Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Really need help trying to isolate performance issue

Hi guys, 

Can someone be so kind and help me by duplicating this scenario ? It should take only few minutes and i am not sure if there some bug in the specific area or some bug in my system. When i am getting to this specific city (very small city all ai) i am getting endless stutters which only closing the game can solve but then again doing same thing in the same area its coming back. 100% reproducible

Steps to reproduce: Start the flight at LKZC with an SR22 or another GA plane and head south south/west along the highway at low alt ,around 1200' ft ASL. in few minutes you will get close to the airport LKMB and just before its the city. Once starting to fly over the city at about 1200'ft ASL the above will start. 

Much appreciated as it will help to isolate if the issue is on my side or the sim side. 

Thank you ! 

Roi Ben

We need to know your spec and resolution before we can even remotely try to replicate this issue. There is so many variable we have to take into consideration. That included your internet speed.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

We need to know your spec and resolution before we can even remotely try to replicate this issue. There is so many variable we have to take into consideration. That included your internet speed.

Yes i know there is but this something very specific. 

I got an I7-10700K@5.1, RTX2070, 32GB 3600, SSD, Bandwidth 50mbps. I know internet is low but i also need to figure out if thats the issue. Since in overall i got good smooth experience almost anywhere else. 

Roi Ben

I read a lot of these stuttering issue and all of them seems to be OC I7 with HT disable. I don't know if this is your case but you want HT to be enable on your I7. I am using a Ryzen 7 3800x and I never experience any stuttering in the sim. I do have a 700MB/s internet but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

I read a lot of these stuttering issue and all of them seems to be OC I7 with HT disable. I don't know if this is your case but you want HT to be enable on your I7. I am using a Ryzen 7 3800x and I never experience any stuttering in the sim. I do have a 700MB/s internet but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Trust me i tried with, without.

Roi Ben

What aircraft? What’s your average fps? What resolution? Any weather?
Take a FPS you can maintain, and lock  it that FPS using RTSS. That will completely smooth your frame time out. Even better if you have g-sync. 
Any cpu core hitting 100%? If so, lower some settings so that no core is at 100%. 
There are loads of things that create stuttering. It’s an elimination game. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

Turn on FPS monitor from sdk menu to give an idea what’s happening with resources while you’re over the area,

Edited by iCann

If you are flying towards a big body of water make sure your waves setting is low to medium. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

This is a specific issue and not performance related. Those areas exist.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

This is a specific issue and not performance related. Those areas exist.

That's exectly what I am trying to confirm. Have you noticed one that I can test ? 

In heavy areas iam totally fine. Tokyo, New York... no problem. But that small city make the CPU go crazy. This is not normal settings issue.

Roi Ben

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What aircraft? What’s your average fps? What resolution? Any weather?
Take a FPS you can maintain, and lock  it that FPS using RTSS. That will completely smooth your frame time out. Even better if you have g-sync. 
Any cpu core hitting 100%? If so, lower some settings so that no core is at 100%. 
There are loads of things that create stuttering. It’s an elimination game. 

This area causes weird CPU behavior. I'm not talking about low fps stutters or loading stutters I'm talking about complete endless pauses of about 2 seconds each that won't resolve themselves. 

Roi Ben

Make sure AI traffic is turned to off.

8 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hi guys, 

Can someone be so kind and help me by duplicating this scenario ? It should take only few minutes and i am not sure if there some bug in the specific area or some bug in my system. When i am getting to this specific city (very small city all ai) i am getting endless stutters which only closing the game can solve but then again doing same thing in the same area its coming back. 100% reproducible

Steps to reproduce: Start the flight at LKZC with an SR22 or another GA plane and head south south/west along the highway at low alt ,around 1200' ft ASL. in few minutes you will get close to the airport LKMB and just before its the city. Once starting to fly over the city at about 1200'ft ASL the above will start. 

Much appreciated as it will help to isolate if the issue is on my side or the sim side. 

Thank you ! 

I just tried your flight in the C172 G1000 and got the same results - definitely something on the sim side.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

8 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hi guys, 

Thank you ! 

OK  I tried your scenario..  ran the SR22 on a flight plan vor from LKZC to LKMB on VOR direct.   set the autopilot to nav and was at around 1900 ft (after i cleared the ridge)  and watched the FPS on my machine.

I found the same as you, there is "something" in the town area that is a real problem...  here is a pic...

sr22test.thumb.jpg.6f0dc2e8d437cc049750b81f0b6af0bc.jpg

Monitoring the CPU.. each of those downspikes was a major stutter with the FPS dropping from a solid 38 to more like 15 or so.  you can see 27 in the pic as another stutter is coming.  9The upspike was a scenery load and had no effect)

On my setup, this is actually the very first time I have seen stutters in this sim (yeah I'm lucky)  but something wierd is going on.

My specs..  i7-8700  32 gig RAM  1060 graphic card settings to high with a couple of ultras.

Normally, I am solid at 38 - 40 in countryside and drop to around 25-30 in places like heathrow but with no stuttering,  This was just a total freeze then recovered.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

27 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

just tried your flight in the C172 G1000 and got the same results - definitely something on the sim side.

22 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

found the same as you, there is "something" in the town area that is a real problem...  here is a pic...

Thank you very much guys! You saved me lots of time and pain trying to troubleshoot it.

As it appears some areas are simply bugged. 

Thanks again guys for your time ! 

• Like 1

Roi Ben