Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

Anyone else getting a narrow flickering around the edges of the display on the MFD and PFD?  So far I only see it on the displays of the Baron and Bonanza.  See the left edge and bottom edge in the image below.  You can see the traces in the screen shot.  When running those edges are flickering.  The C172 and DA60 are ok.

image.png.58c8e878bfd111972fe8e7241afdf63c.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

I am getting an error when I attempt to position the mod into the Community folder.  Has to do with the length of filenames (paths).  When MFS installed I let it stay with it's default installation location.  How do I overcome this?  The full path to my Community folder is:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

image.png.e88c0ff4561da84fbdae56fd27456fbe.png

I also have this problem. and also have my sim installed on another drive. D just like yours. It seems for those who have the sim installed on a drive other than default usually get this Destination Path Too Long error. You have to extract the file directly into the Community folder, and not just drag it in there.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I also get the flickering. I don't know what is causing it. I tried all kinds of different graphic settings but no joy.

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Got some oddness. if I choose an airport by NEAREST->APT->DIRECT TO->ACTIVATE and then try approach PROC->SELECT APPROACH-> ACTIVATE, approach is not loading or activating and DIRECT TO magenta line disappear. However, CDI still tracking selected airport by DIRECT TO

Had this a few ours ago in the default 208, no g1000 mod installed.

So it's an MSFS issue, not from the mod.

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

11 hours ago, captain420 said:

I also have this problem. and also have my sim installed on another drive. D just like yours. It seems for those who have the sim installed on a drive other than default usually get this Destination Path Too Long error. You have to extract the file directly into the Community folder, and not just drag it in there.

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

I am getting an error when I attempt to position the mod into the Community folder.  Has to do with the length of filenames (paths).  When MFS installed I let it stay with it's default installation location.  How do I overcome this?  The full path to my Community folder is:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

image.png.e88c0ff4561da84fbdae56fd27456fbe.png

It is a very, very old  windows problem!!

you can try this but be sure to make a backup of your registry before...

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

why not just extract the folder to the desktop and move it into the community folder?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Anyone else getting a FPS hit when looking at the panels in the cockpit?

James

1 hour ago, P_R_S said:

It is a very, very old  windows problem!!

you can try this but be sure to make a backup of your registry before...

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

It's already enabled by default for me. Still doesn't fix the annoying Destination Path filename too long issue.

@vgbaron that method doesn't work either. It still complains that the Destination Path filename is too long.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It's already enabled by default for me. Still doesn't fix the annoying Destination Path filename too long issue.

@vgbaron that method doesn't work either. It still complains that the Destination Path filename is too long.

ok, then the only way would be using the "robocopy" command from a command prompt but probably reinstall everithing in a shorter path like D:\MSFS is a better solution....

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

You're the man Ron!  That worked!  After some trials and tribulations as my zip program kept crashing.  So I downloaded another zip program and bingo!  All good!  Thank you!

It's lovely when you stop having to bang your head against the wall eh?

Why is that instruction not given in the download readme I don't know. All you get is either 'Just drag it into the Community folder' or 'Just' copy and paste.

EDIT: Seems like you're the only one to read my post Frank. 🙂

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, P_R_S said:

ok, then the only way would be using the "robocopy" command from a command prompt but probably reinstall everithing in a shorter path like D:\MSFS is a better solution....

Did none of you see Ron Attwood's very simple solution.  It worked just fine.  No "word not allowed" uninstall/reinstall to a new shorter depth folder, no "word not allowed" registry hack.  Just plain and simple.  That simple solution is one page back in this topic.  Done!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

You can shorten the folder name, and it will work.

Bert

20 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Got some oddness. if I choose an airport by NEAREST->APT->DIRECT TO->ACTIVATE and then try approach PROC->SELECT APPROACH-> ACTIVATE, approach is not loading or activating and DIRECT TO magenta line disappear. However, CDI still tracking selected airport by DIRECT TO

That is just one of many things that do not work correctly... the Garmins are in need of a serious overhaul, and now Microsoft/Asobo are saying that they are going to attempt to do just that (based on user feedback..)

We will all have to be patient 🙂

Bert

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

why not just extract the folder to the desktop and move it into the community folder?

Still get the error when you move.. You have to shorten the folder name after unzipping, and you are good..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert