Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

9 minutes ago, egon_cr said:

Let's try to make this happen:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-an-option-to-defer-patches-updates/

I think most of us would agree with this. Even for those of you who have a perfectly smooth experience with MSFS right now, the risk of breakage is high given the precedents.

People who want to "beta test" the latest patch can do so while the rest wait until things stabilize. Some things like the tall buildings are probably caused partially by Azure changes and not local patches, but we shouldn't be exposed to mediocre patches with high CTD potential, among other things.

Ten THOUSAND votes for this!  I'd be content with this in operation. I would have chosen to stay with RTM MSFS...and sit in the bush watching the comments of adopters of the updates, as I do with XP11 updates....before dropping the hammer!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Downgrading visuals to increase performance is the worst thing devs can do to a game. That right there shows incompetence. That is an easy way out. Ofcourse improving the code would have been a better approach but this shady stuff is just not acceptable.

Next gen visuals were the biggest selling point of this sim. This is such a sad situation and its a trend I have been noticing since the last 3 patches. Did you also know that they murdered the reflection of building lights in water during night time ? Check official forum. People are infuriated.

Like some of you mentioned above, the visual downgrades happened to bring it more in line with the console version. Cant make the new shiny 500$ look bad eh ? We have seen this happened so many times in the past. Pc version getting held back by console version.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Ten THOUSAND votes for this!  I'd be content with this in operation. I would have chosen to stay with RTM MSFS...and sit in the bush watching the comments of adopters of the updates, as I do with XP11 updates....

Same, for me the best state was with the last patch before this one and I would have gladly stayed there for a while. I was really enjoying the sim and learned to ignore or work around the minor bugs as I did with previous MSFS's. Never had any CTD until now.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty disappointed with the building autogen being totally jacked in this update.  Went out to my desert practice spot by KMHV and California City, and there are random 5 story buildings in tbe middle of the desert now.

I guess the scenery team doesn't test anything any better than the core sim team does.

Community mod teams making freeware mods to fix Asobo's problems with the G1000 and G36 are doing a better job of testing than Asobo is.

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

26 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Nothing new here at all..

The usual pity party & moans from  those that rushed to be amongst the first to get the sim, without a due diligence wait to see what others had to say.

Maybe it should have been called MSFS Early Access!

However.. the pictures taken are great indeed, far better than anything else from the past. New beginnings for all that are happy!!

Remember, it's just a game that's simulating a simulator, with amazing visuals & some meh planes!

By the way, what is the difference between I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch. & I'm done with....?

As an aside, is it not redundant to put in 'personally', which means 'I', after an 'I'?  - asking for a friend..

'Personally done', (with this or that) ...refers to having one's definitive reasons to end an association, rather than a higher rhetorical objective overreach.  One can quit/end something with impunity. Another will quit for concrete, and personal/of self--> reasons.  I stated my personal-of-ownership definitive reasons to wish to moth-ball MSFS at this time, post P3  Hope this helps. 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Not sure if this is mentioned before in thread, in some installations the relevant files is found at a different path:

C:\Users\Your User Name Whatever It Is\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator'

UserCfg.opt (filename).

Example: (I'm not sure what happens when you increase the terrain and objects LoDfactor past 2.000 because patch 3 just started downloading and I can' check it out right now).

Version 66
{Video
    Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER"
    Monitor 0
    Windowed 1
    FullscreenBorderless 0
    Resolution 1920 1034
    FullScreenResolution 1920 1080
    PrimaryScaling 1.000000
    SecondaryScaling 1.000000
    VSync 0
    HDR10 1
    PosX 0
    PosY 0
}
{Graphics
    Version 1.1.0
    Preset Ultra
    {Texture
        MaxAnisotropy 16
        Quality 0
    }
    {SuperSampling
        SuperSampling 3
    }
    {Terrain
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }

Edited by Fielder
removed lengthy file content

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Very annoying how asobo keep moving the goal post or hope it's a bug

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Hello Games really turned around their No Mans Sky game after downgrading and not delivering what they had promoted. So there are examples of things being really bad at the beginning only to turn to gold in 4 years time. 

Four more years!!

Four more years!!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Well, I'm not surprised since they needed to nerf the LOD radius for the upcoming XBOX release.  Also expect them to add an artificial fog to further lower the LOD in the future.

(French Briton accent): I cont see for the bloody smuuke!

11 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Not sure if this is mentioned before in thread, in some installations the relevant files is found at a different path:

C:\Users\Your User Name Whatever It Is\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator'

UserCfg.opt (filename).

Example: (I'm not sure what happens when you increase the terrain and objects LoDfactor past 2.000 because patch 3 just started downloading and I can' check it out right now).

Version 66
{Video
    Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER"
    Monitor 0
    Windowed 1
    FullscreenBorderless 0
    Resolution 1920 1034
    FullScreenResolution 1920 1080
    PrimaryScaling 1.000000
    SecondaryScaling 1.000000
    VSync 0
    HDR10 1
    PosX 0
    PosY 0
}
{Graphics
    Version 1.1.0
    Preset Ultra
    {Texture
        MaxAnisotropy 16
        Quality 0
    }
    {SuperSampling
        SuperSampling 3
    }
    {Terrain
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {Shadows
        MaxSliceCount 4
        Size 2048
        MaxDist 10000.000000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS0 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS1 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS2 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS3 0.100000
     (SNIP SNIP)

Does the following:

Terrain
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000

Reset to the default highest setting in sim of 200, when running the sim again and again, after you  edit to let's say 4.000000 and them press SAVE in Note+?  It would seem to me, that your in-sim settings get written to a READ ONLY file that as the sim is initializing, the settings in that file...which would be a full slider of 200,  would then 'write' to the .cfg file and over write whatever the USER set in edit.   Master.cfg overwrites Slave.cfg sort of.....dunno.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Okay bye 🙂

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yeah, same thing happened to me after the patch, shame ... anyone able to get above 2, seems to be capped at max 2 internally now?

Cheers, Rob.

Exactly, it is capped. Having the same issue (it is probably no issue but a "feature" to gain performance). But a very bad one....

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm not done with it but this patch continues to illustrate that Asobo might be great world builders (LOD issues aside) they still seem to be lacking in the coding and aircraft side of things.

The A320 is still pretty much near impossible to fly. Tried a quick flight yesterday evening, can't get VS to engage or the AT to settle so it blasts off like NASA's proposed Mission To Mars with its 9000fpm climb rate and 350knots.

And what sort of professional software operation releases a patch with the statement, don't use the VFR map 'cos it will CTD the sim?!

9 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

30odd thousand foot....it’s not even like FSX, more like FS9...!

PS there is a whole thread that is huge about this over at the official forums...

16657865-8682-40-A9-AAD3-DCE72855-DA49.j

at 30,000 feet I'm not sure we need to be seeing too much autogen, what purpose does it serve?

I appreciate this is going to make me sounds like a smart word not allowed, but you should just avoid zooming your view too much as cruise altitude - at default zooms the scenery looks incredible, and that reflects real life

we can't have endless detailed scenery in all directions forever with current computing hardware

• Upvote 1