Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 (1.9.3.0 compatible)

I think I have it fixed. Used Winrar instead of Winzip (older version) and I now have the screens. Go figure.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

8 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

I think I have it fixed. Used Winrar instead of Winzip (older version) and I now have the screens. Go figure.

I was using Winrar also. Have now deleted it from my system and reverted to winzip.

All working as it should and a lesson learned.

Thanks Mick 

I am just the opposite. WinZip was the one that DIDN"T work for me. But that was something like ver 8.1 so is really old. My version of WinRar is not much younger but at least it worked correctly. Maybe it is time to update one of them.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Is today the day for the big CJ4 update? 🙃

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On 10/6/2020 at 10:49 AM, kaosfere said:

This mod doesn't improve the G3000 any.    v0.3.0 caused a conflict with the G3000 which caused synthetic vision to go away and 0.3.1 restructured it to avoid that, but otherwise there are no changes.

@aznricepuff has a released a fabulous G3000 enhancement which we liked so much we've invited them to join the Working Title team so we can benefit from sharing code in two very similar devices.   But that's for future versions. 🙂

As the mod team grows in numbers and expertise maybe electronic charts can slip into the workload. 😁

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Is today the day for the big CJ4 update? 🙃

Yeah, my pax are waiting 😝. At least we will have 4 more days until the next MS update breaks more things.

Haha.  I'm sure you've seen it, but if not, today is indeed the big day for the CJ4!  Congrats to my fellow jet drivers.  They've worked hard on this one.

It's noted in there, but we've also opened our Discord server to the public now.  If you prefer to get your update notifications and other news from Discord, you can join us there:   https://discord.gg/xRXSSaH.

• Like 1

I've seen this posted somewhere else but I've noticed tonight I only have the ENGINE option on the 2nd screen, not the LEAN option.  I do have the Trackup feature but now I'm wondering if something has broke with the last update??  

Thomas Derbyshire

45 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I've seen this posted somewhere else but I've noticed tonight I only have the ENGINE option on the 2nd screen, not the LEAN option.  I do have the Trackup feature but now I'm wondering if something has broke with the last update??  

For those who are still looking for the Working Title G1000 v0.3.1 mod.

P.S. Thanks to RaptyrOne for the link to v.0.3.1.

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OSM said:

For those who are still looking for the Working Title G1000 v0.3.0 mod.

Latest version is v0.3.1

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

Latest version is v0.3.1

Thank you! Could you post the link to v0.3.1?

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

A couple of G1000 questions:

1. After a FP is loaded in the G1000 MFD, how do you insert an additional waypoint at  some point in the FP?

2. As you approach your destination, what is the best way to activate a previously loaded instrument approach?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

42 minutes ago, ark said:

A couple of G1000 questions:

1. After a FP is loaded in the G1000 MFD, how do you insert an additional waypoint at  some point in the FP?

2. As you approach your destination, what is the best way to activate a previously loaded instrument approach?

Thx,

Al

I don't know the answer to 1... but you can pull up the flight plan using the button labeled as such on the MFD.

As for #2, when I load an approach in the G1000, all the waypoints are added in automatically, and it's just a matter of hitting APR (Approach Mode) on the AP as you intercept the glide slope to get the aircraft to follow it down.  But I maybe overlooking something in your question.

This video maybe helpful... in the workaround for the u-turn issue when adding an approach, I think he adds a waypoint...

Edited by Virtual-Chris