Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Has the building generation changed?

16 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ehm, you should not try to construct a meaning out of my post if you are obviously not capable of doing so. All I am saying is that having a scenery installed on my local drive and including handmade adjustments to include POIs and stuff is currently still better than streamed scenery using AI to do the job.

But then I read the last posts you did here on avsim and all my potential questions are answered...

Streaming is the future. You are of course free to stick with your local copies of the entire planet but the future is pretty clear, warts and all.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Nope, did not install the Japan scenery.

No Japan install for me either, but I should have added that I had not flown to Tofino before the latest patch, so large bldgs could have been there all along.

This is probably covered in another thread, but tree generation has definitely changed. Ultra trees now feel like Low trees. 😞

Now I need to find that thread so I can weep and gnash my teeth in the appropriate venue.

• Like 1

Trees look like in FSX now (well, nearly).

Flying this sim is no fun anymore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, darem said:

Trees look like in FSX now (well, nearly).

Flying this sim is no fun anymore.

I agree. Loaded it last night and it just looked awful compared to pre patch. I just exited and did something else instead. Patches are supposed to make things better, not worse.

• Like 2

Weird thing is yes I am getting the bigger buildings which ironically makes the main street of my home town look more accurate, but fills the suburbs with crazy multi storey apartment blocks instead of bungalows.  My own single floor 2 bedroom apartment now has 3 stories and a penthouse.

BUT, the trees look no different and I had to reapply the changes to reduce there height as they reverted to being way too tall with the patch.

Not sure the difference though it may be that I rarely fly higher than 9.00 feet so maybe the issue only shows upat high altitudes ?

I don't think it's this patch that is directly causing this issue. 

I think Blackshark . AI pushed a server side update on how certain building styles would draw to work better for the Japan pack. The problem is it's also drawing these buildings everywhere else. 

The good thing is that it should be relatively easy to correct. They certainly have a log of what changes they've made.

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I can't really see a difference in the LOD details pre-patch 3 and post-patch 3 at a value of 100 for both terrain detail and building detail and a tree setting of medium at 1920x1080. I do, however, also see some taller buildings here and there where they shouldn't be so tall down in Melbourne, Australia. And I did clear my rolling cache prior to doing any flight post-patch 3 as I was thinking about this as well. I guess some of the new Japan assets caused the AI to bypass the actual height profile of these buildings and instead just generate based on possibly a range of pre-defined heights instead.

Edited by Honnli

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

16 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I think Blackshark . AI pushed a server side update on how certain building styles would draw to work better for the Japan pack. The problem is it's also drawing these buildings everywhere else. 

The good thing is that it should be relatively easy to correct. They certainly have a log of what changes they've made.

What I am thinking as well. This may need refresh from the server side. Will be an interesting use case to see if Blackshark / Asobo can update this in real time...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I hope you are right.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Honnli said:

I can't really see a difference in the LOD details pre-patch 3 and post-patch 3 at a value of 100 for both terrain detail and building detail and a tree setting of medium at 1920x1080.

Same (I used 200 / 200). All I can think is that the sim settings may have been reset by the patch (in the cfg but not the UI?)...

I just checked ENGM / OSL airport. The central area now looks more like Las Vegas than a medium sized European airport. 

But I can't seem to figure out how to post the screenshot, even though I've uploaded it to Imgur.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s