll have to go back and check.

Gotta hand it to Asobo, that's a sneaky way to fool people into thinking there's been a performance improvement! 😏

I thought that too for a minute, until I noticed the LOD was looking terrible and I went into graphics settings to check it.

Yea, I notice this too.  Sneaky Asobo, very clever!..lol

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The link to them is enough, don't need a giant pass post.

You are quite correct Sir. However, the original post in its entirety, was possibly more helpful than its criticism.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

knowing there is an issue with the VFR map and nevertheless went ahead with the release

No kidding! Can you imagine if they had delayed the release to fix it? Pitchforks and torches...

Ok...whats with the little loading circle I am getting in the lower right hand side every once in awhile in cockpit dash view mode.......just me?

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

There's certainly something wrong with the anti-aliasing, and it's visible the most while in the hangar showcase. I have the feeling that they boosted the sharpening filter even more. I'll try again tomorrow after turning it off (as I usually do but the patch reset this setting for me) and see if the TAA algorithm remains the same.

Tried with sharpening off and that was the problem, they boosted it way too much and now it's bringing out all the aliasing and shimmering, as well as lots of halo ringing. Turn it off using this guide and you'll get good TAA again.

Also I'm getting something similar to a LOD issue demonstrated in another thread, but it seems to be more related to texture brightness rather than detail. It's definitely a bug and not something that they tried to slip in without anyone noticing. Also there is another issue with foam textures exhibiting repetition artifacts. I will take more screenshots tomorrow and report the issues to Asobo.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

Issues:

Looks like I'll be sticking with the unofficial/'fake' Asobo Malaga with it's 2 runways. It looks far better anyway. But the building in line with Runway 30 is way too tall, surely, something like 12 storeys. Both Bing and Google show it as a building in construction but only about 4 storeys tall. In the sim, it means dropping down onto the threshold. Not sure if it was like that before the patch as I hadn't used Runway 30 before as far as I remember. 

I've lost ATC voices. Now the ATC dialogue just races by, presumably because it doesn't have to wait for a voice to enunciate it first.

So far I haven't had the VFR map CTD with the TBM after a handful of short flights.🤞

3 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

Also the tbm still doesn't enable YD together with AP

3 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

It has for me since the prior patch, but I use the mouse to click AP on the dash not bound to any button on my joystick...

Likewise, no issues since previous patch when clicking the on-screen button.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I click the AP button and no YD 🤷‍♂️

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

28 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

Ok...whats with the little loading circle I am getting in the lower right hand side every once in awhile in cockpit dash view mode.......just me?

Not just you, I saw that too.  I was well north of KPDX heading south toward the city, so I assume it was downloading scenery into cache.

Was a nice flight and everything looked OK to me as I was cruising along in the Savage Cub, until I hit the key to pull up the VFR map and....boom.... there I was at the desktop. Rather rude way to end a flight.  I'm stumped how that could have got broken?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

7 hours ago, March Hare said:

Yep, it was messed up in the last patch. I posted a suggestion earlier, which is to go to NVIDIA control panel, select AA mode as "override application setting", apply FXAA and 8x anti-aliaising. This works better than TAA currently does, even though TAA used to do the job even better than that. It also works a heck of a lot better than the FXAA built into the sim, which is shocking.

The other interesting thing about overriding the sim's AA is that I can now use 2K resolution without a performance hit, it seems...

Thanks so much for this tip, big difference!

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg