Sign in to follow this  
Guest drakos13

Questions on FSX (Deluxe) please help!

Guest drakos13

hi i just got FSX Deluxe...i am parked at Kennedy Intl. Airport in a Boeing 747 and i cant find out how can i attach the airport gatejetway to my airplane door.the kneeboard says Cntrl + J to attach/detach jetway, but i press it and nothing happens.but when i doors open fine. Also is it possible to speak to the passenges, for example to fasten their seat belts?Also i have fx5200 and 512 MB Ram and the game performance is really bad even with the lowest settings. Would you recommend me to buy 1GB Ram or a better Video Card?

Hi; I would think that you will need both to get any kind of acceptableresults. ACES reports the Nvidia FX5xxx cards are not good for FSX. There are somepretty good AGP cards available at Newegg for under $140.

>hi i just got FSX Deluxe...>>i am parked at Kennedy Intl. Airport in a Boeing 747 and i>cant find out how can i attach the airport gatejetway to my>airplane door.>the kneeboard says Cntrl + J to attach/detach jetway, but i>press it and nothing happens.>>but when i doors open fine. Also is it possible to speak to>the passenges, for example to fasten their seat belts?>>Also i have fx5200 and 512 MB Ram and the game performance is>really bad >even with the lowest settings. Would you recommend me to buy>1GB Ram or a better Video Card?I would recommend both. But what kind of motherboard do you have and how old is it?

Guest drakos13

my processor is bad too, Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, but you didnt tell me:i am parked at Kennedy Intl. Airport in a Boeing 747 and i cant find out how can i attach the airport gatejetway to my airplane door.the kneeboard says Cntrl + J to attach/detach jetway, but i press it and nothing happens.but when i doors open fine. Also is it possible to speak to the passenges, for example to fasten their seat belts?please answer this questions thanks very much

If I'm not mistaken, The Special Effects Detail slider needs to be set to High. Mike

If you want to do all that speaking to passengers and flight attendants etc in the 747, you might want to buy this add-on for the FSX Boeing 747, which allows you to do exactly that:http://www.fs2crew.com/product12.htmGood fun and doesn't affect frame-rates that much either as far as I've been able to tell. Pretty cheap to buy too.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest drakos13

i put effects and advanced animations and the highest levels and nothing happens. But i heard from other people saying that for jetways to work i need to have Video Card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 , something like that... anyway, for those whose jetways work, jetways attach only to your aircraft, or they attach to other aircrafts parked around the airport?

>i put effects and advanced animations and the highest levels>and nothing happens. But i heard from other people saying that>for jetways to work i need to have Video Card that supports>Pixel Shader 2.0 , something like that... >Oh yes, I beleive that is correct..Shader 2.0 for jetwaysand...also, you must be parked in a parking spot to get fuel trucks and all of that.>anyway, for those whose jetways work, jetways attach only to>your aircraft, or they attach to other aircrafts parked around>the airport?I have not noticed (!) but I will be on the lookout for jetways attaching to AI.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest drakos13

>If you want to do all that speaking to passengers and flight>attendants etc in the 747, you might want to buy this add-on>for the FSX Boeing 747, which allows you to do exactly that:>>http://www.fs2crew.com/product12.htm>>Good fun and doesn't affect frame-rates that much either as>far as I've been able to tell. Pretty cheap to buy too.i wish i could buy it, but i dont have credic card, neither my parents