Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

SOLVED: Unable to display MSI Afterburner stats in P3D v4.5

Not sure if this belongs here or in Graphics section but lets start here.

I've seen plenty of videos of P3D v4 and v5 on YT with system stats shown in the top-left of the screen. Showing CPU Temp, GPU Temp, Memory etc. I've installed MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner and they're both running when I launch P3D v4.5. I have also pointed RivaTuner to the P3D executable and On-Screen Display Support is On. I've also tried the three rendering modes and none will make the info appear.

In the Scenario preview window the stats are shown but once the sim is fully loaded they disappear and I cannot for the life of me work out why. I've assigned a key to toggle benchmarking but still nothing shows.

I'm running a single UHD display so that shouldn't be a factor. Tried Windowed mode and full-screen with no joy. Could someone who has it working please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE: Just tried it in P3D v3.4 and it's fine just using the global setting. What is fundamentally different between these two sims?

MSI_Stats_1.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Rob_Ainscough, I saw one of your YT videos where you had this running. So if it works on P3D v5 and v3 why won’t it work on v4.5?

It’s mystifying. 🥴

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I had a related problem some days ago with MSFS/P3Dv5. I did a complete uninstall (incl. settings) and installed it again. Got it back.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just now, Nemo said:

I had a related problem some days ago with P3Dv5. I did a complete uninstall (incl. settings) and installed it again. Got it back.

Uninstall of Afterburner / Riva rather than P3Dv5 I trust? 😁 I did that last week after failing to get it to show. The fact it shows with current settings in 32-bit P3Dv3 makes me think something needs changing for 64-bit P3D v4 and v5. Don't have v5 yet.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Rob. I’ll fire up my PC tomorrow now and change settings so they match yours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

as far as I remember it doesn‘t work with water details „ultra“. Perhaps this is your case. Just dial it back to „high“ is worth trying it then...

Cheers Martin

• Like 1

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz

Just now, Avi8tor said:

Hi Ray,

as far as I remember it doesn‘t work with water details „ultra“. Perhaps this is your case. Just dial it back to „high“ is worth trying it then...

Cheers Martin

Thanks Martin. I saw that in a previous post and did try it. No joy. It does seem a weird option especially when I’m not close to any water objects.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Problem appears solved. I set RivaTuner to exactly the same settings as Rob but still no joy. But then I used SimStarter to reduce Water detail from Ultra to High outside the sim.

It worked! The display remains after the sim is loaded. No point changing it within the sim. It needs changing externally either via SimStarter or the p3d.cfg.

Thanks Martin! 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You are welcome! Good news! 

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Are you still on V4.5?   Sorry, I should have suggested that, thought you were on V5 where that's not longer a issue with RTSS.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes I am Rob. No worries. It seems such a bizarre setting that would mess up the display of Afterburner stats.

I’m waiting to see if FS Labs will develop Concorde for P3Dv5. If they do I’ll move to that. Enjoy your flights in the rival version. If you want a few flight plans give me a shout. JFK to Orlando in 1h 30m. 😁👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Rob, Hard to say if a full-featured Concorde would be more or less complex than an Airbus. I don’t have that aircraft so can’t comment. They’re very different of course. 13 fuel tanks in Concorde which makes life interesting when you’re managing them during flight. No derated takeoffs either.

Tut tut flying supersonic over land. Expect a fine incoming. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

On a side note and off topic, Airbus have some pretty interesting zero emission aircraft on the horizon, Liquid Hydrogen based all created via renewable resources (wind, solar, etc.) ... real here and now technology with FAA approval process starting in 2025.  Aircraft flies lighter as liquid hydrogen is 1/3 weight and will be in the fuselage rather than wings.  Much safer fuel and will not ignite easily if ruptured/exposed to environment and less harmful.  Will allow for changes to current design philosophy and the most likely technology to bring the return of supersonic travel safe, affordable, and with higher payloads (more passengers).  Gotta hand it to Airbus, forward thinking.

Cheers, Rob. 

How cheap is it to create hydrogen fuel? Can it generate similar amounts of power compared to Jet1A? We need a greener fuel. Saudi oilfields will run dry eventually.

As for supersonic flight you still have the problem of the sonic boom over populated areas. JFK-LHR-JFK would still be popular but how about Tokyo to LAX. Far too far for Concorde. It takes two legs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

32 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hopefully FSL will implement a "flight engineer" like A2A did with the conny ... or maybe FS2Crew?

I still haven't done a good landing in the simplified DC Concorde yet ... 220-200 Kts with touch down around 185 Kts but as soon as I drop below 200 I'm going to land like it or not regardless of DH  ... makes for some exacting approaches ... trying to figure how to slow the thing down without flaps and spoilers ... so far it seems landing gear down if I'm below 270 Kts is "safe".  Definitely the hardest aircraft I've tried to fly in P3D ... so very different from anything else ... now let me go find some really really really long runways I can practice on 😉

Cheers, Rob.

The 32-bit Concorde from FSL already has a fully functional FE panel so that’s a given in their 64-bit one.

Landing is very difficult to master. In the FSL version you need around 87% N2 with gear down and nose fully down to 12.5°. Pitch up to around 10 degrees and the drag from the delta wing will slow you down very effectively.

Aim for 220kts 7 miles out reducing to 170kts at 2 miles. Landing speed with around 15T of fuel left should be around 150-160kts. Keep autothrottles engaged until 15ft. That was standard practice on the real aircraft.

Kill autothrottles at 15ft and when the main gear touches don’t forget the nosewheel will still be around 15ft off the ground. Gently ease the stick forward and when the nosewheel touches engage full reverse thrust and manual braking. Inner reverse thrust off at 100kts and outer off at 70kts. Don’t forget the nosewheel is 35ft behind you! Taxiing is tricky! 😁

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather