Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Release: Working Title CJ4 0.3.1 (MSFS 1.9.3 Compatible)

Thank you! Should I also remove any mods relating to the Garmin GPS when using this latest version?

Cheers,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, dihedral said:

Thank you! Should I also remove any mods relating to the Garmin GPS when using this latest version?

You're very welcome!

The Working Title CJ4 and Working Title G1000 should be compatible. I can't speak for other mods since I'm not sure what underlying file they've changed.

9 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

You're very welcome!

The Working Title CJ4 and Working Title G1000 should be compatible. I can't speak for other mods since I'm not sure what underlying file they've changed.

Matt - thanks for the very quick reply. Did I read somewhere that there is a preferred sequence to dropping the G1000 and CJ4 mods into the community folder? Meaning one overwrites part of the other?

Cheers,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

Thank you very much for all of your efforts!!!!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

BIG THANK YOU guys !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

46 minutes ago, dihedral said:

Matt - thanks for the very quick reply. Did I read somewhere that there is a preferred sequence to dropping the G1000 and CJ4 mods into the community folder? Meaning one overwrites part of the other?

Cheers,

Nope, they're totally independent, in completely different package folders, so any order should be perfectly safe!

• Like 1

@Matt Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Just tried another flight with AI. Does not work at all. Is this a CJ issue or AI issue?

You'll have to be slightly more specific. Is this the similar issue as mentioned earlier in the thread, where radios are no longer controlled by the AI co-pilot, or is this a different set of symptoms you're seeing?

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

You'll have to be slightly more specific. Is this the similar issue as mentioned earlier in the thread, where radios are no longer controlled by the AI co-pilot, or is this a different set of symptoms you're seeing?

Same behavior in the King Air 350 so guessing they broke the AI with the patch. Bug report submitted. Guessing it is similar to this radio thing. Specifically when on runway turning AI on releases parking brakes and full thrust. T/O is normal albeit it bounces a couple times now. Flies and climbs straight ahead but never turns or able to fly a course heading or route, let alone an approach.  HTH.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster said:

Same behavior in the King Air 350 so guessing they broke the AI with the patch. Bug report submitted. Guessing it is similar to this radio thing. Specifically when on runway turning AI on releases parking brakes and full thrust. T/O is normal albeit it bounces a couple times now. Flies and climbs straight ahead but never turns or able to fly a course heading or route, let alone an approach.  HTH.

That does seem likely. We did not change anything that would cause that kind of interaction with the AI piloting system, aside from the FMC TUNE page.

19 hours ago, FNAL said:

I was thinking of making a tutorial on how to fly the CJ4 because most of the tutorials shown are for the default aircraft.  I might make the video today.

Oh man, that would be so cool, and very helpful for this old guy!!!!!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

FNAL said: I was thinking of making a tutorial on how to fly the CJ4 because most of the tutorials shown are for the default aircraft.  I might make the video today.

Please  consider there will be some users that are not familiar with the details and locations of switches and knobs you will be using for setup and systems checks.  I ask that you go slow and try to show and tell what you are doing and maybe why.  Maybe even zoom in and hesitate at times so we can duplicate your efforts.

My compliments on your unlimited motivation and talents.  I enjoyed the greatly improved text, fonts and colors for the PFD/MFD in the v3.1.  Thanks for getting that done so quickly.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

My CJ4 has just disappeared entirely from the aircraft menu after trying to replace the old CJ4 version. Sorry if the following description is a bit convoluted:

I had the previous version (v0.3.0) installed before the latest MSFS patch, and I didn't remove it before upgrading the sim.

I just tried adding the latest version (v0.3.1) so I removed the old CJ4 folder from my community folder and rebooted (figuring it would be good to load once after removing it, before adding the new one).

The problem is that now the CJ4 is completely missing from my aircraft list. I went to the content manager to see if I could do anything, and it still lists the working title CJ4 as being present (even though it isn't).

I've restarted MSFS, rebooted the computer, and also re-installed the base CJ4.

After re-installing the Base CJ4, the plane momentarily appeared in the menus again in the same sim session. So I quit, added the new CJ4 and restarted the sim, only to find the plane missing again.

When I search in the Content Manager, I now see two copies of the working title CJ4 listed (only one of which actually exists) as well as the base aircraft.

Any advice?

2 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Please  consider there will be some users that are not familiar with the details and locations of switches and knobs you will be using for setup and systems checks.  I ask that you go slow and try to show and tell what you are doing and maybe why.  Maybe even zoom in and hesitate at times so we can duplicate your efforts.

FNAL is out flying in the real world for a few days, but when he's back we'll reconvene on the subject of the tutorial and some SOP docs as well. This is definitely on our to-do list, but there are just so many hours in the day! 😉

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT