Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesJ

Error: Memory could not be read

Guest michael7

When I got FSX, installed, read carefully on the tweaks in CFG and lowering cloud/trees/water textures.FSX worked fine, it was awesome, after tweaks, and finding nice numbers for trees and buildings (1800 trees/275 buidlings) in CFG file, I was holding steady 20fps @ KLAX.Ok I thought, now its reformat time, which I do every 6 months no matter what, im at my 4 month mark.Got PC all back up to par after reformat, reinstalled FSX, redid just those tweaks above, now I get the following error:"The instruction at 0x20e86983 referenced memery at 0x10c6dd80. The memery could not be read."What am I missing?DELL Dimension 4700 3.0ghz/2 gig ram/256mb Geforce 6800 [driver 9147] Super clean sys.BF2/X-Plane 8.50/Orbiter run fine, no probs.FSX having probs on a Win sys, LOL, maybe there like the Gov, lacking communications, even though they are made by same...LOLYes im angry, dont even get me started.

Guest Rake7575

Had a similar issue and a CTD. Since I carefully log the tweaks I make, I back tracked to the Poolsize buffer tweak...think the recommendation was to add that line is fsx.cfg and put a 5000000 value--I cranked it up to 10000000 and had the box you described pop up after 5-10 minutes of flight time.I believe the higher the poolsize value the more texture is buffered in memory cache--the idea is to buffer it in a pool so theoretically you minimize stutters particularly in hard turns where the demands on quickly accessing texture is critical.At least, that's my guess. I went back to 5000000 and haven't seen the box come up anymore.RakeAMD FX-60nvida 7950 GX2 (1GB) video4GB ultra low latency RAMRaptor 150GB (10000rpm)HDDell 24" (running FSX in 1920x1200x32bit res)

Guest JamesJ

This was happening to me, began not long after adding a new stick of ram..new stick was 1gb, two older ones each 520mb. I swapped the new stick with one of the old ones putting the new 1gb stick in slot one?? Not exactly sure which is which, but seems to have stopped the problem for now anyway. Hope this helps..JamesJ