Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

I had the issue again last night where the PFD locks up. It was described in detail earlier in this thread, but the gist of it is the screen locks up and stops updating things like altitude, airspeed and more. 

I found when this happened...it happened exactly when the flight plan switched over to the approach. I was able to clear it however simply by clicking the flight plan softkey on the PFD (not the right side MFD) and display the flight plan on the PFD. That immediately unfreezes the display and all is well after that. 

• Like 1

I tried this in the Bonanza this morning, and had no working engine instrumentation. The issue is probably behind the yoke but I ask here just in case. Is it only for the 172?

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

27 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I tried this in the Bonanza this morning, and had no working engine instrumentation.

Did you try with the latest pre-release?    This fixes broken engine instruments in the Bonanza:  https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.1-pre2/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1-pre2.zip

If no other major issues pop up I'll be releasing that as the final 0.3.1 shortly.

Regarding the lockups, I've seen folks report this, but I've also seen plenty of people reporting that the stock avionics lock up, too. 😞   I'm very willing to help troubleshoot and make sure it's not this mod but that's a hard one to pin down.   If you have a reliable way to get it to lock so that we can reproduce it, and it does not lock when you use the stock G1000, that would really help a lot.

Rob-

I'll give that a go, ta!  

I remain obliged- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Did you try with the latest pre-release?    This fixes broken engine instruments in the Bonanza:  https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.1-pre2/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1-pre2.zip

If no other major issues pop up I'll be releasing that as the final 0.3.1 shortly.

Regarding the lockups, I've seen folks report this, but I've also seen plenty of people reporting that the stock avionics lock up, too. 😞   I'm very willing to help troubleshoot and make sure it's not this mod but that's a hard one to pin down.   If you have a reliable way to get it to lock so that we can reproduce it, and it does not lock when you use the stock G1000, that would really help a lot.

I don't  think its your mod. or any mod that's the problem, as I have the lockup and switches turning themselves on and off; even after I have removed all mods. 

i think its a bug introduced with the latest patch. For me the workaround is to make the changes in the graphics setting re generic airplanes.

• Like 2

Robin

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Just flew a very nice flight in the Bonanza with this latest version.. no issues.. 🙂

Track up, Synth Vision off... just lovely..

Thanks!

• Like 4

Bert

New update.

We have a new version that takes care of the two biggest bugs that were reported with v0.3.0 -- the broken synthetic vision on G3000s and map overflows on WPT/NRST pages when running track (I mean heading) up.

As part of the solution to the G3000 problem this update does something we have been meaning to do for a while.  It moves any of the files we touch that are shared between avionics or airframes into their own location where only modified code can access them.  This will avoid the sort of conflict we saw with the G3000 synvis.  It will also improve our compatibility with other mods out there, and hopefully serve as a good example for others to follow.  🙂 

For this reason everyone who has v0.3.0 is encouraged to upgrade to v0.3.1.   Please be sure to delete your existing `workingtitle-g1000` directory before installing this if you haven't already tried the pre-releases.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.1/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1.zip

(This release is exactly the same as the second pre-release.  If you had -pre2 installed, you don't need to update at all.)

[Dear mod team, can i get an assist in updating the first post of the thread to link to this message and maybe include that zip link?   Thanks!]

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

New update.

We have a new version that takes care of the two biggest bugs that were reported with v0.3.0 -- the broken synthetic vision on G3000s and map overflows on WPT/NRST pages when running track (I mean heading) up.

As part of the solution to the G3000 problem this update does something we have been meaning to do for a while.  It moves any of the files we touch that are shared between avionics or airframes into their own location where only modified code can access them.  This will avoid the sort of conflict we saw with the G3000 synvis.  It will also improve our compatibility with other mods out there, and hopefully serve as a good example for others to follow.  🙂 

For this reason everyone who has v0.3.0 is encouraged to upgrade to v0.3.1.   Please be sure to delete your existing `workingtitle-g1000` directory before installing this if you haven't already tried the pre-releases.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.1/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1.zip

(This release is exactly the same as the second pre-release.  If you had -pre2 installed, you don't need to update at all.)

[Dear mod team, can i get an assist in updating the first post of the thread to link to this message and maybe include that zip link?   Thanks!]

Nice timing literally just UN-installed the CJ4 mod and the G1000 and G3000 advanced TBM mods. A/P was not working correctly nor was the AI. After UN-installing things are back to working as before.

Not sure which mod was the culprit do you have any ida or know of any conflicts?.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

16 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Not sure which mod was the culprit do you have any ida or know of any conflicts?.

Can't really tell from that problem description.    What was going on with AP and the AI?

57 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Can't really tell from that problem description.    What was going on with AP and the AI?

Would not liftoff the ground for starters. Full trim up. With or without AI on. With the A/P on it would fly off in a straight line, unable to track the magenta.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

OK, the silliest question. how do you install this patch/mod. I can not seem to find any install instructions.

Edited by trainnut

2 hours ago, trainnut said:

OK, the silliest question. how do you install this patch/mod. I can not seem to find any install instructions.

Get the workingtitle-g1000 zip file and drop the extracted folder into your community folder.

• Upvote 1

G1000 is kicking butt!

Do your G3000 mods cover King Air or only TBM? I flew the King Air last night and the Garmin felt like it was actually functioning. I’m assuming this was you! As always, just fantastic work. From what I saw the King Air has enough working now that I’m going to start flying it in VATSIM - thank you!

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since