Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Release: Working Title CJ4 0.3.1 (MSFS 1.9.3 Compatible)

7 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

What about random switches and knobs every couple minutes? It’s like a ghost is messing with my electrical switches (lights on/off, screen brightness and turning my AP off). Is this happening to others as well?

Have you tried setting your AI/Multiplayer aircraft to generic?  This seems to be the current "fix" for the bug created in the last MSFS patch which causes PFD/MFD screens to randomly shutdown and other switches to randomly get turned on/off (on all aircraft).

Edited by PlumCrazy
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dga711 said:

What do you mean by it doesn't really work? It has some shadow spots etc yeah, because we didn't want to use an excessive amount of new lights. It was more meant for the external view.
As there is no dedicated knob in the cockpit to dim it, it's always lit.

RL / Mod

I am sure it can be optimized to also look better from the inside and think about options to dim it. Of course any PR is welcome to make it better. Thanks

O.k. here it is.  I only did a couple of edits but for me this looks better in the daytime and at night as you get more of the back cabin wall lite up and it flows better when looking from the outside at night. I removed the forward most light which in the daytime took away from the wonderful textures of the default cabin.  I want to thank you first of all for lighting up the cabin to begin with as well as all the other wonderful additions you guys have accomplished.  I (and I'm sure I speak for others) didn't think these kinds of edits were possible yet to default MSFS aircraft (the A320 MOD is amazing as well).  Do to limitations of what we can do with the actual model what you did is the best that can be done with cabin lighting:  

#cabin
lightdef.28=Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:2.5,0,2.72#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_CJ4_CabinOmni#PotentiometerIndex:13
lightdef.29=Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.7,0,3#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_CJ4_CabinOmni#PotentiometerIndex:13

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, BackboneOne said:

its kinda weird with external camera because you hear external sounds. you still can't go to the cabin in internal camera mode unlike in TBM where you can move free in internal camera mode(

You can also explore the full SR22 cabin with the cockpit camera.  Even the luggage space in the back.

I love being able to move to a passenger seat and look out the window sometimes.   Is it possible to enable the cockpit camera to fully roam the cabin with a community mod?  Is it a simple boundary limit that can be moved?

Edited by N7470
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, N7470 said:

Is it possible to enable the cockpit camera to fully roam the cabin with a community mod?  Is it a simple boundary limit that can be moved?

Where is this setting located?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Have you tried setting your AI/Multiplayer aircraft to generic?  This seems to be the current "fix" for the bug created in the last MSFS patch which causes PFD/MFD screens to randomly shutdown and other switches to randomly get turned on/off (on all aircraft).

I have not. So just switch traffic to generic? Will give it a shot. This and the dolphin AP are driving me nuts.

12 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Old: Did not work for me, as a matter of fact it went even more crazy: both engine starters, pitot probes and master were on on the gate (my mechanical switches are working and were off). This is new. I had several electrical glitches, 2 on just from gate to runway taxing with lights going full bright, another after takeoff, one during cruise and one more on short final. Ill give it a rest until MS fixes it.

Edit: It may have worked. I was turning off real-time traffic, now saw the option for generic traffic on graphics settings. I also saw it is on the known bugs list at MS. Tks!

Edited by joca133

On 10/7/2020 at 10:52 PM, Dillon said:

O.k. here it is.  I only did a couple of edits but for me this looks better in the daytime and at night as you get more of the back cabin wall lite up and it flows better when looking from the outside at night...

Thank you very much. I will bring it in and see what it does 👍

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, Dillon said:

I did some looking around and wasn't able to find where the invisible barrier is coded.  In the SR22 the seats are not be solid so it's probably part of the interior model binary files and not a simple text file setting.

I did find that if you set a "Cockpit" camera position beyond the barrier you can free roam anywhere, even outside the plane and back inside.  The only limitation is If you go into the invisible box around the pilot/copilot seats you will be boxed in until you reset the camera view.

To do this I added cameras.cfg to your mod and changed just these two lines in the CAMERADEFINITION.1 (ClosePilot/TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_PILOT_IFR) section:

InitialXyz = 0.3775, 0.4, 4.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

This is in the back center of the cabin facing forwards and you are then free to roam around.  By using a cockpit pilot view it keeps the internal sounds, which is nice for the passenger experience.  I only use the default pilot view for flying so sacrificing one of the others was not a problem for me. That might not work for everyone and I don't now what is involved with adding a new Cockpit view. 

Having done this I agree with the earlier post about internal lighting being too bright for night use.  It might be helpful to have them dim along with the instruments or at least have an on/off setting.

Off Topic for the CJ4 but In case anyone else likes free-roam internal camera views, here is a camera position for the 747 that is standing up just behind the jumpseat (and outside the invisible box):

InitialXyz = 0.61, 1.0, 3.5
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

The interior of the 747 is mostly unfinished but there are a few window, galley, and cargo sections that are fun to explore.

Edited by N7470
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, N7470 said:

I did some looking around and wasn't able to find where the invisible barrier is coded.  In the SR22 the seats are not be solid so it's probably part of the interior model binary files and not a simple text file setting.

I did find that if you set a "Cockpit" camera position beyond the barrier you can free roam anywhere, even outside the plane and back inside.  The only limitation is If you go into the invisible box around the pilot/copilot seats you will be boxed in until you reset the camera view.

To do this I added cameras.cfg to your mod and changed just these two lines in the CAMERADEFINITION.1 (ClosePilot/TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_PILOT_IFR) section:

InitialXyz = 0.3775, 0.4, 4.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

This is in the back center of the cabin facing forwards and you are then free to roam around.  By using a cockpit pilot view it keeps the internal sounds, which is nice for the passenger experience.  I only use the default pilot view for flying so sacrificing one of the others was not a problem for me. That might not work for everyone and I don't now what is involved with adding a new Cockpit view. 

Having done this I agree with the earlier post about internal lighting being too bright for night use.  It might be helpful to have them dim along with the instruments or at least have an on/off setting.

Off Topic for the CJ4 but In case anyone else likes free-roam internal camera views, here is a camera position for the 747 that is standing up just behind the jumpseat (and outside the invisible box):

InitialXyz = 0.61, 1.0, 3.5
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

The interior of the 747 is mostly unfinished but there are a few window, galley, and cargo sections that are fun to explore.

Awesome find man 👍🏻

21 hours ago, N7470 said:

Hello, you can find a set of custom camera views that go beyond the cockpit movement limitations here:

https://flightsim.to/file/1451/custom-cameras