Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A way to stop the VFR map CTD bug?

So there is an option to turn on the VFR map automatically at the start of every flight: Options > Assistance > User Experience > VFR Map UI Panel Open At Start > On

So you will force the VFR map to load at the start of every flight this way.  Then in theory, you should be able to open up the VFR map later in the flight and it shouldn't CTD.  By forcing the VFR to automatically load at the start of every flight this way, does this workaround stop the opening of the VFR map from CTDing the game for everyone?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have also set the VFR map to open when starting a flight.

However, I have not tried closing the VFR map during a flight. Instead, I stick the map in an upper corner and then minimize it when I don't need to see it (the title bar remains). When I do want to see it, I just un-minimize it. Then minimize it once I'm done looking at it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Works for me.

...jim

PS. This is what I also do for the ATC window... VFR map in top left corner, ATC in top right corner...

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

9 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

I have also set the VFR map to open when starting a flight.

However, I have not tried closing the VFR map during a flight. Instead, I stick the map in an upper corner and then minimize it when I don't need to see it (the title bar remains). When I do want to see it, I just un-minimize it. Then minimize it once I'm done looking at it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Works for me.

...jim

PS. This is what I also do for the ATC window... VFR map in top left corner, ATC in top right corner...

Yup. If you keep the VFR map minimized, it appears the game won't CTD.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM