Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Has the building generation changed?

I only ask because all of a sudden, in the area I fly in the UK there seems to be a lot more tall buildings where there wern't before.  Even some of the small villages have sprouted 3 or 4 story tower blocks in places...

This might be me, but i don't think so and it doesn't look right now, where it did before.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yep, I noticed autogen had some changes in the previous patch too, lots of buildings have been replaced with ones that look objectively worse/incorrect and oriented differently to those at launch. Possibly via blackshark or OSM? It's impossible to tell as Asobo don't list everything in the changelog.

Edited by viz

Bernard

I live in a small town in Pennsylvania. The scenery looked amazing before the patch. Now there are giant buildings everywhere and it looks completely ridiculous. Very disappointed, I was looking forward to enjoying the sim with the new patch this evening. Don't even feel like flying now. 

Really hope we don't have to wait several weeks for a fix...

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That sucks I live in a small PA town also havent flown there since the patch guess ill check it out soon.

Guys, relax... I mean what flight simulator has ever worked after:

[x] 1 day
[x] 1 week
[ ] 1 month     <------ we are here
[ ] 3 months
[ ] 6 months
[ ] 1 year

Edited by langly
  • Like 4

Ya I noticed small Pennsylvania towns look more urban with high rise apartment buildings.

51 minutes ago, langly said:

[x] 1 day
[x] 1 week
[ ] 3 months
[ ] 6 months
[ ] 1 year

I get it but for those of us that have been enjoying this sim for it's beauty, this is a giant step backward and enough to make me not want to fly. Same issue here... It would just be nice to see three steps forward, two steps back with these patches instead of the other way around. 

-Travis

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Can I add Southern Vancouver Island to the list?

Looks VERY out of place ☹️

Bert

1 hour ago, langly said:

[x] 1 day
[x] 1 week
[ ] 3 months
[ ] 6 months
[ ] 1 year

Well the thing is, I was happy with Flight Simulator before today's patch. The scenery looked great. Now it looks completely awful. The patch should never have been released until this newly created problem was fixed. It demonstrates the lack of quality control. Yes, we don't expect all bugs to be fixed instantly, but I mean come on, a patch shouldn't essentially ruin the game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Well if they have messed up my "abode" from 20 years ago, that I just located yesterday, I'm gonna be miffed. 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

11 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Which they did and ruined what was working for the last 2 patches. 

A simple 30 second test would have concluded that the patch was not ready to be released.

• Upvote 3