Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The 5 Stages Of Avsim/MSFS Grief

4 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Sadly not everybody reaches Stage 5 😄

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

The last stage is : maturity.

Some of us started at stage 5.

We were tired of the old stale development of P3D and XP. We were hopeful of the potential of FSW. And we finally got a great foundation in MSFS.

• It won't be perfect day one...we knew that
  • It will take time...we knew that

But most of all, we knew that we were getting the best thing that has ever happened to flight simming in over a decade.

No stages of grief, just realistic expectations since we saw the "potential" of MSFS in the first trailer.

• Like 3

This sim probably needs a year. It is playable now if you can look past the bugs, and depending on the aircraft you select. I can spend the next year in a C172 just exploring the planet and still not have scratched the surface. I can dive into VATSIM and work on my skills there. I can dive more into OnAir for another year. I can become an airplane storm chaser. So many ways to go without ever running out of things to do, while experiencing our gorgeous planet. I have years of things to do without ever getting another patch. 

Or i can complain about all the bugs each and every day of that year. I can focus on the negative, which says more about who i am than it does about MSFS. I can engage in endless heated discussions, doing my best to win the internet on that day.  It is really a choice.

If this sim has you riled up to the point that your blood is boiling, see if you can get a refund. If not, wait a year and see where we are. Go back to whatever that thing is that makes you happy. Don’t let every patch trigger you over and over again. Don’t let this post trigger you. 

Life is better when you aren’t word not allowed off. Just a suggestion. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

People don't really need 5 steps.  When this game irritates you, stop playing.  Pick up an older sim, or even better, try something else.  

Your spare time is under your control.  I've been more positive than some, but I've also had those unavoidable "what the..." moments and taken a break.  

I'm personally a GA flyer almost exclusively, so this sim is great for me, and I can work around the bugs.  A lot of others are the more airliner, study level types, and quite frankly, you're here way too early.  You're only going to find frustration right now.  

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

13 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Your spare time is under your control.  I've been more positive than some, but I've also had those unavoidable "what the..." moments and taken a break.   

Like last night flying up the coast of California and seeing nothing but autogen. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Stage 1: Shock and Denial

I thought this was the sim to end all sims. The marketing made it look like everything was perfect. This isn't happening!

Stage 2: Anger

I'm done with this sim! What a POS! Going back to P3D!

Stage 3: Bargaining

Maybe I should have bought a better PC. I'll do anything to get a few more frames!!!

Stage 4: Depression

It's hopeless. MSFS was made for the consoles anyway. Can't do nothing about it.

Stage 5: Acceptance

MSFS will improve over time. It'll be great in a year, or so.

We should have a hot line to call 📞 for help 🤣😂🤣😂  

or to vent out 

1800 good luck. 

1800 is getting better 

1800 oh man I love this 

1800 fsx and p3d was better 

feel free to add any other numbers 

I after years of sim releases dont need to call any of this numbers. I learned how to be patient 
🤣😂🤣😂

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Brilliant Ricardo, well done! 👍 

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

8 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

I'll just write "word not allowed" to save the moderators the trouble. 

Hey, Jude!  Don't make it bad.  Take a bad word, and make it better!

Wow!  Catchy tune! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

All of this nonsense would have been prevented if they came out from day 1 and said, we have so many bugs in this thing that this is going to take us 1-2 years to make this simulator as what everyone imagined. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Nice one. I reached stage 5 during the alpha period and have been having a superb time in MSFS 2020 ever since. None of the issues so far has been show-stopper for me thankfully (and I'm not into the auto-liners that much so there's that). But deep down inside I really want the SDK to mature faster so that we can get to enjoy some study-level gems from the likes of A2A, Aerosoft, MilViz, PMDG etc. 😁

• Like 2