Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

3 hours ago, zihmer001 said:

Do your G3000 mods cover King Air or only TBM?

This mod doesn't improve the G3000 any.    v0.3.0 caused a conflict with the G3000 which caused synthetic vision to go away and 0.3.1 restructured it to avoid that, but otherwise there are no changes.

@aznricepuff has a released a fabulous G3000 enhancement which we liked so much we've invited them to join the Working Title team so we can benefit from sharing code in two very similar devices.   But that's for future versions. 🙂

• Like 7

On 9/30/2020 at 5:10 AM, kaosfere said:

We were within a day or so of releasing the next version of the Working Title G1000 when today's update hit.   It didn't make sense to spend a lot of time patching code that was about to be made obsolete, so we have focused instead on integrating the changes from the new sim version into our development code and putting the finishing touches on releases for the G1000 and the CJ4.  After a fair bit of testing, I'm happy an announce that our compatibility update for the Working Title G1000 is also our full release of new version 0.3.  There is a long list of fixes and enhancements in this version;   a full inventory is available on github, but here is a quick tour of the key features:

Track-up mode

Everyone's long-awaited favorite, the track-up map mode, has arrived.  For simplicity's sake we have not implemented the full drill-down into the configuration menu that you normally need to make to toggle map orientation.  Instead, just hit the MAP soft key on the MFD and you'll find a toggle for it next up to the NEXRAD button.

Better brightness control

The previous version of the mod offered software brightness control but ran into some issues with planes which had hardware knobs for controlling avionics brightness.  Those required, in some cases, modifying the plane's `panel.xml`, which was both annoying and posed problems for the premium and third-party planes.

That is no longer an issue.  This version of the mod has new logic to read the configuration of the plane's interior model and use that to automatically determine which knob to listen to for control of avionics brightness.  Since this is done within the sim itself it works even with encrypted planes.

Autopilot fixes!

This version fixes what was perhaps the single most loathed behavior of the stock MSFS G1000:  its tendency to flip an unwanted U-turn back to the previous waypoint when activating an approach.  By careful application of our patented Unsuckotron(tm) we have managed to fix that.  You should no longer find yourself doing a Crazy Ivan when you activate an approach.  We also fixed a bug in which reversed the NOSE UP/DN buttons worked in FLC mode; they'll now behave as a sensible person would expect.

Persistent settings

We had a breakthrough during the development of this version when @tavip on github sent us a PR which demonstrated how to use a new in-sim data store that we had not yet had time to play with.  By using this we have been able to finally answer peoples' wish for a way to save their G1000 settings.  With this version numerous settings, including map orientation and brightness, will be saved between sessions.  No more changing the same thing every time you load a plane.   Amazing.

Extensible engine pages

We have enhanced the logic that drives the engine pages on the left side of the MFD.   No longer are you stuck with one simple page that is the same across all planes.  Now each plane is able to define its own set of pages and use an expanded selection of XML logic to enable it to better model real-world systems.  On top of that, we have taken the same functionality we added to allow us to detect hardware avionics knobs and applied it to loading these configurations from a standalone XML file.  This means it will be extremely simple to add custom panels to any plane without having to touch stock files -- even the commercial ones.

Graphical updates

Our UI experts have put a lot of effort into redoing a large chunk of the interface to bring it closer to reality.  You will find colors that are much more authentic along with adjustments to fonts and layout in a number of places that make your G1000 feel a little bit more like a real one.

There's plenty more to be discovered, but that's the highlights.  My suggestion would be to check out the G36 first:  it takes full advantage of our new extensible engine page code and shows off features that can be added to any other plane using the G1000 with just a little bit of work.   At I noted yesterday, the next version of the community G36 mod will be compatible with this feature out of the box, and I'm working with the folks behind the DA40-NGX project to get them hooked up as well.   There is documentation in the repo on how to enhance any G1000-equipped plane for those who may want to take on a little project of their own.

This is a huge update with a lot of changes following on a giant sim update with a lot of changes and there will probably be a few things that don't work quite right, but we'll do our best to get any incremental updates needed as soon as we can.  If you check it out and something doesn't seem quite right please let us know.

Enough talk, here you go:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g1000-v0.3.0

Have fun!

Thnak you a lot  for your excellent job !! i have installed immediately but it interfere with the avionics consolle of the TBM 930 ! some of the changes take effect but in example, the synthetic vision is off... and NORTH UP is blocked, insted for other aircradt that have g-1000 it function perfectly

Any suggestion ?

39 minutes ago, bozflyer said:

Any suggestion ?

Yeah, it sounds like you need to grab the latest version, in this post:

That will fix the G3000 issues.    I've asked for mod assistance in getting the original post updated so it's not so confusing.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, Romeo_Tango said:

i think its a bug introduced with the latest patch. For me the workaround is to make the changes in the graphics setting re generic airplanes.

This is correct. This is a in-sim, core/base bug. Several others are having the same issues and it's been acknowledged by the MSFS dev team. Based on what I've seen and read so far, it occurs mainly when you have AI, MP, AI ground vehicle, people, ground traffic etc to ON and have set Generic aircraft models for MP and AI to OFF.

@Tektolnes

20 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Get the workingtitle-g1000 zip file and drop the extracted folder into your community folder.

Thanks. I will give it a go

Kev

@kaosfere

FIRST- Thank-you!

Second- if I visit the first post after any of your announcements, will I always get the latest files from GitHub?

Third- cooperative development would be splendid. Sharing various talents, and producing a comprehensive single source solution.

FOURTH- Thank-you!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am installing it in the Common folder but when I get in a G1000 equipped plane both G1000 screens are black.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

wow this saved me so much frustration. I was going to go mad waiting until November when Asobo will (probably) make the dang thing reasonably functional

9 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am installing it in the Common folder but when I get in a G1000 equipped plane both G1000 screens are black.

Me too. Help please.

Mick

I'll do the obvious one first; You are switching battery on in the aircraft first?

Have you guys made sure you've deleted any past versions of the G1000 Mod from your Community folder if you had them.

Or have you got any other glass cockpit mods in your Community folder?

41 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'll do the obvious one first; You are switching battery on in the aircraft first?

Have you guys made sure you've deleted any past versions of the G1000 Mod from your Community folder if you had them.

Starting on the runway with engine running so yes battery is on.

No previous versions installed.

No cockpit mods in community folder.

Deleted workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1 folder. On reinstall I get this message:  

The filename(s) would be to long for the destination folder...

The altimeter folder is highlighted below the text.

On clicking cancel it appears to install the folder anyway but is obviously missing some elements.

Thanks for any help.

Mick

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Like the other poster above, starting on the runway with engines running and no mods except C152X and the Alaska and Missouri River scenery fixes. I have installed the G1000 Mod 3 times in 3 different ways.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

3 hours ago, mickatmian said:

Starting on the runway with engine running so yes battery is on.

No previous versions installed.

No cockpit mods in community folder.

Deleted workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.1 folder. On reinstall I get this message:  

The filename(s) would be to long for the destination folder...

The altimeter folder is highlighted below the text.

On clicking cancel it appears to install the folder anyway but is obviously missing some elements.

Thanks for any help.

Mick

Okay. You need to do it again;

1) Delete the G1000 Mod from the Community folder you have there currently.

2) Un-zip the Mod zip file IN the Community folder itself.

That seems to work around the' long filename problem' people have been having with this mod.

12 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Okay. You need to do it again;

1) Delete the G1000 Mod from the Community folder you have there currently.

2) Un-zip the Mod zip file IN the Community folder itself.

That seems to work around the' long filename problem' people have been having with this mod.

Works fine. thankyou for the help.

Will reset the windows registry long file names key to 0  as the work round for long file names did not work.

Mick

Two things...may or may not relate but I'm going to ask:

1) Can I put things into the community folder when at the Main Menu, or does it require a restart of MSFS2020?

2) I fly VATSIM, so I always start cold and dark.  Typically, I turn on the battery and tune my radios.  Last night, when I set Standby Com 1, I pressed transfer, and it swapped the frequency for about 1 second, then it reverted.  No matter what I did, I could not get a new frequency to be accepted.  I did this in the Bonanza G36, Baron G58, King Air, and TMB930.  Anyone else seen anything like this?

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since