Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

is there a way to use a 4th monitor for instruments?

I currently have a 3 monitor wide setup.  Is there a way to use a smaller 4th monitor in the center below the middle screen to use for instruments?

Edited by DarkMantle

There isn't even a reliable way to use one monitor for the instruments after that second patch came out. 🤣 

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

39 minutes ago, Steku said:

Consider using AirManager with 10-15" touch display and Knobster:

The problem with AM is that they haven't released AM4.0 which officially supports MSFS yet. Even more of the problem is that their panels and instruments are quite limited, especially for glass cockpit. It seems that there will be no G1000 etc for a long time. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I'm going to self promote my own thread. It was focussed on Android Tablets for displaying instruments, but the second part is about using the pop-out feature to display the Garmin displays on another monitor

12 hours ago, FlyIce said:

The problem with AM is that they haven't released AM4.0 which officially supports MSFS yet. Even more of the problem is that their panels and instruments are quite limited, especially for glass cockpit. It seems that there will be no G1000 etc for a long time. 

The beta version is working great for me with lot of instruments!

AirManager 4b13 works great, you have to do a bit of code conversion on some of the gauges. A lot are already converted in the Beta.

The Garmin dials and buttons don't have "events" working yet, but this is coming hopefully in the near future, the sim is not 2 months old yet, I am amazed it is working as well as it is.

This is my M20 panel, I love flying with it on my 4 screen setup. I also use a Laptop for plates and a couple tablets for plates, charts and METAR.

Mooney.jpg

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

4 hours ago, 177B said:

AirManager 4b13 works great, you have to do a bit of code conversion on some of the gauges. A lot are already converted in the Beta.

The Garmin dials and buttons don't have "events" working yet, but this is coming hopefully in the near future, the sim is not 2 months old yet, I am amazed it is working as well as it is.

This is my M20 panel, I love flying with it on my 4 screen setup. I also use a Laptop for plates and a couple tablets for plates, charts and METAR.

Mooney.jpg

Honeycomb yoke just arrived. Need a basic throttle quadrant... Which would you recommend that is compatible with MSFS2020/honeycomb/CH Pedals?

Thanks!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

37 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Honeycomb yoke just arrived. Need a basic throttle quadrant... Which would you recommend that is compatible with MSFS2020/honeycomb/CH Pedals?

Thanks!

I use the CH Throttle quadrant and I have the Saitek as well, I prefer the CH as it has 6 axis for TH-mx-sb etc and a bunch of switches.

However I do think the Honeycomb will be much better, I will probably buy that at some point when in stock.

Any USB throttle will work. I have a few items I made myself using LeoBodnar boards like Collective for helis and nose wheel steering for big iron.

One thing about the Honecomb yoke is that you have to disable all the switches on the housing, not the yoke itself in FS2020. This is because the rocker switches and key are permanently on not intermittent. This causes a number of problems in FS2020 at least it did before the last update, I have not checked id ASOBO fixed this yet in Sept 29 update. Just be aware that is what causes avionics to tick off at odd times especially in the Mooney. I am sure this will be fixed at some point.

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Well I managed to get Spacedesk working on an iPad, however it's very laggy.  Is there any adjustment for that?  So I have 3 27" monitors across the front an the iPad has the attitude indicator that I take as a window from one of the cockpits