Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

14 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is just one of many things that do not work correctly... the Garmins are in need of a serious overhaul, and now Microsoft/Asobo are saying that they are going to attempt to do just that (based on user feedback..)

We will all have to be patient 🙂

I'm aware of that! But while we are waiting, G1000 moders enhance  stock G1000. They are already have done an excellent job, I just want them to be aware of direct to vs proc issue.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm aware of that! But while we are waiting, G1000 moders enhance  stock G1000. They are already have done an excellent job, I just want them to be aware of direct to vs proc issue.

Totally agree... if they can fix up some of the issues in the meantime... I'll be cheering!

🙂

Bert

When using the C172, how do I close the data window on the right side of the MFB? I can clear all the inputs but can't seem to close the window. Probably a simple issue, but I'm stumped.

It worked before the mod. Thanks

OK.   I have a build that will fix the G3000 synthetic vision and the issue that has been reported with WPT/NRST map pages on the MFD overflowing the window when in track up.

I'm flagging it as a pre-release as I'd like to let folks who have been having problems confirm that it works for them before I make it "official".   If it takes care of those two problems for everyone I'll make it official and then we can work on the remaining handful of less urgent bugs.

Please make sure to delete the existing directory before installing this update.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.1-pre1/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1-pre1.zip

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can shorten the folder name, and it will work.

What folder do I rename? And Do i need to rename it back after I have moved the files/folder? I'm afraid to rename the folders because I have the MS store bought version. I don't want it to cause any potential problems in the future because of this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

What folder do I rename? And Do i need to rename it back after I have moved the files/folder? I'm afraid to rename the folders because I have the MS store bought version. I don't want it to cause any potential problems in the future because of this.

Pretty sure kaosfere is referring just to his mod folder;  workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1-pre1

to something like g1000fix

Just to report in on Version 0.3.1 - pre1 Kaosfere.

The Garmin 1000's are working seriously nicely in those airframes equipped with the mod.

The G3000 in the KIng Air is still without synthetic vision - you can see just a narrow strip down each side - pic) and we've lost CRS selection on the MCP. You can tune the NAV to the VOR and it shows on the CFI but you can't use the CRS knob to select a radial.

later edit; sorry kaosfere I was mistaken; the VOR/ NAV and CRS selector are all working fine.

It's just the synthetic vision that's missing.

fdgdfgd.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can shorten the folder name, and it will work.

So these mods are not otherwise dependent on their specific root folder name?  The name of just that folder that appears in the Community folder?
So a folder name like "drzewieckidesign-washingtonliteairports" need not retain that long folder name as long as underlying folders within it are not renamed?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So these mods are not otherwise dependent on their specific root folder name?  The name of just that folder that appears in the Community folder?
So a folder name like "drzewieckidesign-washingtonliteairports" need not retain that long folder name as long as underlying folders within it are not renamed?

Correct

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Correct

Well attempted to position the  v3.1 mod after shortening the name to just WTG1000 and I still got the error.  After some trial and error I needed to shorten the mod folder name to a simple one character name of "w".  Two characters "wt" was still too long for one file, the one with the deepest folder location and longest filename.  Should add that once successfully copied, the mod folder can be renamed to its original name.

The errors pertain to a long folder path and file names in nested folders below it.  Each of those folders hold a single .js file.  Here is a look at the path to one of those three, with a filename of XMLEngineDisplay.js 

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\workingtitle-G1000\html_ui\WorkingTitle\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\Shared\Templates\XMLEngineDisplay\XMLEngineDisplay.js.

So shortening the mod folder name does indeed work for me with this mod. But just barely. Just wonder if some of the folder names within the mod can be shortened during the next development process.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Well attempted to position the  v3.1 mod after shortening the name to just WTG1000 and I still got the error.  After some trial and error I needed to shorten the mod folder name to a simple one character name of "w".  Two characters "wt" was still too long for one file, the one with the deepest folder location and longest filename.  Should add that once successfully copied, the mod folder can be renamed to its original name.

The errors pertain to a long folder path and file names in nested folders below it.  Each of those folders hold a single .js file.  Here is a look at the path to one of those three, with a filename of XMLEngineDisplay.js 

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\workingtitle-G1000\html_ui\WorkingTitle\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\Shared\Templates\XMLEngineDisplay\XMLEngineDisplay.js.

So shortening the mod folder name does indeed work for me with this mod. But just barely. Just wonder if some of the folder names within the mod can be shortened during the next development process.

Try un-zipping the file in the Community folder itself. Other folks have reported that by-passes that error.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Try un-zipping the file in the Community folder itself. Other folks have reported that by-passes that error.

Yes.  That is a page or two back in the topic where Ron Attwood pointed that out and I reported back that it worked for me.  These recent messages have been about trying a different method of shortening the name of the mod's root folder.  That too works, but not in the case where there is are long branches of subfolders, ending with a file or two with also long names.

What developers should pay attention to, where they are able, is the length of those underlying subfolder names and/or filenames.  Again, where they are able.

Frank Patton
ASUS