Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

You'd Think Eventually You'd Have Found Them All

Guest andyjohnston

I've tried and tried to remain positive about FSX despite everything. But it seems as though every time I fire it up, there are more bugs to be discovered.Now I know that a program like this is extremely complex, and it's not easy to catch everything, but I mean come on.I was trying to fly this afternoon, and I couldn't count the number of times I've had building crashes. That'd be okay, if I was hitting the buildings. But when I'm hundreds and sometimes even thousands of feet above the nearest object, how can it register as a building crash?The aircraft and panels look great. But there just seems to be no end to the issues.I don't know what can be said. I don't want to go back to FS-2004, I really don't. FSX has so much to offer, but on the other hand, it's so frustrating at the same time.

Guest andyjohnston

It's happened to me in many different places. But this afternoon, I was trying to fly from Vancouver down to Point Roberts, about ten miles away. Over and over again, building crash.Finally got it on the grass, switched to another aircraft. Tried to take off, building crash, reset back in that aircraft, try to take off, building crash, reset, JUST LOOK AROUND, building crash! Slewed forward a bit, try to take off, skids of the chopper cleared that grass, building crash, reset, gave it full power to just try and lift straight out, got clear of the ground, started to move forward, BUILDING CRASH.That's when I gave up.

Have you tried switching off crash detection?I haven't read anybody else with the problem but that doesn't mean there isn't anybody.

Had the same basic thing happen to me today for the first time. I've been flying FSX since Oct. 4 (licensed copy) without any of this.Today I took off in the Bell Jetranger from KSFO to fly the bay and look at Alcatraz. Flying toward the Bay bridge, at least a half mile from it, all of a sudden "Crash". Wasn't anywhere near the bridge.Very disappointing. Had to reload and fly over the city.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

>Had the same basic thing happen to me today for the first>time. I've been flying FSX since Oct. 4 (licensed copy)>without any of this.>>Today I took off in the Bell Jetranger from KSFO to fly the>bay and look at Alcatraz. Flying toward the Bay bridge, at>least a half mile from it, all of a sudden "Crash". Wasn't>anywhere near the bridge.>>Very disappointing. Had to reload and fly over the city.>I flew all over that area, there are three main bridges and there are a few mountains with towers, one has like nine. Maybe you hit one to them.

Guest andyjohnston

I decided just a few minutes ago to give it another shot. Loaded the sim where I left off at Point Roberts, put the plane in slew mode, moved it, and I got a building crash. In slew mode! The strip is nothing but a nice wide expanse of space, no buildings, trees, no nothins. But still...So I loaded it again, slewed back a little, took off, headed to the east. Had only gotten a few hundred yards at most when...building crash. Up in the air above the trees...but that doesn't matter.

Guest SJDickson

I fly around the Vancouver area all the time and haven't experienced this problem. To double-check, I just flew a flight from Abbotsford, around White Rock, down to Point Roberts and then back up to Vancouver via Boundary Bay, trying to overfly built-up areas as much as possible. I made sure that all collision detection settings were enabled and had autogen and scenery density at Normal. Throughout the flight, I tried to stay as low to the ground as possible, only occasionally straying above 500' MSL. At no point during the flight did FSX indicate that I had crashed into a building.

Are you sure it's a building crash and not overstress on the aircraft?Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest RonB49

Hi Andy,Have you installed any scenery addons to FSX? Others are able to fly in the same areas without these crashes so it must be something unique to your system. Scenery addons (mesh, landclass, detailed airports, etc.) come to mind first. We know that in FS9, scenery addons could prompt problems half-a-world away. R-