Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Live Weather After SP3

Having compared a few scenarios I can't say that I share your observations. REX so far was more accurate. I will continue comparing both options and their results. 

• Like 3

Hans

Live weather appears to be much more accurate. A little too liberal with the thunderstorms but accurate in that we did have some small storms that rolled through this afternoon.  Otherwise the weather depiction was really close. Winds, barometric pressure, cloud bases all within a reasonable margin of variance based on the local METAR at the time. ATIS is still hosed for the most part, sadly.

Edited by snglecoil
  • Like 4

Chris

1 hour ago, FrankR409 said:

Happy for you, I hope you get refunded, You and the others.

do you mean that it ceases to work entirely after the patch? I reckoned that it might.  Just curious.

Just needed a reinstall something got hosed running nice now 

• Like 3

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

It finally freakin' works! Lighting and sound effects included. What a difference.

Thank you ASOBO.

I figure after about 5 more patches I'll be ready to install FS2020 on my new gaming laptop (not received yet).  My own X-Mas present.

Can't wait.

Cheers

bs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

live weather is working only for the first flight, this issue appear with v1.8.30 and last v1.9.30 and isn't solved

• Like 1

our weather in houston is clear and the winds calm.  But even in the TBM, I'm getting knocked around pretty good.  So .... I'm not sure the Live weather is correct.  Previous flights the wind effect and turbulence was matched pretty well to weather reports.  But not now.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Richard said it doesn't work.

After seeing low clouds, proper baro pressure, and winds, I no longer need it!

The real weather is still out of date for me, but the winds and altimeter are working now.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, anitelite said:

our weather in houston is clear and the winds calm.  But even in the TBM, I'm getting knocked around pretty good.  So .... I'm not sure the Live weather is correct.  Previous flights the wind effect and turbulence was matched pretty well to weather reports.  But not now.

I just flew into KHOU 6 hours ago we were getting some moderate turbulence. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

OK. I just checked weather at several airports and picked (4) of the airports to compare to metars because they had cloud layers.  They were spaced far enough apart that the weather conditions were not closely grouped. 

The ATIS for those (4) appear to have matched conditions from between 1 PM and 2 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).  That is from 1700Z to 1800Z.  It is now just before 0100Z.   I draw that conclusion based on wind direction and speed, altimeter, and cloud layers.  Seemed pretty conclusive.  With the approaching cold front and dropping pressure the altimeter was the best determinate. 

Getting late here so I am not going to check successive hours ATIS vs metars.  May do perhaps three or four checks tomorrow, each about two to three hours apart.  Will be interesting to see if the weather shifts hourly, or if closely matching changes only occur every 6 hours or 12 hours....

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

lnP11AX.png

ASOBO, is it technically difficult to hide the moon behind the thick cloud layer?

3 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I figure after about 5 more patches I'll be ready to install FS2020 on my new gaming laptop (not received yet).  My own X-Mas present.

Can't wait.

Cheers

bs

Gaming laptop. LOL Xbox series X will be superior by then.

Edited by jbdbow1970

seems to be working for me in the US at least.  When I load the sim and listen to the ATIS I can compare the the Blue map metars from this portion of their (Blue) site, not the US government site.  (you folks already know this I am sure)

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather-maps/portland-international-airport_united-states-of-america_5746563?variable=metar-flight-conditions&level=surface&lines=none&mapcenter=41.8205N-96.1743&zoom=5

(zoom out if needed)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Weather working perfectly for me, flew multiple flights today through some very heavy rain. Strong gusty winds also, metars along the routes I flew agreed with the weather conditions. Honestly, it was the best weather we have yet had in simulation. No sudden wind direction changes etc.

• Like 2

Did my usual FL flights this morning fand the atmosphere looked incredible. So dam happy with this update!

nLahmei.png

pRuLIGp.png

AgSKVW7.png

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.