Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

I think a lot of the anger and frustration comes from those who paid the premium.. Heck, even the minimum. Let's face it. During a pandemic, during massive job lose, even $60 is a questionable expenditure right now.  

So... When you get your purchase, and the developer had laid out goalposts to kick the football through, and this is now the THIRD patch in a row since release where it is crystal clear, those goalposts..  Don't actually exist.. This is a development team constantly diving, scrambling for, frantically trying to get a grasp of a fumbled football and it's maddening.  The apologists of "No game is perfect at release" is becoming less and less the vocal minority.  We're three patches in and they are literally BREAKING more of the game than they are fixing. They're literally going in reverse.  It's my money, your money, everyones hard earned money at play here and you SHOULD be mad. We are over two months in now and this things is actually in many ways worse now than when it was at release.. Let that soak in for a bit...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Same disappointing of the OP, IF this is the trend with patches, I guess soon I will make some empty room on my SSD. I swore not to buy games thought for console as well, made an exception for FS2020 but it looks like a mistake. Blur and poppings of trees/buildings at medium distance is so annoying while before at 200 Lod was quite good. With serious aircraft postponed to end of 2021 the picture is quite sad.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

As I have been saying it from the beginning; it’s all about balance between detail and performance...

Imho expecting all the eyecandy + detailed weather + all kinds of AI + ... fast flying jetliners ... might be too much at this moment.

MSFS has never been tested with fast jetliners and complex systems, 

My guess : AS is working with Asobo to create an enhanced SDK and they are seeing issues when testing the AS Airbusses icw detailed scenery. By reducing detail in LOD they are able to gain performance back which is needed to ever have fast complex jetliners flying without outside view stutters...

The first sign was when they modified the GC frequency which you now can choose.

And perhaps  the bandwidth of their servers also suffers.

Indeed, all these does not come for free, plus they have to accommodate lower end setups. However, what I am not happy about is, aggressively lowering down LOD for all of us. Let's say you have a CPU with high clock speed and RTX3090, of course I would like to push my graphic card further instead of seeing it chilling, is like throwing 1700euro to the water if i don't utilize it well (unless I am running 4k). Instead, in my opinion, they could add an advance setup config screen for more advanced setups, similar to what we have in P3D/FSX. 

Anyway: I have put this as a question in the Q&A https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/will-it-be-more-optimizations-to-the-current-lod-system/281302/2

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I really hope this is reversed or we are at least given the option to change back via sliders I think I'll probably shelve this for a while as that is not acceptable to me and will go back to P3d for a while, fingers crossed it's a bug or there is some reason for this

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Their objective is profit, don't ever forget that. XBOX probably has higher priority than PC, so they're focusing each day on getting it to run the best possible in the console for the best possible sales with their "exclusive" title, also now trying to penetrate the difficult Japanese market with this clearly oriented towards profit (once again) release of the Japan pack.

Simulation? We'll see about that once other priorities are done with (if ever).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

13 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

I really hope this is reversed or we are at least given the option to change back via sliders I think I'll probably shelve this for a while as that is not acceptable to me and will go back to P3d for a while, fingers crossed it's a bug or there is some reason for this

Here is another post that resonated with me...and well stated...and perhaps,  words put to how I feel now...

The post:

I’ve been excited about MSFS since it was announced, since I really like airplanes. I bought a joystick, I played the game every day since launch.

Yesterday, after 1.9.3, was the first time I just quit the game and did something else. I was ok with the game, even with all its problems, even with having to periodically turn up the brightness on the PFD or put up with the AP going up and down or keeping the APU on during the flight, even though all these problems were bugs introduced in after-launch patches.

With 1.9.3, MSFS passed a threshold where it’s no longer fun to use. Simple bugs were not fixed. The map, which I open and close a lot to study approaches or changes to the flight plan, crashes my game. It’s a new issue, introduced in the new patch, they knew about it and yet chose to release it like that anyway!

Who does this? Why? I’ve been playing games for 25 years and I’ve seen many buggy or incomplete ones released, but then patches fixed them, not made them worse!

MSFS, right now, is a big list of workarounds and “do not press these” which I have to remember in order to MAYBE start and finish a flight. Maybe. It might still crash to desktop or just not work as it is supposed to.

I’m not playing the game, I’m fighting with the game to make it functional.

Thank god I got it on Game Pass for PC. I wanted to pay 120 euros for the Premium Deluxe at launch, but I said to myself “lets give Game Pass a chance and, if I like the game, I’ll get it in full because I want the Dreamliner”. That would have been a huge waste of money.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yep...yes...in hindsight, I wish that I would have done that.   I would have merely cancelled my Game Pass subscription, today,...and been no worst the less for wear...I spent $183.00 on a pre-order...and NEVER...NEVER will I ever be caught with my pants down around my ankles again.  My  bought-the hype-farm  folly.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

XBOX probably has higher priority than PC, so they're focusing each day on getting it to run the best possible in the console

Nah... XBox users aren't the ones who will turn into hardcore simmers buying every DLC and marketplace items - which is their financial plan. They might sell a lot of copies there, but that's about it.

• Upvote 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I am not frustrated neither angry.

But I am vocal with my opinion that it must be clear that I am not willing to accept that big companies like MS (and ASOBO) are releasing "not ready to release" products because some "high business manager" ordered to release.

We still are paying customers. And the only way of showing them is writing about it and, not use it anymore.

The more the community get this picture, the more they will "wait" the next time with buying products "at release". At least I am doing this more and more....waiting patience and let others "handle" the issues.

Like Nvidia.........I did not even think about spending so much money on a card wich has it´s issues as well and so early released, that the numbers of potential owners can´t even get one!

I decided to not buy a 30er card and just "let them hang". 

The series after that, maybe it get´s bette, maybe not.

But we are the only one who driving the cars they sell.......not buying hurts......

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I am not frustrated neither angry.

But I am vocal with my opinion that it mus be clear that I am not willing to accept thsat big companies like MS (and ASOBO) are releasing "not ready to release" products because some "high business manager" ordered to do so.

We still are paying customers. And the only way of showing them is writing about it and, not use it anymore.

The more the community get this picture, the more they will "wait" the next time with buying products "at release". At least I am doing this more and more....waiting patience and let others "handle" the issues.

Like Nvidia.........I did not even think about spending so much money on a card wich has it´s issues as well and so early released, that the numbers of potential owners can´t even get one!

I decided to not buy a 30er card and just "let them hang". 

The series after that, maybe it get´s better.

Marcus

The one thing is...that they are going to launch the Xbox X and S mid November...and trust me...if ANYBODY is being on a Google search...directed to this thread...and was ONLY going to buy a box because of MSFS....might not touch it now with a ten foot pole. I think that ASOBO and M.S. management of this project better get off their word-not-allowed hither parts...and FIX MSFS to a working and STABLE version...in the next coming weeks with patches..or hot fixes...or they will suffer financial loss of sales.  How many of the over 8,000 views, could be Xbox'ers...Googling MSFS, and this thread is coming up.  Would you buy MSFS in any version...after reading this thread...or any thread of the patch on this Forum?  They need a Fire Drill Correction ASAP...weeks before mid November....or face the back-lash.  MSFS was to be their launch premiere title....and I was absolutely going to pick up an Xbox X model for the sim. Now?  Not on your life...won't be any Xbox X's under our Xmas Tree....post patch 1, 2, and 3....bug infested.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just now, craigeaglefire said:

for the ‘complainers’

simply delete MFS from your hard drive,

sorted for you then!

Pretty stupid reply I must say

• Like 7
  • Upvote 7

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

echo

echo

echo

YMMV

You may be happy with a Sim that's progressively getting worse but those of us that are passionate about simulation expect better, if you want to post arrogant responses good for you

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Wayne such

9 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

for the ‘complainers’

simply delete MFS from your hard drive,

sorted for you then!

Can you tell my perhaps how that will solve the issues the Sim is having? And why are you thinking this is a good solution? If this is the way you handle things or you help others, than it is not helpful at all.

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Can you tell my perhaps how that will solve the issues the Sim is having? And why are you thinking this is a good solution? If this is the way you handle things or you help others, than it is not helpful at all.

Marcus

Looks like a troll to me, I learned to block people like that. They seem better suited to facebook and the like. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1