Sign in to follow this  
louisgr

Skipping a way point in the Cessna CJ4 0.3.0

Hi,

As per title, I cannot find a way to "properly" skip a waypoint using the FMS. For example, on a SID you often takeoff on a vector then instructed to a heading to catch the first waypoint say "A" of the SID. I tried the direct to function (I think the button is called "dir" but I'm not in front of my gaming computer right now) and it works except that it will not sequence to the following waypoints once "A" has been reached. It's like it does not continue the flight plan or something. I have to "direct to" each one manually after. Is there a proper way to do this ? I entered the flight plan manually in the FMS if it matters. I also tried to click on "A" so it would end up in the scratch pad then click on the button next to "vector" to replace it (a la 737) but that did not work.

many thanks for your help.

cheers

Louis

7 minutes ago, louisgr said:

Hi,

As per title, I cannot find a way to "properly" skip a waypoint using the FMS. For example, on a SID you often takeoff on a vector then instructed to a heading to catch the first waypoint say "A" of the SID. I tried the direct to function (I think the button is called "dir" but I'm not in front of my gaming computer right now) and it works except that it will not sequence to the following waypoints once "A" has been reached. It's like it does not continue the flight plan or something. I have to "direct to" each one manually after. Is there a proper way to do this ? I entered the flight plan manually in the FMS if it matters. I also tried to click on "A" so it would end up in the scratch pad then click on the button next to "vector" to replace it (a la 737) but that did not work.

many thanks for your help.

cheers

Louis

Louis, there's a note about this in the known issues, but basically the autopilot swaps into roll mode sometimes after a direct to leg. If you just put the autopilot back into nav mode right away, it should sequence just fine. This is a known issue we're working on trying to fix. So you're process is correct - if you receive an instruction to skip to a later waypoint in the departure, enroute or arrival phases, you should use the DIR button, select the waypoint you've been cleared to and then when prompted, hit EXEC - when you reach that waypoint, the autopilot may drop into ROL mode and you can just click NAV again on the autopilot panel and the autopilot should continue your flight plan.

That said...the Working Title CJ4 mod will currently not work with the latest MSFS patch (released this morning). We are working on updating the mod to accommodate the code changes and hope to push a patch 0.3.1 soon.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT