Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

The sim, is now merely an RTM (to date) BAIT AND SWITCH.

The (word NOT allowed) Dev's have SCALPED the LOD radius again, it seems by again in this 3rd patch--->HALF AS MUCH more than what was scalped in the 2nd patch!  I am so disgusted with this sim....

Since RTM visuals...I have 25 percent of the content to the screen as seen if the plane is the epicenter.  Look at this shot...with both LOD's at 200...trees and forestry doesn't even form 2-5 stinking miles from my aircraft...with the world beyond five miles absolutely BARREN...except for ground textures.  At RTM, this area...had forestry and farm buildings practically to the horizon!   This...is simply and utterly, DISGUSTING!!!!   

I paid $183 (CDN) dollars, to have the Dev's with each patch/MSFS LOBOTOMY....ever increasingly GUT, the visuals of this flight sim world?!?!?   For what...in the name of FPS 'performance'?  I'm done...as of this moment, I am just writing off my purchase as another Microsoft  fiasco.   I never signed up for the Dev's to keep GUTTING the program visuals with each patch and worst YET....a forced patch....

Done...and I'm truly done with ANYTHING that has, or is produced under the Microsoft Flight Sim Banner.  I'm sorry....but they (ABSOBO/Microsoft) should have CLEARLY made it stated, that they will alter the program visuals and feature list, at any time post RTM.  They should have HAD this disclaimer...

$183.00 CDN...now not WORTH the cost for the latest visuals with the sim at Ultra...

Yes...I'm venting...and will only do it once...but as for MSFS, now...so gutted with the last two patches...FORCED patches...I have lost total interest in this flight simulator...and the money?   Paid out to finally have learned my lesson with anything tagged Microsoft!   Expensive lesson...

Screenshot-777.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 8

Are you not able to adjust the LOD?

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

12 minutes ago, samcan said:

This is apples to apples..in the scenery radius lobotomy, with both LOD sliders always from RTM set to 200.   It just gets worse and worse with the dumbing down of this sim's world visuals.  P3D is looking better and better, with EACH patch of MSFS.  I have 25 percent now, of the A.I. and forestry placements as I did with RTM day...and again...as a proper base-line...both LOD's set to 200, from day one.  Look at that 200 setting visual...forestry and A.I. isn't even forming past 3-5 visual miles.  The so called MSFS 'world' no longer looks so real, so immersive as it did on the day it was released.   

My $183.00's signed up for the teaser release screen shots from Alpha/Beta users,...my $183.00 did NOT sign up for what the Dev's now have shoved down my usage-throat.  Forced updates...what a (word TOTALLY not allowed!) that is....and thank gawd,  L.M (P3D) has not gone that route...EVER!~

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What is particularly odd is the picture attached looks exactly as the window out of an airplane looks in real life.

CJ

• Like 27
  • Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The sim, is now merely an RTM (to date) BAIT AND SWITCH.

The (word NOT allowed) Dev's have SCALPED the LOD radius again, it seems by again in this 3rd patch--->HALF AS MUCH more than what was scalped in the 2nd patch!  I am so disgusted with this sim....

Have you tried this?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/585970-how-to-increase-lod-beyond-the-max-in-the-ui/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

What is particularly odd is the picture attached looks exactly as the window out of an airplane looks in real life.

CJ

Not in my real life experience...and I fly real world, quite a lot...  the world upon the terrain, doesn't end 3 miles from the plane...but perhaps in your view, it does. I grant that...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

This thing is not a software in development, it's just a moving target, albeit one with potential. They should have given us Alpha Testers half a year more to test everything before release. But guess what, there will be a word not allowed at MS who earned a massive bonus for releasing it now. 

Edited by hjsmuc
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hans

13 minutes ago, samcan said:

Sure, but the issue appears to be that they're changing how much LOD you see "under the hood," so the same adjustment doesn't show as much now. 

The patch also changed my LOD setting from 100 to 25. What I saw on the first flight immediately let me know something had changed. Even at my previous setting of 100, I think I'm seeing more blurred terrain in the middle distance than before the patch, and there is more building and tree pop-in closer to the plane.

Not enough to make me quit the sim in anger, I'm pretty relaxed about an early release like this, but it's noticeable.

8 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

I'm familiar with what it looks like at low-level as a retired commercial photographer who did a ton of aerial jobs in light planes and helicopters. Haze in different parts of the world is also a factor. 

Anyway, people will have different opinions on whether the outside view looks realistic or not in a flight sim, but one thing you never see in real life is trees and buildings popping into view in the middle distance. It's more noticeable now at the same LOD settings (100 in my case).

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

22 minutes ago, F737NG said:

No, not yet, and thank YOU F737NG,  for offering that, but my vent...is for a user to NOT have to dig into the cfg file...to 'try' and bring back a semblance of what the sim visualized on RTM (August 18th,2020).  But, thank you!

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Sure, but the issue appears to be that they're changing how much LOD you see "under the hood," so the same adjustment doesn't show as much now.

I'm wondering if they did this on purpose, deciding that the original settings were too intensive for computers right now. Given that they state they're supporting this game for 10 years, they probably expect to have the game be a bit too much for computers right now to handle, but that over time computers will catch up.

Kind of like how "But can it run Crysis?" was the joke of the mid-aughts but now you could run Crysis on a toaster.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

I've stared at your screenshot multiple times and everytime my eyes and brain says "that looks pretty good to me"........maybe you need to take a break and have a kitkat?  🙂

• Like 14
  • Upvote 7

Thomas Derbyshire

You should never take away the graphics fidelity from the masses, it should be a slider option,it's like giving a baby a new toy and taking it the next day and replacing with a stick

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Did you expect a complex product as a flight sim to work flawless from day one? MSFS is way ahead of any sim in the market already. It's the base for others to build upon. It will take time and more patches to fix all the problems. No offense, but  f you cannot take it, then go back to P3D or X-Plane and wait until then. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1