Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

12 hours ago, ShawnG said:

The big thing seems to be announcing the departure, and then remaining in the pattern...

To use your flow..place me 3 miles out, in a holding pattern...but, yes...I'm done with trying to align to Final...for at least 6 months to a year.  I'm all about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater...but don't entice me into the bath charging me $183.00 CDN, with pictures of glorious and foaming suds and such,...and then in 3 minutes (patches), see the suds go flat...speaks of a poor and defective shampoo product....that no longer distracts the fact, that the 'bathwater' is getting cold.

🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

6 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Hi Ray, It's seemingly not a debate, but started as a rant. As long as we keep that peaceful, all should be good? 

Your calling my O.P. a 'rant'...is my emphatic statement of discontent with MSFS P3.  Our descriptivism, differs.  A social right.

You guys who are seeing bad graphics... Check to make sure the bing data / photogram wasn't turned off. It turned itself on for me once, and everything looked like garbage. Still haven't figured out why it did that.

6 hours ago, psolk said:

So just curious, after ten years are you going back to P3D V4.4?  V4.5?  V5.0?  Waiting for 5.0HF?  5.1?   

Point being 10 years on and people are still strewn over 3 maybe 4 different version of P3D each with their own unique "features" and you are giving up on V 1.9.3 of FS2020???  If people gave up on P3D at V1.1 we wouldn't be going on V5.1 and yet here we are with LM STILL trying to perfect things...  Maybe it's not quite time to throw the toys out of the pram quite yet?

Hi Psolk...I'm going to be three miles out,  in an MSFS holding pattern...(smile),  and revisit in 6 months to a year. Until then...I have P3D v4.5, v5.x, and XP11, which once more, shall fill my simming endeavors.  No weeping about that...they are still prime sims to give me some great visual and technical moments. MSFS is just not ready for Prime Time (stable version release) , and certainly, with the bugs delivered on August 18th...was not an RTM 'honest' release to the wild. Not for the AAA price they (Microsoft) charged.  I will hold my ground.  I feel defrauded and 'played' by both Microsoft, and Asobo. I don't ask anybody else to align. I am stating on a public forum, how I feel...as one who purchased the product, and three patches in, no longer resembles what I laid my money down for...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

14 hours ago, airlinejets said:

You could have at least temporarily removed your Prepar3d banner.

LOL, I’ve had banners removed on my forum settings for so long I don’t know what mine says...

Would you be surprised to know that I’m using MSFS everyday? 

I can use the software and complain about it at the same time... in an effort to improve it. Defending Asobo and MS over obvious problems and limitations will NOT help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

2 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

LOL, I’ve had banners removed on my forum settings for so long I don’t know what mine says...

Would you be surprised to know that I’m using MSFS everyday? 

I can use the software and complain about it at the same time... in an effort to improve it. Defending Asobo and MS over obvious problems and limitations will NOT help.

"Shout if from the mountain top, Pmanhart!"  Bang on...."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eslader said:

You guys who are seeing bad graphics... Check to make sure the bing data / photogram wasn't turned off. It turned itself on for me once, and everything looked like garbage. Still haven't figured out why it did that.

Noted, and thank you for your input!

10 minutes ago, eslader said:

I've been doing my flying tests out of my home town airport, and there is no photogrammetry at all in this area. The Google Earth and Bing maps show just a flat 2D ortho image as well.

I suspect that the problems we're discussing might not be as apparent in areas like cities with photogrammetry buildings, for some reason. I noticed as far back as the Alpha, that I saw more ground texture pop-in away from photogrammetry areas. Cities and towns with photogrammetry showed almost no artifacts.

Maybe this is why some people are saying they're seeing no problems with pop-in and blurred terrain, and others are seeing it? 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

Maybe this is why some people are saying they're seeing no problems with pop-in and blurred terrain, and others are seeing it? 

That would make sense. I do most of my flying in photogrammetry areas. I'll have to try to hunt up some ortho areas to see if I see the pop-ins, because I usually notice that stuff right away and haven't really seen any.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Some of this surfaced in the Greek letter not allowed. Even in the RTM version, it was obvious to me that the autogen popping that was present in FSX was still extent in MSFS because unlike P3d, autogen loading was not batched. This is a performance issue and changes needed to be made. Whatever the impetus was, Asobo decided that performance on a wide range of hardware needed to be improved and this was their temporary solution.

And before anyone thinks that discussion of this issue is localized to AVSim, check out r/MicrosoftFlightSimulator and the official MSFS forums. People are generally unhappy with patch 3. I can tell you also that the new SDK release 0.6.0.0 also introduced new major bugs. I'm beginning to wonder whether the Asobo team working on MSFS has either been reduced in size or maybe different people are now assigned to maintaining the sim.

I felt the same 'feeling' about a week ago....that there might have been some firing's, or 'exits' from the Dev Lineup...it just seems to me, that the patches are showing a ship, that has lost its rudder....

5 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

That would be a really nice thing if i have to re-install this "word-not-allowed" with my 8Mbit-DSL line.

8Mbit?  Oh lord...God bless you!  

6 hours ago, Slides said:

"Flight simmers: give us this thing we want

Asobo: gives the thing they want

Flight simmers: RAAAAAGEEEE"

Rinse and repeat

Every simmer loves a couple of CTD’s at day. So sweat. 

5 hours ago, Huascar said:

You can always go back to the cartoonish looking p3d. Just give it some time. Things will be sorted out.

Huascar, as always, I respect anybody else's viewpoint.  I have already made that decision,  and while I would very much prefer the MSFS approach to world population,  over synthetic  land-class...I took a month long absence flight out of the P3D v5.x Orbx PNW...took off from a fantastically rendered nVidia WaterWorks v2.0 lake scene with wind at 17 knots....and slipped right back into the happy dance.  So...I can park MSFS for a 6 month period to a year...and let is percolate on the sim back burner....and have my legacy sims do the magic. Yes...that is the plan.  If MSFS and its Devs, can restore the visuals to what I was teased-enticed with (RTM visuals)...to drop the coin...I would be right back into the MSFS 172 Glass...and moving on out to the active.  Until they get their (word not allowed) finally together....the active will be in P3D and XP11.  I've vented (which is healthy for the Soul), and now can put MSFS behind the stern for now. I'll see the 'dock' on the round trip...:)  Enjoy your experience!

5 minutes ago, aleex said:

Every simmer loves a couple of CTD’s at day. So sweat. 

That's ok, just use the autosave function like the one that exists in every modern game.

Oh wait, nevermind, there is none so you just lost all your flight's progress and get to start over from scratch again!!!

Sesquashtoo, hope you're watchin the Twitch with the devs. As much as I complain, I think I'm finally buying into the effort. Sounds promising on everything they talked about so far.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |