Sign in to follow this  
bahnzo

Copilot handing of radios?

Anyone else experiencing problems with this? I've been using this option since release and it's seemingly become worse for me recently. IE: right now, if I file an IFR plan, my copilot will do all the clearances and whatnot when I switch on the battery, but then that's it. It used to work fine and when I was airborne, he'd tune and call whatever freq was appropriate and continue handling calls. But now, that no longer happens and I have to handle all radio myself now if I want ATC. 

I have no idea why, and it's not specific to this new patch, as it's happened before that. Any ideas? Could it be something a mod is causing?

• Like 1

I fly without mods and I can say its s**t for now. It will accept anything the murderous ATC asks, even if it means parking an airliner in the ga ramp instead of gate, flying into a mountain, accepting a visual approach when it’s below minimums and get into the classic endless altitude ramblings. I suggest either skipping ATC comms entirely for sanity or using ai copilot just during cruise, taking over comms on arrival. The thing that bothers me most is that atc doesn’t do “descend via”, so theres no possibility of doing realistic arrivals. Hopefully someone will fix this for us.

I'm not talking about how bad ATC is. I'm talking about whether or not the Copilot is handling the radios as they used to. 

Just now, bahnzo said:

I'm not talking about how bad ATC is. I'm talking about whether or not the Copilot is handling the radios as they used to. 

And I answered that: still as bad, don’t use it except during cruise.

Just now, shadow133 said:

And I answered that: still as bad, don’t use it except during cruise.

Sheesh, read what I actually wrote. I'm not talking about are they just blindly taking ATC direction, I'm asking are they actually handling the radio at all. Because for me, they aren't.

6 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

Sheesh, read what I actually wrote. I'm not talking about are they just blindly taking ATC direction, I'm asking are they actually handling the radio at all. Because for me, they aren't.

For me, and for the third time, it is working as bad as it was. No difference. Co pilot will accept all instructions normally, blindly and dumbly as before, including changing the parking location after you land.

Bahnzo, I feel your pain, shadow133 is completely missing the point. I don't have the issue that the co-pilot has stopped talking to atc with the new patch. The patch has made no difference to the co-pilot for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bahnzo said:

Anyone else experiencing problems with this? I've been using this option since release and it's seemingly become worse for me recently. IE: right now, if I file an IFR plan, my copilot will do all the clearances and whatnot when I switch on the battery, but then that's it. It used to work fine and when I was airborne, he'd tune and call whatever freq was appropriate and continue handling calls. But now, that no longer happens and I have to handle all radio myself now if I want ATC. 

I have no idea why, and it's not specific to this new patch, as it's happened before that. Any ideas? Could it be something a mod is causing?

It happened to me before the first patch. I don't know why, but AI copilot would stop suddenly handling radio. I found a way around it by loading different airplane then switch back to airplane I originally intended to fly.  However, I no longer have this problem since after second patch.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

39 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Bahnzo, I feel your pain, shadow133 is completely missing the point. I don't have the issue that the co-pilot has stopped talking to atc with the new patch. The patch has made no difference to the co-pilot for me.

Lol, shadow133 didn't understand the OP is talking about the co-pilot handling the radios only, not piloting the aircraft.

No difference here too that I noticed. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Alright, thanks guys, I'm gonna remove some mods and see if I can pinpoint what causes it. Between the stuff that Asobo introduces and the mods that people (graciously) have done to try to fix what Asobo hasn't, it's maddening trying to love this sim right now. 

10 hours ago, Alvega said:

Lol, shadow133 didn't understand the OP is talking about the co-pilot handling the radios only, not piloting the aircraft.

No difference here too that I noticed. 

Are you illiterate? I did acknowledge that the co-pilot radio handling was working as normally... 4 times!!! I added the ATC and copilot handling as other issues.

Anyway I now experienced for the first time what the OP mentioned. My copilot is no longer replying, the option simply changes my voice into hers.

45 minutes ago, joca133 said:

Are you illiterate? I did acknowledge that the co-pilot radio handling was working as normally... 4 times!!! I added the ATC and copilot handling as other issues.

Anyway I now experienced for the first time what the OP mentioned. My copilot is no longer replying, the option simply changes my voice into hers.

Wow, your name changed!

8 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

Wow, your name changed!

Yeah Im on a different pc. But I did experience what you reported now. Weird. Did you get it fixed by changing aircraft like mentioned above?

Just now, joca133 said:

Yeah Im on a different pc. But I did experience what you reported now. Weird. Did you get it fixed by changing aircraft like mentioned above?

No, it happens on multiple aircraft. I'll try removing all my mods and see if that makes a difference. I'm wondering if the G1000 mod or one of the plane mods might be causing it. Do you have mods installed?