Sign in to follow this  
Alaska738

Flight plan not followed

I noticed since update 1.9.3 that my aircraft could not longer follow its flight plan path. After my take-off, i engage the AP everything goes well and without knowing why, my plane starts to leave the flight plan. I disengage the AP, i re-activate it but nothing changes. I have to fly manually. I tested on A320 and 787.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

The problem you describe has been occurring in my flights for the last several weeks.  Yesterday flying the DA62 on AP/NAV with ALT set to 10,000' and everything was good for about 20-minutes.  Then noticed the flight was not tracking the waypoint.  The proper waypoint was in the info box with the proper bearing.  But, no AP was shown in the info box.  Then I noticed the altitude was slowing decreasing and no ALT was set in the info box. 

I found that ONLY VS and FLC  were still working.  Clicking on any other AP button, including the AP button had no result.  I could not engage NAV, HDG, ALT.  Clicking on them did nothing.  I could dial in an altitude and set the VS or FLC but that did no good because the AP was disengaged.

I turned off the Avionics Master and then the Electrical Master but the G1000 kept operating on battery power.  As far as I can tell - there is no way to power off the G1000 in the DA62 to force a reset.

Same thing happened again today in the C 172 G1000 but I could reset that G1000 and get all the controls back. 

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

If i also engage the AP, i lose altitude, so in order to avoid crashing, i must to use manual during the entire flight. I have this concern since the last update. For now i can't longer fly. 😞

t-l-chargement

I just came to the forums to post the same. I'm still flying in P3D but have been having great fun using MSFS as passenger/observer simulator letting the AI pilot do the whole flight from start up to shutdown. In the last few days the AI Pilot will start the aircraft, taxi, take-off, turn to the first waypoint and then.... just keep flying - forever! Never landing.

Edited by mfahey
  • Like 1

I see that i'm not the only one in this case. Hope this will be fixed in the 1.10.3 update?

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

11 minutes ago, mfahey said:

In the last few days the AI Pilot will start the aircraft, taxi, take-off, turn to the first waypoint and then.... just keep flying - forever! Never landing.

I don't think the AI Copilot program code is the same code as the Garmin G<whatever> autopilot code. 

So if you're having "autopilot" problems, need to be specific about which you are using, the two aren't the same.

I haven't had a problem with the G1000 AP dis-engaging in the Beechcraft G36, I did a 4 hour flight last night.  But everyone seems to have a slightly different experience with this sim right now.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Schwarzgruber said:

I noticed since update 1.9.3 that my aircraft could not longer follow its flight plan path. After my take-off, i engage the AP everything goes well and without knowing why, my plane starts to leave the flight plan. I disengage the AP, i re-activate it but nothing changes. I have to fly manually. I tested on A320 and 787.

Same issue. Reported to MS you should do the same.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

AP issues with the TBM here. The AP does not engage on flight (in fact, disengaged itself after take-off) and does not respond to follow HDG or NAV. VS is not working either.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I don't think the AI Copilot program code is the same code as the Garmin G<whatever> autopilot code. 

So if you're having "autopilot" problems, need to be specific about which you are using, the two aren't the same.

I haven't had a problem with the G1000 AP dis-engaging in the Beechcraft G36, I did a 4 hour flight last night.  But everyone seems to have a slightly different experience with this sim right now.

I had a great 2.4 hour flight today in the C172 (G1000).  Had two glitches.  Took off from Oakland and hand flew over San Francisco, then turned south along the coast and to intercept my flight plan.  Instead I kept on heading to the SW.  Took me a minute or two to realize that the CDI setting was on VOR1 instead of GPS.  Seems the sim starts  it in that state.  Switched CDI to GPS and all was quickly OK.

Later in the flight I selected and loaded an approach into Burbank.  My final flight plan fix before the approach was OXR at Oxnard.  I activated the approach prior to OXR but for some reason that appeared to extinguish the AP.  I noticed it right away.  Turned it back on and again loaded, then activated the same approach.  All was well after that.

I did once before the recent update have the AP in the Baron G58 go awol on me like I see described above.  Could not get it back during that flight, despite recycling first the master avionics, then recycling both the avionics and master battery.  Again, that occurred about two weeks ago, before the latest update.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have the same problem and I use the ai pilot to "fly" a flight plan but after the update the plane never lands. This was the only function that was important to me that was working and now I don't have it. I hope there is a fix for this problem because It really wrecks the sim for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I use the ai pilot

???

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere