Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

40 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Hi Bert.

I'd need to look at it in a little more detail, but from what I've examined of how the flight plan logic interacts with the sim's GPS code I think that 1 is probably not doable, although we can certainly verify that.   I feel like 2 should be able to be done, though, with a little work.   I'll put it on the TODO. 🙂

I've been out of software for enough years that I'll ask you instead of digging through the code 🙂 ...

Does MSFS2020 purely replicate the look and feel of the G1000 or are they running any of Garmin's software and emulating (even portions)?  Seeing that you have had to spend time doing more "menial" tasks like fonts and colors, I'm guessing that it has been 100% replicated within MSFS2020.  Also Garmin probably doesn't want their software out there for others to get their hands on.

That being said - how much have you worked through your changes from either G1000 knowledge, YouTube videos, etc? Versus going through the Garmin G1000 manual?  I'm not trying to critique (you are crushing it) but from the world of re-creating for simulation, the manuals are invaluable.  Just my 2 cents that are probably known and not needed

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

9 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

Does MSFS2020 purely replicate the look and feel of the G1000 or are they running any of Garmin's software and emulating (even portions)?  Seeing that you have had to spend time doing more "menial" tasks like fonts and colors, I'm guessing that it has been 100% replicated within MSFS2020.  Also Garmin probably doesn't want their software out there for others to get their hands on.

It's 100% new code -- the bits in the UI are written entirely in HTML/JS/CSS with some XML used for data stores.   And the real core autopilot logic is even deeper and lives in the sim engine itself.  There's a fair bit of legacy there.  It even uses FS9 function calls for some of what it does. 

11 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

That being said - how much have you worked through your changes from either G1000 knowledge, YouTube videos, etc? Versus going through the Garmin G1000 manual?  I'm not trying to critique (you are crushing it) but from the world of re-creating for simulation, the manuals are invaluable.  Just my 2 cents that are probably known and not needed

I have a G1000 trainer and a whole handful of manuals for various installations, and they've been used for a lot of reference.   We also have a couple pilots on the team who have provided valuable information, as well as a couple other members of the community with a lot of time on the G1000 giving advice.  So the goal for accuracy is fairly high, but always keeping in mind that this is a sim with a very different interface from the real thing and sometimes you need to make a concession to usability.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

It's 100% new code -- the bits in the UI are written entirely in HTML/JS/CSS with some XML used for data stores.   And the real core autopilot logic is even deeper and lives in the sim engine itself.  There's a fair bit of legacy there.  It even uses FS9 function calls for some of what it does. 

I have a G1000 trainer and a whole handful of manuals for various installations, and they've been used for a lot of reference.   We also have a couple pilots on the team who have provided valuable information, as well as a couple other members of the community with a lot of time on the G1000 giving advice.  So the goal for accuracy is fairly high, but always keeping in mind that this is a sim with a very different interface from the real thing and sometimes you need to make a concession to usability.

Thanks for the comment back!  I was more curious than anything on how you all are tackling this and turning it around so quickly.  I didn't know G1000 trainers were a thing - i'll have to take a look at that.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

7 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Did you get the message that it's knocked out Synthetic Vision for the TBM and the King Air. . .?

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Did you get the message that it's knocked out Synthetic Vision for the TBM and the King Air. . .?

I did, yeah, thanks.  I noted a little bit above that I have a fix for this and once I get a couple more of the priority bugs resolved I'll be releasing an update for it.

• Like 2

Just now, kaosfere said:

I did, yeah, thanks.  I noted a little bit above that I have a fix for this and once I get a couple more of the priority bugs resolved I'll be releasing an update for it.

That's great news. 

I'm loving the PROCS - they're working so perfectly.

• Like 2

kaosfere, I sent you a pm regarding g1000 documentation. Hope you received it.  Keep up the good work. 

• Like 2

Z370 Gaming Trident X | Intel i7-9700K | RAM 32.0 GB | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Can't thank you enough for this, as I prepare to set out on an around the world flight in the G36.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On 9/29/2020 at 11:10 PM, kaosfere said:

I'm happy an announce that our compatibility update for the Working Title G1000 is also our full release of new version 0.3. 

I am getting an error when I attempt to position the mod into the Community folder.  Has to do with the length of filenames (paths).  When MFS installed I let it stay with it's default installation location.  How do I overcome this?  The full path to my Community folder is:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

image.png.e88c0ff4561da84fbdae56fd27456fbe.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unzip it within the Community folder. I had the same, it was driving me nuts. Then a light came on.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am very happy with what you have done.  Thank you! 🙂

My top two peeves with the current Garmins is that the two "memory items" that I rely on when flying flightplans do not work..

1.  Highlight a waypoint on any page, and push DTO Enter Enter

2.  Highlight a waypoint on the flightplan page and push Menu Activate Leg Enter

For 1. the waypoint name is lost when pushing DTO

For 2. the first item on offer is "Delete Flight Plan"..

This may be buried deep insider the legacy GPS code, but if you see any way to improve either one of these, it would be much appreciated!

These are some of the main things that irritate me and unrelistic things about the default Garmins. ATC gives a DTO and its a ..Uhhh negative. 🙂

Got some oddness. if I choose an airport by NEAREST->APT->DIRECT TO->ACTIVATE and then try approach PROC->SELECT APPROACH-> ACTIVATE, approach is not loading or activating and DIRECT TO magenta line disappear. However, CDI still tracking selected airport by DIRECT TO

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Love the changes.

3 hours ago, kaosfere said:

And the real core autopilot logic is even deeper and lives in the sim engine itself. 

OK, so I have to ask if your magic can work to accomplish this for the G1000.

If, while in the sim, and you load a flight plan, the FIRST time a plan is loaded, both the PFD and MFD get the flight plan.  However,  the second and subsequent times a flight plan is loaded, only ther PFD gets it.  The MFD remains on flight plan #1.  Therefore, the flight plan can be navigated, but the map and other stuff on the MFD is worthless.

Can your magic "REFRESH the MFD" to read the flight plan the is currently stored in the G1000?  This would be huge, because any user of a G1000 aircraft can load in a new flight plan without exiting to the main menu and starting fresh.  We could land, load in the next leg, and go.  This could be done within the sim using ESC-LOAD, or with a 3rd party loader such as FSUIPC.  Actually, using FSUIPC, it could even be done in flight.

Would love to know if it's possible.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Unzip it within the Community folder. I had the same, it was driving me nuts. Then a light came on.

You're the man Ron!  That worked!  After some trials and tribulations as my zip program kept crashing.  So I downloaded another zip program and bingo!  All good!  Thank you!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere