Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

P3Dv5 Helicopters...

Can someone kindly recommend a good chopper (payware or freeware) that works properly in P3Dv5?   I have the Cerasim Dauphin and i was able to install it, but  rudder control is almost non-existant, and the cockpit lighting at night leaves a lot to be desired.  Thnx  (I apologize if this posts twice)

Richard

Hello Richard,

I'm not sure there is a good chopper for P3D, especially p3Dv5 since it is relatively recent.

AFAIK, the only good helicopter for FSX/P3D is the dodosim but the V2 has not seen light...

For helicopter I use DCS.

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

HI Tony,

I think you are correct on this.  I wanted to use the chopper to do some low level exploring over ORBX's Honolulu, but i gues I'll use the Cub to go low and slow.  Thnx though

Richard

Thre are plenty of low and slow options for P3D.

A2A's Cub is really nice with full PBR and has a quite commentive passenger, or A2A's C172 or C182 are both great slow and low types.

There is the Flight Replica's Super Cub Extreme which I really enjoy flying.

Ant's airplanes has a nice Tecnam Serria with a bubble canopy and a full PBR Tiger Moth and an ultralight Drifter.

I even fly low and slow in an AgTruck from Alabeo.

Another is also a powered parachute for real slow over a POI.

https://secure.simmarket.com/franz-luftfahrt-paramotor-fsx-p3d.phtml

And the helicopter I fly (or am learning to fly i should say) is the  Cabri G2 from MP Designs who have a number of nice helicopters.

https://secure.simmarket.com/mp-design-studio-guimbal-cabri-g2-fsx-p3d.phtml

If you have FSX (or FSX-SE) you can even migrate the Trike over.

And there is some great freeware as well e,g, the STOL Zenith 701, or Super Cub Extreme.

Some Pics: sorry no helicopter pics as I'm still learning to fly (and I crash a lot atm).

Cheers R

A2A's Cub.

0DAD3CB4FA3508375E5874D31E9FCB32A33C69A4

Flight Replica's Super Cub Extreme.

E8DF58DBB82E13264C7F9C5576825F7F3897D214

Ant Tecnam Sierra.

918642D83D47F8FF8FABC0678EBC368AE2263B57

Ant's Tigermoth

51AB5EBB96EC0D4939A12AAB4BD1632B6F32BBB6

C188 AgTruck

CA6E00F673587A68A24A3EABFFB1725A9BD23635

A2A C182

6F2BE3E08A6DCA1BDB3B62DAD4A0E338D1A581D4

Goldern Age Stearman.

4A17A16B3E2E7A3485F0A20F71AFDC51980FD957

Freeware

7EE9BF067D81883D35621599AF7199FD4864531E

705B573989E9590E73EC2D8C5E97D7A44E835D2C

Flying Parachute.

FAEABF2849CC3E95FEED303A968840CFEF4CC22F

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I purchased the MP DESIGN STUDIO - AEROSPATIALE GAZELLE SA342 because it appears to have good flight dynamics and is supported in P3Dv5.

I have to admit I haven't got to installing it, but may give it a whirl this weekend.If you are interested in this, you can find it on Simmarket.

There some v5 compatible whirlybirds available from Nemeth Design but not tried those either.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

21 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

may give it a whirl this weekend

I'd also be interested in your opinion on this.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thanks for all the responses.

Rogen - i have the A2A Cub so that will be my first choice.  But i will definitely take a look at the Cabri G2.

Mark will also look at the Gazelle, i think i've seen screenshots of that bird in P3Dv4

Will let you all know what i decide.

Richard

Sure, let me try it out Richard and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hi - I just asked about this on the Sim Outhouse P3D forum to see if their users can verify the AS365 issues in V5, as I don’t have that version of the sim yet pending a system upgrade. I used the helo routinely without issue in 4.5.

A user there claimed to have no yaw or other controllability issues with the AS365 in P3Dv5. They did say the lights may need some work to add a dynamic spot point, and an aircraft cfg edit will enable proper function of the autopilot, but they overall emphasized no major issues. The user also encountered no other issues with the other Cera models except they didn’t test the Bell 222 yet. 

For the sake of troubleshooting - Is the AS365 new to you in general, and can you verify that all appropriate systems are on? Namely, the hydraulics and the SAS systems (and that the AP is off). 

Thanks,

Sean K.

Edited by STK

On 10/2/2020 at 3:56 PM, Slick9 said:

Mark will also look at the Gazelle, i think i've seen screenshots of that bird in P3Dv4

Will let you all know what i decide.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Well the Gazelle is installed and she looks good. My first impressions are:-

• Certainly flies in v5.
  • The reflections from the cockpit are realistic given there's a huge glass cockpit area. Some may say the reflection is overdone but for me its OK.The vibrations within the cockpit are well done.
  • She's a bit of a handful to fly although I have not flown a helicopter since flying the EC135 in FSX. There's a lot of cockpit switches and functions available in the Gazelle but they are all clearly marked and visible. Detail and clarity is good.
  • I havent tried the autopilot /SAS modes but hand flying is good. Ground eftect is good.
  • The user manual which depicts all the switches is OK but in my opinion is a bit scant (approx 7-8 pages) in the detail of how the various systems work.

The product review claims:

Aerodynamics:
-GROUND RESONANCE (occurs when a helicopter lands on the slopes which are over limitations), Translating tendency effect, Transverse flow effect, Lift effect, VORTEX RING STATE, Lost of tail rotor effectiveness, Hydraulic system failure/on/off effect
Sound:
-Realistic sound environment, Realistic outdoor and indoor sounds, Blade flapping sound effect, Cyclic stick trimmer sound, Hydraulic warning system sound
Model:
-Two models available: military & civil
-Shake on skies effect, Skies amortization, High number of polygons, Realistic shape and precise geometry, Fully animated, Sling hook available
Virtual cockpit:
-Fully clickable, Precise geometry, Vibration effect, Full HD, Gauges glass reflection, Fully animated, All labels and marks
-Autopilot/SAS:
    - two operating modes (altitude hold, velocity hold), can maintain hover flight, trimming effect, realistic autopilot channel testing
-VHF/NAV:
    -VOR/ILS System, DME
-DOPPLER NAVIGATION SYSTEM:
    - NADIR (fly your route created with Flight Planner, using doppler nav system)

If you are used to flying complex helicopters then I'm confident you can take this one on.

I have placed a few pics here from Zeltweg, Switzerland: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Abjk5BH5Dp8XWxG69

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

THnx much Mark - i am  purchasing it as I type.  I'll take her out for a quick spin and be back.  Assuming I can get that done before the wife gets home.

Richard

12 hours ago, STK said:

Hi - I just asked about this on the Sim Outhouse P3D forum to see if their users can verify the AS365 issues in V5, as I don’t have that version of the sim yet pending a system upgrade. I used the helo routinely without issue in 4.5.

A user there claimed to have no yaw or other controllability issues with the AS365 in P3Dv5. They did say the lights may need some work to add a dynamic spot point, and an aircraft cfg edit will enable proper function of the autopilot, but they overall emphasized no major issues. The user also encountered no other issues with the other Cera models except they didn’t test the Bell 222 yet. 

For the sake of troubleshooting - Is the AS365 new to you in general, and can you verify that all appropriate systems are on? Namely, the hydraulics and the SAS systems (and that the AP is off). 

Thanks,

Sean K.

I've been using the AS655 for a while now so I don't think it's systems issue. But if others are not having issues, then I must be doing something wrong, so I'll take another look at her and see.  Thnx for the input Sean

On 9/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Slick9 said:

Can someone kindly recommend a good chopper (payware or freeware) that works properly in P3Dv5?   I have the Cerasim Dauphin and i was able to install it, but  rudder control is almost non-existant, and the cockpit lighting at night leaves a lot to be desired.  Thnx  (I apologize if this posts twice)

Richard

I have the Cera Dauphin helicopter and for me it flies very good in v5. You are right about the cockpit lighting though. It is very hard to see at night because the cockpit lighting is almost non-existent.

All the Cera helicopters work in P3DV5.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I come back with head bowed in shame - the AS365 works as it should (outside of the night instrument lighting).  I had the SAS system on and that was what was fighting me for yaw control.  If we could just get someone to fix the lighting this bird would be spectacular in p3dV5.  

I also went ahead and purchased the Gazelle from simmarket.  I'll be spending this week getting up to speed in her once i get EZdok all set.

Richard

• Like 1