Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

Can't Get Saitek Panels To Work With X-Plane Via Spadnext

I've put together a new machine for VR use and I can't get Spadnext to work on X-Plane 11.5 SE.

I have FIPs, Radio, Muti, and Switch panels.

I'm just using the stock Spadnext X-Plane online snippets for each device.

None of them work.  Not even the FIPs.  Totally dead.

I did get them to work using a plugin from the X-Plane forum but I wanted to get them to work with Spadnext as I purchased the full license and a plethora of gauges from fipgauges.com. P3D is no problem but no luck on X-Plane.

Hello.  Took me 4 days but managed it. 95% of problems are usb power related.  I reinstalled Spadnext, with the xplane plug in of course, and used a powered hub solely for my three panels.  This appears to work for me

Hmm thats right its a win 10 issue.If you look at the Xsaitek download page  on the org it has a utility that fixes that issue.

I got it to work, but why I don't know.

I changed the line in the Spadnext .sdm file for "Local Connection" from "true" to "false."

That worked even though Spadnext is running on the same machine as the flight simulator.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:04 AM, argosafe said:

Hello.  Took me 4 days but managed it. 95% of problems are usb power related.  I reinstalled Spadnext, with the xplane plug in of course, and used a powered hub solely for my three panels.  This appears to work for me

I have a heavy duty multi-port (20) power USB hub, so I don't think it's that.

Are you sure about that?

I can configure OK with the Spad.Next Utility which talks tothe devices but X-Plane will not talk to the Saitek units.

I have tried the true/false trick with loopback address 127.0.0.1 and also tried to talk to localhost as a remote via the ip address of X-Plane (loopback by other means)

Nothing works, log.txt shows "not listening". I have USB Power Management disabled.

One thing: going back into Spad.Next, I have seen several times that thesetting in the .SDM file had been changed to Remote although i KNOW 100% that I set it to Local.

Can anyone who has a successfule system please share their .SDM file in Output/preferences with me?

I reinstalled the Plugin using the wizard and the .SDM file was set to 172.0.0.1 - I thought same-machine installs used the 127.0.0.1 or localhost as loopback address, not 172.0.0.1.

What is this 172.0.0.1 address?

22 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Why not do it the simple way and use XSaitek panels

Because I bought Spad.Next and it has more programability which xsaitek does not