Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Release: Working Title CJ4 0.3.1 (MSFS 1.9.3 Compatible)

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

It seems Asobo modeled the cabin but you can't actually move into the cabin from the flight deck, unless I'm missing something.

You actually can move around, Just create a new custom camera, I`ve mapped it to my xbox controller. It`s similar to the drone camera.

jPDGKbl.jpg

tpewpb-6.png

9 minutes ago, RW1 said:

You actually can move around, Just create a new custom camera, I`ve mapped it to my xbox controller. It`s similar to the drone camera.

jPDGKbl.jpg

its kinda weird with external camera because you hear external sounds. you still can't go to the cabin in internal camera mode unlike in TBM where you can move free in internal camera mode(

Edited by BackboneOne

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

I have a small item, is there some way you guys can cut back on the cabin lighting?  It's doesn't really work and the only thing I can think of is to maybe cut back on some of it.

What do you mean by it doesn't really work? It has some shadow spots etc yeah, because we didn't want to use an excessive amount of new lights. It was more meant for the external view.
As there is no dedicated knob in the cockpit to dim it, it's always lit.

RL / Mod

I am sure it can be optimized to also look better from the inside and think about options to dim it. Of course any PR is welcome to make it better. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redge said:

@raymar Is the source of the guide that you posted above publicly available? I've been unable to find it online. 

This is Two pages from the CJ4 Flight Planning Guide, FPG, produced by Cessna in 2010. I found it online several years ago, along with the Specs and Description, SD. These are small, half page size documents.

I posted some pages with the Mission Planning data for the CJ4 in one of these forum threads last week. These should be more useful now that our MSFS model will be closer to the real world CJ4.

All Citation models have FPGs and they are not confidential, just limited distribution.  Although I was unable to find the POH or AFM online for the CJ4, I did find them for the Encore+ which has very similar size, specs, and performance. The same for the Learjet45. Lots of manuals and an excellent QRH.

The Proline 21 avionics in the CJ4 is very similar (~99%) to the Premier 1A and you can find  lots of training docs online. Even the Phenom 300 is similar enough for flight simulation planning and you can find the POH online.

These similar aircraft performance docs are certainly close enough to use for flight planning for simulated flying.

You might find the FPG in the wayback archives. Be sure to add pdf to your search criteria.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

With the CDU nearing a useful and working condition, this super detailed FMS guide might be useful for those wishing to learn more about the FMS-3000.

Although published for the Encore+ I think it is 99.4% applicable to the CJ4.
http://www.hatcheraviation.com/uploads/Collins_FMS-3000_Operator_s_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

Wow that sounds and looks good! Thank you so much. It is amazing to see a plane being developed to more "study level". Awesome!
Just to give us a heads up, will the Known Issues from before will be resolved? Because those unfortunately made me not fly the CJ4 anymore until further notice. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Redge said:

@raymar Is the source of the guide that you posted above publicly available? I've been unable to find it online. 

Although this for the Model 510 Mustang, the Checklists should be very close to the CJ4 and certainly close enough for flight simulation.

Enjoy,

Ray
https://www.skyservices-flightacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/normal_and_emergency_check_list.pdf

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BackboneOne said:

its kinda weird with external camera because you hear external sounds. you still can't go to the cabin in internal camera mode unlike in TBM where you can move free in internal camera mode(

I never mentioned the external camera. have you looked at the TBM camera cfg. Suggest you take a peek and then one can figure out how to make a custom camera so you can move inside, either with the controller like mine or Alt+arrow keys. But anyway this is off topic.

tpewpb-6.png

1 minute ago, RW1 said:

I never mentioned the external camera. have you looked at the TBM camera cfg. Suggest you take a peek and then one can figure out how to make a custom camera so you can move inside, either with the controller like mine or Alt+arrow keys. But anyway this is off topic.

whoa! but how can you see a pilot models in internal cam?? O_o

2 hours ago, Dennis98BE said:

Just to give us a heads up, will the Known Issues from before will be resolved? Because those unfortunately made me not fly the CJ4 anymore until further notice. 

Which ones in particular were the deal breakers? We will unfortunately not be able to fix the AP or Direct-To routing issues in the short term, as they require a full rewrite of the flight plan system and a fully custom autopilot setup, which we are actively pursuing, but it's a longer term item and a pretty large project. The AP porpoising is unfortunate totally unable to be solved except by Asobo, as the issues lie in the game code itself.

However, the tune page issues should be solved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Which ones in particular were the deal breakers? We will unfortunately not be able to fix the AP or Direct-To routing issues in the short term, as they require a full rewrite of the flight plan system and a fully custom autopilot setup, which we are actively pursuing, but it's a longer term item and a pretty large project. The AP porpoising is unfortunate totally unable to be solved except by Asobo, as the issues lie in the game code itself.

However, the tune page issues should be solved.

Hi Matt. Definetly where the plane will change in to ROL mode was a deal breaker. As follows I couldn't get it to go to the direct at all and ROL mode kept being activated but that might' have just been coincidence it wouldn't get back in to NAV.. Ever since I wasn't flying the CJ4 anymore. 
Secondly, yeah, if the Direct-To to a Fix could get handled that would be nice. E.g at Vienna on Vatsim they sometimes give you a direct to fix WW672 before the IAF. It is not a major issue in comparison to the first we have been experiencing but never the less.

All by all, I'm really looking forward to all what is coming in 0.4 
That will be a game changer for the flight dynamics when flying! 

4 minutes ago, Dennis98BE said:

Hi Matt. Definetly where the plane will change in to ROL mode was a deal breaker. As follows I couldn't get it to go to the direct at all and ROL mode kept being activated but that might' have just been coincidence it wouldn't get back in to NAV.. Ever since I wasn't flying the CJ4 anymore. 
Secondly, yeah, if the Direct-To to a Fix could get handled that would be nice. E.g at Vienna on Vatsim they sometimes give you a direct to fix WW672 before the IAF. It is not a major issue in comparison to the first we have been experiencing but never the less.

i was flying LOWW approach yesterday. when you recieved instructions just hit DIR, enter WW672, EXEC and there you go)) the waypoint is not there but you can type ANY and go direct to it.

Edited by BackboneOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis98BE said:

What about random switches and knobs every couple minutes? It’s like a ghost is messing with my electrical switches (lights on/off, screen brightness and turning my AP off). Is this happening to others as well?